Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheImpactCode

Saturday 1 July
5pm in Castlebar

Maroon Manc

If Mayo are to make the quarter finals then this is the first of 4 games over 5 weekends, Rochford is going to have to look after some of the older lads. Was it the same last year?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 20, 2017, 05:51:45 PM
If Mayo are to make the quarter finals then this is the first of 4 games over 5 weekends, Rochford is going to have to look after some of the older lads. Was it the same last year?

Yes! Media labelled us as Lackadaisical in our aproach last year. Especially Spillane (who never played 2 championship games in a month in all his years as an intercounty player!) You can't go flat out in these games. 

Ballaghman

Quote from: rosnarun on June 20, 2017, 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on June 20, 2017, 10:09:50 AM
Quote from: TheImpactCode on June 20, 2017, 09:02:56 AM
Is it not the county board and backroom teams concern to smooth out logistics.  it's the managers job to focus on the game.

Mayo still had the winning of the game against Galway but Rochford doesn't seem to have found a settled 15 - with O'Shea in and out of the team.
The O'Shea bit can't be helped for the moment anyway. Apparently he's struggling with a groin injury. We need him to get that sorted if we're to have any hope this summer. If that means resting him then that's what should be done.

does anyone really believe that . Ive no Idea whats really going on but its one thing to be able to play 20 minute with a groin injury one day but to be in the same position 3 weeks later means one of 2 things a. a more serious   injury or a smoke screen
I'm not 100% Ros but that's the word. If it's a smokescreen then the local papers are in on it too. Apparently he wasn't moving well at all for Breaffy on Saturday. If that's the case then the last thing he needed was 60 mins of club action but at the same time he needs to keep his fitness up. It's a tough one to manage. Does anyone have any insight as to whether it's a groin injury or not? I suppose I'm taking it at face value that's all.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: TheImpactCode on June 20, 2017, 02:58:00 PM
Saturday 1 July
5pm in Castlebar

€80 return on the train from Heuston. Might have to drive.

Any of you Mayo folk have any pointers for a good night out in Castlebar?

Match will be shite.

Wildweasel74

Be Mayo by 7 or 8 if we are lucky, Derry going very bad with about 10 better palyers in the county not playing who would have a  good chance of starting, somebody said worst Derry team in 30 years, hope not we won an ulster title 30 yrs ago. I say its the worst Derry team since about of 79 - 82  or before the early 70`s, Cant even get the die hards to go to this game with me

Syferus

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on June 20, 2017, 09:58:43 PM
Saturday 1 July
5pm in Castlebar

Match will be shite.

Can you pass as a child or as an OAP?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Syferus on June 20, 2017, 10:01:01 PM
Saturday 1 July
5pm in Castlebar

Match will be shite.

Can you pass as a child or as an OAP?

For the train or the night out?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ballaghman on June 20, 2017, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 20, 2017, 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on June 20, 2017, 10:09:50 AM
Quote from: TheImpactCode on June 20, 2017, 09:02:56 AM
Is it not the county board and backroom teams concern to smooth out logistics.  it's the managers job to focus on the game.

Mayo still had the winning of the game against Galway but Rochford doesn't seem to have found a settled 15 - with O'Shea in and out of the team.
The O'Shea bit can't be helped for the moment anyway. Apparently he's struggling with a groin injury. We need him to get that sorted if we're to have any hope this summer. If that means resting him then that's what should be done.

does anyone really believe that . Ive no Idea whats really going on but its one thing to be able to play 20 minute with a groin injury one day but to be in the same position 3 weeks later means one of 2 things a. a more serious   injury or a smoke screen
I'm not 100% Ros but that's the word. If it's a smokescreen then the local papers are in on it too. Apparently he wasn't moving well at all for Breaffy on Saturday. If that's the case then the last thing he needed was 60 mins of club action but at the same time he needs to keep his fitness up. It's a tough one to manage. Does anyone have any insight as to whether it's a groin injury or not? I suppose I'm taking it at face value that's all.

O'Shea is carrying an injury. Roachford wanted to rest him for the Galway game.

highorlow

The groin is a funny one. I had it myself.

The medics are doing right by O'Shea and building up his intensity levels slowly. 20 mins again the next day is all we will see of him then. Hard to understand though that he'd be played in CF the last day. With a groin injury he should be in a position where he has to kick less.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

westbound

Saturday 1 July
5pm in Castlebar

Match will be shite.

It's about half that price if you book online irishrail.ie

Maroon Manc

Quote from: highorlow on June 21, 2017, 12:04:21 AM

The medics are doing right by O'Shea and building up his intensity levels slowly. 20 mins again the next day is all we will see of him then. Hard to understand though that he'd be played in CF the last day. With a groin injury he should be in a position where he has to kick less.

But why did he play the whole match for his club at the weekend? Sounds like the injury hindered his performance.

rosnarun

would he not be better to have surgery and just hope mayo are still in it by the time he returns. probably too late now but before the sligo game would seem like to have been an ideal time.
as it is its seems disruptive with Cynics like myself look for the Real Story
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballinaman

Quote from: rosnarun on June 22, 2017, 11:22:49 AM

would he not be better to have surgery and just hope mayo are still in it by the time he returns. probably too late now but before the sligo game would seem like to have been an ideal time.
as it is its seems disruptive with Cynics like myself look for the Real Story
Majority of groin injuries injuries are treated non surgically now....apart from hernia/tear in the abdominal wall which do require surgery. Owing to fact that he hasn't undergone surgery, I would assume it's the former rather than the latter type of groin injury.

Ballaghman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 21, 2017, 10:21:35 AM

But why did he play the whole match for his club at the weekend? Sounds like the injury hindered his performance.
That's the bit I find strange/worrying.  If he only had 20 minutes in him against Galway then how did he play 60 mins the next week if his groin is at him. Still you'd have to assume he had the green light from the county to play the club game. Maybe as Highorlow said, they're keen to build up the intensity now and the groin is on the mend.