Croke Park - Bags and Shít

Started by Syferus, June 20, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: joemamas on June 22, 2017, 04:35:28 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2017, 04:18:35 PM
I disagree with the notion of the Grab All Association. It's not been my experience at least.

+1

I can find many faults, but I genuinely believe that a lot of funds find their way back to clubs.
Ticket price are very reasonable, especially for Q/finals to final, compared to other sports such as International soccer and rugby.

Digressing, I do hope they really market the Q/finals and playoffs on July 29th 30th, it is a lousy being there when attendance is 30k-40k.

Do you honestly think so? I think Ticket prices are way above what one should expect to pay to see Amateur players. The AI final replay was a case in matter of the fans do not matter in charging €80 again from patrons. Myself and the other half had to fork out €320 for the two games, hardly reasonable. Take the blinkers off! Bar Mayo and Dublin Supporters, supporters are voting with their feet, especially the weaker counties.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 22, 2017, 06:13:48 PM
I disagree with the notion of the Grab All Association. It's not been my experience at least.

+1

I can find many faults, but I genuinely believe that a lot of funds find their way back to clubs.
Ticket price are very reasonable, especially for Q/finals to final, compared to other sports such as International soccer and rugby.

Digressing, I do hope they really market the Q/finals and playoffs on July 29th 30th, it is a lousy being there when attendance is 30k-40k.

Do you honestly think so? I think Ticket prices are way above what one should expect to pay to see Amateur players. The AI final replay was a case in matter of the fans do not matter in charging €80 again from patrons. Myself and the other half had to fork out €320 for the two games, hardly reasonable. Take the blinkers off! Bar Mayo and Dublin Supporters, supporters are voting with their feet, especially the weaker counties.

10k at Ros-Leitrim..

Price isn't the problem, but the lopsided product that has allowed one team in particular to dominant the sport at all grades.

Taylor

+1

Perhaps if tickets were cheaper there would be a bigger crowd??

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on June 22, 2017, 07:52:27 PM

+1

Perhaps if tickets were cheaper there would be a bigger crowd??

People either go or they don't go, €5 doesn't make their decision, most people are not hard up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Croke Park is great for carvery dinners. For people who are into that sort of thing. It is like the Ashling hotel with sport going on outside the window.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Do many neutrals go to Quarters or Semis?
Or do they all wait for the final?😊
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omaghjoe

If any1 can honestly seriously say this isnt about the money in some shape or form your deluded.
Why cant they search the bags?....dont want to pay the security personel?
Shops within Croker guaranteed to do better, even if they are run privately they can hike up the rents because of better margins
Possible added bonus of less clean up so less clean up personnel to hire.

What security has to do with it I dont know? Its about availing of an opportunity to look like their doing something and maximizing profit in the process,

In terms of security it reminds me of the time the French done away with public rubbish bins after ETA put a bomb put in one.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 22, 2017, 06:13:48 PM

+1

Unless I'm very much mistaken seats were reduced to €60 for the replay were they not? They were certainly reduced to €50 for the hurling replays for 2012-2014.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Taylor

The shops in CP must be laughing all the way to the bank.

On Saturday security was stopping so many people with bags. Most people were ditching the bags and there were wheelie bins full of them.

FFS could they not just search the bags?

Woman in front of me had a small rucksack - sandwiches and a few bottles of juice in it yet security deemed it too big.

The cost to take a family to a game now must be ridiculously high especially if there are two games on as you are in the stadium for longer

€5 gets you a bottle of juice, crisps and bar of chocolate in the ground

Its all about the money after all it seems

armaghniac

Stop whining. They said no bags. If each person carries their sandwiches in a plastic bag, then they need not spend a cent in the stadium.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 11:34:41 AM

On Saturday security was stopping so many people with bags. Most people were ditching the bags and there were wheelie bins full of them.

Woman in front of me had a small rucksack - sandwiches and a few bottles of juice in it yet security deemed it too big.

The cost to take a family to a game now must be ridiculously high especially if there are two games on as you are in the stadium for longer

What a load of bull.
I have often brought 4 or 5 kids with me to Croke Park and never saw the need for a back-pack. It's not a picnic. Any child can carry a bottle of water in their hand and a packet of sweets etc in a pocket. Picnic/lunch at the car before or after the game.
Yesterday's game was nearly ruined by people leaving their seats when it rained, leaving 10 mins before half time to go to the shop and most moronically of all ( in Mayo and Roscommon jerseys) leaving 10 mins before the final whistle when the game was deadlocked.
Stay home and watch on tv with cheap chocolate and popcorn and your life will be much simpler!

Taylor

Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 31, 2017, 12:06:11 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 11:34:41 AM

What a load of bull.
I have often brought 4 or 5 kids with me to Croke Park and never saw the need for a back-pack. It's not a picnic. Any child can carry a bottle of water in their hand and a packet of sweets etc in a pocket. Picnic/lunch at the car before or after the game.
Yesterday's game was nearly ruined by people leaving their seats when it rained, leaving 10 mins before half time to go to the shop and most moronically of all ( in Mayo and Roscommon jerseys) leaving 10 mins before the final whistle when the game was deadlocked.
Stay home and watch on tv with cheap chocolate and popcorn and your life will be much simpler!

Whats a load of bull?

I can assure you there were wheelie bins full of bags which had been taken from people.

Money making exercise.

If CP had H & S in mind this rule would be brought in at every ground.

Less than 40k there on Saturday - significantly more at the Munster Hurling final but this rule wasnt in place there. Why?

Orior

I had no bother entering the stadium with my backpack.

I also saw an empty plastic bag dance on the turf for a good 10 mins during the curtain raiser.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Taylor

Quote from: Orior on July 31, 2017, 12:42:00 PM
I had no bother entering the stadium with my backpack.

I also saw an empty plastic bag dance on the turf for a good 10 mins during the curtain raiser.

Was that not the bags from the gloves that the Monaghan players put on just before ht?

RedHand88

Quote from: Taylor on June 22, 2017, 12:53:31 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2017, 11:33:41 AM
Taylor, what county are you in? If you are not seeing benefits from the GAA you need to be kicking up hell. Grants, Coaching courses, etc etc are dispersed all across the country.

Gods Country....Tyrone.

Facilities at county level fantastic..........club level is a whole different ball game

Don't the club's get use of Garvaghey? Blitzs etc?