Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

did ye eamail all the clubs in derry looking for a shoulder to cry on ;)

Derry Daisy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 20, 2008, 03:36:54 PM

I've asked this question and have been told that its lies, but just out of curiosity if it had been true max and you were asked to respond on behalf of Bellaghy, would you have supported us, and I'm only talking about the 6 month ban on all the senior players in the club.

billy the kid

It was an U16 championship final and the player involved from our club was suspended for a year by the county board and our club banned him for life.  His father was the supporter involved and he was also banned for life by our club. The players older brother was also involved although he was just slabbering and being a tit and also received a lifetime ban from our club.

Their was a mentor involved who shoved the ref and made a go for him (but failed) after the ref clocked him one by mistake in retaliation for the slap the players father had given him. Cant remember what the county board gave him but again our club banned him for life.

The team (who had won the game by 15 points) were kicked out of the championship and the Club got a hefty fine.

PS the father and son duo involved were both from Bellaghy, and the older brother also managed to cost screen the minor championship a couple of years ago when he started a row at half time of the final.  Lavey refused to take the field for the second half to get the match abandoned with screen winning by 14 points.

Our club is much better of without them and everyone in the club supported the hardline taken with this unacceptabl behaviour.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Derry Daisy on October 20, 2008, 03:42:25 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 20, 2008, 03:36:54 PM

I've asked this question and have been told that its lies, but just out of curiosity if it had been true max and you were asked to respond on behalf of Bellaghy, would you have supported us, and I'm only talking about the 6 month ban on all the senior players in the club.

Daisy I would have supported ye

and especially if you had of asked me Daisy :-* :-*

Derry Daisy

Cheers max, something tells me tbrick18 would find it a little harder to do!!!

tbrick18

Quote from: Derry Daisy on October 20, 2008, 03:50:40 PM
Cheers max, something tells me tbrick18 would find it a little harder to do!!!

It's got nothing to do with finding it hard to do, I just beleive that when it comes to this kind of behaviour the hard line is the only way to treat it. As Billy has outlined previously, it seems the hard line approach is working for our club, so why not for county too?
As for the story about contacting clubs for support is lies...I dont know one way or another. All I will say is that people from 2 separate clubs told me the same story about all clubs barring 2 (you wouldnt have had the opportunity to support them Max) being contacted by email for support with the matter.  It may well be that the 2 seperate people who told me the story were telling fibs....or it may be that someone is telling you fibs....either way doesnt really matter when it comes to the facts of what actually happened on the day.

Derry Daisy

tbrick18 if I approached you on behalf of slaughtneil and asked you to support our club in trying to get the 40 players 6 month suspension dropped would you support us?

Spirit of 94

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 20, 2008, 03:29:27 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 20, 2008, 02:50:54 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 20, 2008, 02:03:35 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 16, 2008, 08:53:53 AM
Quote from: billy the kid on October 15, 2008, 05:00:31 PM
Now now I dont think you Slaughtneil boys would want to get into a discussion about ears.  ;) ;)

Never had a run in with them but have seen them in action and seen the trouble they cause on the pitch and of it at times that often results in other decent lads from your club (which there are many) getting involved to back up their clubmate, like most of us would on the pitch anyway, and then getting tarred with the same brush.  The reputation your club has for being troublesome has been mostly earned by the actions of a few on and of the pitch.

They were well out of line and deserve the year ban, just like the other individual bans are also deserved ESPECIALLY Paul Devlins.

Can you honestly say that you think the twins, or any of the other individuals behaviour was justified under any circumstances? Do you honestly think the individual suspensions are to much?

(PS I have no idea what your secretary or Chairman are supposed to have done so I have no idea if those suspensions are deserved or not.)

For CLUBMATE substitute FATHER, and yes, any DECENT son would go to help.  From my earlier posts you'll see that I have stated that individual bans were merited.  These actions cannot be condoned but they are understandable.

With regard to troublesome clubs, how did youse fare out a couple of years ago after the fight at half -time with Glen in Magherafelt?????? 

Let him without sin.....

If you are referring to the Larkin Cup final.....11 OR 12 YEARS AGO....then I can tell you both clubs were not permitted to play any home games for the entire season. There were also player suspensions and club fines which I cant remember the details off. Considering no players left the field and no officials were assaulted or photographers harrassed and this was the LARKIN CUP with about 25 spectators, you could argue that the punishment was too great. But, we were big enough to take the sanctions handed down and didnt go crying around the country about how hard done by we were.
You're going to have to dig a bit deeper into the past to see if you can find someone getting off lighter than you boys so that you can claim to be hard done by.
The old saying applies here, "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime".
Dry your eyes.

No,  I wasn't referring to the Larkin Cup Final 11 or 12 years ago. Since when was it played in Magherfelt? 

