Down v Monaghan - Saturday 24th June at 7pm

Started by interested, June 13, 2017, 08:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interested

T Fearon

Will take Monaghan with a minus 5 handicap

Smurfy123

Way onyou go tony
Down have a serious chance here to win this game but I think Monaghan will just edge it
2 points Monaghan
Fermanagh to beat Armagh

Targetman

The odds say it all, a serious challenge for Down next Saturday, hope Monaghan approach the match with one eye on the Ulster final then you never know!!

T Fearon

If Down conceded two goals (and it could have been a few more) against Armagh I shudder to think what Mc Manus and Co will do.

Btw I agree that Fermanagh will beat Armagh.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: T Fearon on June 14, 2017, 07:38:48 AM
If Down conceded two goals (and it could have been a few more) against Armagh I shudder to think what Mc Manus and Co will do.

Btw I agree that Fermanagh will beat Armagh.

Have to agree with you on that one, although I think Down will play a lot more defensively against Monaghan than they did in the first half against Armagh.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Targetman on June 13, 2017, 11:13:19 PM
The odds say it all, a serious challenge for Down next Saturday, hope Monaghan approach the match with one eye on the Ulster final then you never know!!

If there's one thing they've learned from the two championship outings to date it will be that i.e. take nothing for granted. They will also be acutely aware (and reminded..) of Longford, in Clones, last year...

I know it may seem like a 'first world problem' but a concern of mine is that when we have taken the lead at the critical juncture (i.e. half-way through the second half) we haven't finished teams off. We have a propensity to keep the opposition in the game instead of the killing the game off, like the boys above us do..

Listen, we're moving along nicely, we're getting boys back from injury and giving invaluable experience to the the full squad. Our bench is stronger than I ever remember which is a serious asset to have, especially in the minefield that is the USFC.

SamFever

armaghniac

Quote from: SamFever on June 20, 2017, 02:15:41 PM
  This match still on? ;D

Does "match" not have implications of similarity between the contestants?
This is Barnier vs Davis.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: SamFever on June 20, 2017, 02:15:41 PM
  This match still on? ;D

Just posting in solidarity given the failure of most on the television coverage of the Tyrone game to recognise that Monaghan had a game before they met Tyrone in the Ulster final.  Otherwise it was quite funny to see Down dismissed in such a derisory manner.

Taylor

Tell me what Down have shown for them not to be dismissed in such a derisory manner?

Beaten a disgracefully bad Armagh team? Scraped a draw with a Cork team that just got by Waterford?

Monaghan will win this game at a canter

snoopdog

Monaghan are miles ahead of Down. They should win pulling up. I travel to Armagh in the hope that we can put in a performance against a genuine all ireland contender.

Main Street

I'd expect Down to be much improved, this is a semi final and Down will be out to compete to win. I'd be content with a win of any shape, anything more positive than a draw.

seafoid

Monaghan are a bit like Ireland at the rugby world cup.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Boycey

Quote from: seafoid on June 20, 2017, 09:11:20 PM
Monaghan are a bit like Ireland at the rugby world cup.

Ireland are a team punching way above their weight? I don't think so..