Armagh v Fermanagh - Sunday 25th June at 6:30pm

Started by Orior, June 09, 2017, 09:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: FermGael on June 15, 2017, 12:02:13 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 15, 2017, 11:20:27 AM
You are all confident that it wouldn't work and if it did it would only work once...Cross have proved it can work, if you have the players to carry it out it almost certainly can work. As said previously majority of managers haven't the balls to carry it out for the fear of getting beat and the keyboard warriors tearing them apart for trying it.

The defence need to be capable of taking care of their own men, remember the attackers play a massive role in this as they too play technically as defenders stopping their men breaking out with the ball. Diarmaid Marsden was probably the best tackler you would find and was a top forward, and if you've seven men up in forward line there will almost definitely be no short kick outs.

As a Fermanagh man I think Armagh should play this way.

Cross have always played a sweeper, if not two.
They were the first team to do this IMO.

Never played a sweeper as a tactic. Play a 3 man midfield which is different. Always played with at least 5 men in the opposite half.

Markets The problem that Armagh had against Cavan that day was not the battle between Dunne and Paul McK but rather the failure of the rest of the defenders to do their roles and stop the runners/passers further out the field. Dunne got the scores that day but Mackey was the game winner with his work between the defence and forwards

FermGael

Okay you played a 3 man midfield with one of those midfielders in a purely defensive role as an extra center half back.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

Honestly lads as other Fermanagh men have said on here I can't see anything other than an Armagh win.
We have turned over a lot of players even since last years league meeting and it looks like we have a few key men missing due to injury. 
The Athletic grounds has never been a happy hunting ground for Fermanagh Gaa.
Our defence has been very poor all year and being honest Monaghan beat us pulling up the last day after a very poor first half performance from them when they still went in 2 points up. 
We probably have a better midfield than Armagh but I just think with the forward line Armagh have you will just have to much scoring power for us.
Would love to be proved wrong but just can't see it.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Quote from: FermGael on June 15, 2017, 11:40:15 PM
Honestly lads as other Fermanagh men have said on here I can't see anything other than an Armagh win.
We have turned over a lot of players even since last years league meeting and it looks like we have a few key men missing due to injury. 
Our defence has been very poor all year and being honest Monaghan beat us pulling up the last day after a very poor first half performance from them when they still went in 2 points up. 
We probably have a better midfield than Armagh but I just think with the forward line Armagh have you will just have to much scoring power for us.

Where is everyone getting this from? they're that good they didn't get us out of Div 3. On their day they're decent but not consistent enough...that said they're due a good game anytime soon.
No matter what you think or any other Fermanagh supporters think it's a 50/50 game, Armagh are playing poor and have a very poor home record. I know Fermanagh were also poor against Monaghan so two evenly matched teams with a 50/50 chance in my opinion.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Taylor

Quote from: illdecide on June 16, 2017, 10:14:09 AM

Where is everyone getting this from? they're that good they didn't get us out of Div 3. On their day they're decent but not consistent enough...that said they're due a good game anytime soon.
No matter what you think or any other Fermanagh supporters think it's a 50/50 game, Armagh are playing poor and have a very poor home record. I know Fermanagh were also poor against Monaghan so two evenly matched teams with a 50/50 chance in my opinion.

From what limited games I have seen that Murnin lad seems the pick of the 3.
Clarke loves the spotlight and is in the media more for his travel than his football and Campbell seems like many of our forwards, great potential and a bit of a name but hasnt delivered on the big stage.

Big game to decide who is the 8th worst county in Ulster

tonto1888

I thik it would be fairer to say our defence kept us in divison three

illdecide

stew

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 16, 2017, 11:38:43 AM

I thik it would be fairer to say our defence kept us in divison three

Our back six are the slowest back six i have ever seen, they are brutally slow and to me that is why we are a D3 side.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

smelmoth

Quote from: LCohen on June 14, 2017, 09:51:09 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 13, 2017, 02:56:14 PM
http://gaeliclife.com/2017/06/exclusive-armagh-edge-closer-centre-excellence/

Any word on where this thing is going to be?

Serious work will need to be done on establishing the full cost and the funding plan. Volunteers need to know the full details and the impact on the clubs and their own fundraising capabilities before getting involved

Any update on the training ground? I thought there was going to be a big announcement?

Nothing on Armagh Fans Forum which looks to have died a death

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: smelmoth on June 18, 2017, 10:13:13 AM
Quote from: LCohen on June 14, 2017, 09:51:09 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 13, 2017, 02:56:14 PM
http://gaeliclife.com/2017/06/exclusive-armagh-edge-closer-centre-excellence/

Any word on where this thing is going to be?

Serious work will need to be done on establishing the full cost and the funding plan. Volunteers need to know the full details and the impact on the clubs and their own fundraising capabilities before getting involved

Any update on the training ground? I thought there was going to be a big announcement?

Nothing on Armagh Fans Forum which looks to have died a death

It's going to be built but they haven't decided where yet...but the clubs will sell the fundraising tickets anyway with the prospect of one being built!!

illdecide

Jasus it's wild quiet on this thread for the match...Anyone in the know how Armagh are going injury wise or suspensions? Dunno hoe bookies can have Armagh at 2/5...WTF have they been watching recently

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2017, 12:43:08 PM
Jasus it's wild quiet on this thread for the match...Anyone in the know how Armagh are going injury wise or suspensions? Dunno hoe bookies can have Armagh at 2/5...WTF have they been watching recently

Fermanagh plus the handicap is surely the bet then  :P

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

yellowcard

I don't get a sense that there is much enthusiasm in either county for this match. The winner will get a renewed sense of belief though. For Geezer, you would have to feel that it is a must win match that were he to lose, then his position would be untenable. Win the match however and they can take a bit of renewed belief into getting a good run at the qualifiers. The winners are in the easy side of the qualifiers draw so there is an opportuinity to get 3/4 matches through the back door which might be enough to rescue the season. 

illdecide