Jaysus, were youse fighting back then as well.  Looks like youse have a bit of a track record. Rows in the Larkin Cup and with Glen at Magherafelt and then there's the assault of the referee at (after) the hurling matches.  Youse can certainly do the crime alright!!

Well the game in Magherafelt is the only one I know anything about. Dont know anything about any recent Larkin Cup indescretions as I am no longer involved with any of the teams.
And as for the hurling match...that was a minor(or maybe even U-16) match. I'm not privvy to the specifics of it but I know some of the players got a lifetime ban and there was a mentor who also got a lengthy ban but I dont know how long for. I think the club had a fine too. Now if you want to start bringing up things that have happened in underage hurling and football matches  or matches in years gone by your club might well get painted in an even worse light.
To compare any of these incidents you have mentioned with what went on in a senior county football final where players attacked spectators, photographers and the chairman of the county board is a bit rich.
On top of that, we took the punishments given to us and there was no...poor us, everyone hates us, or we didnt deserve that mentality. Those involved were punished for wrong doing, rightly so. The club was fined for the acts of those individuals, also rightly so as they represented the club.
As you have rightly pointed out....we have done the crime....but we've also taken our punishment like men and didn't cry like a bunch of auld women who were told they're not allowed to go the bingo any more.

So.......let him without sin.

Bt the way you've yet to address the issue of the fight at the match I've referred to. Could it be that there were no sactions in this instance? God forbid!!  And if not, why not?

So you took your punishments then, no appeals?

tbrick18

Quote from: Derry Daisy on October 20, 2008, 04:07:25 PM
tbrick18 if I approached you on behalf of slaughtneil and asked you to support our club in trying to get the 40 players 6 month suspension dropped would you support us?

To start, I am no longer part of our club, I've lived away from the heartland for about 12 years now so my answer is hypothetical.
It's been well documented on here what I think of the bans and suspensions. I think the punishments must be stern enough (at club and county level) to ensure there will never be a repetition of what happened that day, so my answer is no I personally would not support you on that matter. But if you were to approach the club themselves they may well have a different view.

tbrick18

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 20, 2008, 04:24:05 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 20, 2008, 03:29:27 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 20, 2008, 02:50:54 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 20, 2008, 02:03:35 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 16, 2008, 08:53:53 AM
Quote from: billy the kid on October 15, 2008, 05:00:31 PM
Now now I dont think you Slaughtneil boys would want to get into a discussion about ears.  ;) ;)

Never had a run in with them but have seen them in action and seen the trouble they cause on the pitch and of it at times that often results in other decent lads from your club (which there are many) getting involved to back up their clubmate, like most of us would on the pitch anyway, and then getting tarred with the same brush.  The reputation your club has for being troublesome has been mostly earned by the actions of a few on and of the pitch.

They were well out of line and deserve the year ban, just like the other individual bans are also deserved ESPECIALLY Paul Devlins.

Can you honestly say that you think the twins, or any of the other individuals behaviour was justified under any circumstances? Do you honestly think the individual suspensions are to much?

(PS I have no idea what your secretary or Chairman are supposed to have done so I have no idea if those suspensions are deserved or not.)

For CLUBMATE substitute FATHER, and yes, any DECENT son would go to help.  From my earlier posts you'll see that I have stated that individual bans were merited.  These actions cannot be condoned but they are understandable.

With regard to troublesome clubs, how did youse fare out a couple of years ago after the fight at half -time with Glen in Magherafelt?????? 

Let him without sin.....

If you are referring to the Larkin Cup final.....11 OR 12 YEARS AGO....then I can tell you both clubs were not permitted to play any home games for the entire season. There were also player suspensions and club fines which I cant remember the details off. Considering no players left the field and no officials were assaulted or photographers harrassed and this was the LARKIN CUP with about 25 spectators, you could argue that the punishment was too great. But, we were big enough to take the sanctions handed down and didnt go crying around the country about how hard done by we were.
You're going to have to dig a bit deeper into the past to see if you can find someone getting off lighter than you boys so that you can claim to be hard done by.
The old saying applies here, "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime".
Dry your eyes.

No,  I wasn't referring to the Larkin Cup Final 11 or 12 years ago. Since when was it played in Magherfelt? 

Jaysus, were youse fighting back then as well.  Looks like youse have a bit of a track record. Rows in the Larkin Cup and with Glen at Magherafelt and then there's the assault of the referee at (after) the hurling matches.  Youse can certainly do the crime alright!!

