Croke Park - Bags and Shít

Started by Syferus, June 20, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Ban on bags in Croke Park just announced. Obvious reaction to events in England and elsewhere, but is it too much?

A4-sized bags or smaller only or the high vis (wo)men come out in force..

illdecide

Quote from: Syferus on June 20, 2017, 03:23:04 PM
Ban on bags in Croke Park just announced. Obvious reaction to events in England and elsewhere, but is it too much?

You can't be too careful, where have you heard..."I didn't think it would happen to me". Right move. In saying that Croke Park are prob doing it so you can't bring in your own food and drinks so buy theirs at extortionate prices
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

GalwayBayBoy

What the hell is an A4 sized bag? Do they mean a purse?

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 20, 2017, 03:29:12 PM

I assume it's just the width and height they're measuring, otherwise it doesn't make much sense. I checked my camera bag there and it was smaller than an A4 in WxH, thankfully.

armaghniac

A big no bigger than an A4 page.

I'd say bringing in sandwiches, drinks wouldn't be problem, especially if you stick them in a clear plastic bag.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Owen Brannigan

Bother for some families with a squad of children.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Syferus on June 20, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Why are you Roscommon people bringing bags and excrement to Croke Park?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2017, 03:39:52 PM

A big no bigger than an A4 page.

Well I know that. Just that I don't see very many A4 sized or smaller bags about. Unless they are purses.

BennyCake

It will probably become normal like airports that you can't bring in your own food or drink into stadiums. So they can rip you off with their £5 bottle of water and £3 Twix. I suppose their excuse for it will be because your ham sandwich and packet of Tayto could be used as explosives.

Taylor

CP execs are rubbing their hands at this.

Only a matter of time before all food and drink are banned from being taken in. Another example of the €€€€ coming before the people

Lazer

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 20, 2017, 03:44:27 PM
Bother for some families with a squad of children.

a few small bags and the children carry their own
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Taylor on June 20, 2017, 04:10:20 PM

Only a matter of time before all food and drink are banned from being taken in. Another example of the €€€€ coming before the people

Seriously? You think that's what this is about?

Rois

*crouching down protecting head when people are told that there will be lockers outside the stadium to put bags in and that you'll have to pay for them*

Don't worry, I imagine O'Neills will be straight on to the factories to churn out county-coloured approved bags very soon.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rois on June 20, 2017, 04:33:04 PM
*crouching down protecting head when people are told that there will be lockers outside the stadium to put bags in and that you'll have to pay for them*

Don't worry, I imagine O'Neills will be straight on to the factories to churn out county-coloured approved bags very soon.

They already do. Little mini rucksacks.

Dire Ear

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 20, 2017, 04:10:46 PM
Quote from: Taylor on June 20, 2017, 04:10:20 PM

Seriously? You think that's what this is about?
No doubt about it