Well the game in Magherafelt is the only one I know anything about. Dont know anything about any recent Larkin Cup indescretions as I am no longer involved with any of the teams.
And as for the hurling match...that was a minor(or maybe even U-16) match. I'm not privvy to the specifics of it but I know some of the players got a lifetime ban and there was a mentor who also got a lengthy ban but I dont know how long for. I think the club had a fine too. Now if you want to start bringing up things that have happened in underage hurling and football matches  or matches in years gone by your club might well get painted in an even worse light.
To compare any of these incidents you have mentioned with what went on in a senior county football final where players attacked spectators, photographers and the chairman of the county board is a bit rich.
On top of that, we took the punishments given to us and there was no...poor us, everyone hates us, or we didnt deserve that mentality. Those involved were punished for wrong doing, rightly so. The club was fined for the acts of those individuals, also rightly so as they represented the club.
As you have rightly pointed out....we have done the crime....but we've also taken our punishment like men and didn't cry like a bunch of auld women who were told they're not allowed to go the bingo any more.

So.......let him without sin. What is your point? Name me one club that have never had a player suspended? If the criteria for passing comment on what punishment someone or some club should get is that your club must never have had a player suspended or been fined then we would have no-one left to pass comment.

Bt the way you've yet to address the issue of the fight at the match I've referred to. Could it be that there were no sactions in this instance? God forbid!!  And if not, why not? I honestly dont know....if I did I would say. I dont even know what the incident is. What I will say, is that if any of our players are involved in anything the club would deal with it harshly in the first instance (as in lifetime bans for Under 16s). Has your club given any of those involved in attacking spectators or a county board official a life time ban? And if not why not? Could it be that you have no respect for the rules and think this was acceptable behaviour?
So you took your punishments then, no appeals? Not to the best of my knowledge...it certainly wasnt dragged through the papers and we certainly didnt contact other clubs for support.

Estimator

Spirit, The only matches that I can remember which Screen have played Glen in M'felt, were in the Championship, it must have been 3years ago now.  Screen scored with the last kick of the game to get a replay and in the replay Screen beat Glen by a couple of points.  In the replay 3men were sent off.  Hasson and our Keeper were sent off, in separate incidents, although a Glen player was very lucky he didn't get sent off in the incident with the keeper.  In the second half a Glen player was sent off.  All straight red cards all deserved to go.  But neither in the drawn game or the replay was there a half time fist fight.  Maybe this isn't the same game that you are referring to, but its the only time in recent memory that the two have met in M'felt.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Franko

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 04:44:28 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 17, 2008, 04:28:01 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 04:09:59 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 17, 2008, 03:36:06 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 12:15:52 PM
Wrong again Franko, you're making quite a habit of this ;D ;D

In what sense...?  Or would someone just be avoiding the issue...??? ;)

Nice to see I ruffled a few feathers anyway ;D

Not ruffled in the slightest.  Takes more than a dimwit like you trying to stir things up.

Nice to see you dodged the question again but anyway - I'll take it from the insult that I've got a raise!  ;)

Good luck with the appeals lads... I am totally in agreement that some of the bans were way OTT.

Though I dont think sending a posse to the barracks in maghera will save you this time....! ;D ;D ;D :o :o

What exactly is your question?  All I'm seeing is blah,blah,blah.

What has Maghera barracks go to do with this thread?

Is it an insult if it's true??? ;D ;D ;D

a. The question is the sentence which immediately precedes the question mark.

b. The connection between maghera barracks and this thread is Slaughtneil club

c.  :o :o... is somebody cross!!!

I was just havin a bit of banter earlier... lighten up man... dont get the knickers in a knot! ;)

Spirit of 94

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 20, 2008, 04:36:33 PM
[

So.......let him without sin. What is your point? Name me one club that have never had a player suspended? If the criteria for passing comment on what punishment someone or some club should get is that your club must never have had a player suspended or been fined then we would have no-one left to pass comment.

Bt the way you've yet to address the issue of the fight at the match I've referred to. Could it be that there were no sactions in this instance? God forbid!!  And if not, why not? I honestly dont know....if I did I would say. I dont even know what the incident is. What I will say, is that if any of our players are involved in anything the club would deal with it harshly in the first instance (as in lifetime bans for Under 16s). Has your club given any of those involved in attacking spectators or a county board official a life time ban? And if not why not? Could it be that you have no respect for the rules and think this was acceptable behaviour?
So you took your punishments then, no appeals? Not to the best of my knowledge...it certainly wasnt dragged through the papers and we certainly didnt contact other clubs for support.[/quote]
[/quote]

Conveniently ignorant!!

Great supporter you are. A hint, the match was only a couple of years ago. Ask Estimator, he remembers it, well some of it anyway.

Spirit of 94

Quote from: Franko on October 20, 2008, 09:21:00 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 04:44:28 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 17, 2008, 04:28:01 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 04:09:59 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 17, 2008, 03:36:06 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 12:15:52 PM
Wrong again Franko, you're making quite a habit of this ;D ;D

In what sense...?  Or would someone just be avoiding the issue...??? ;)

Nice to see I ruffled a few feathers anyway ;D

Not ruffled in the slightest.  Takes more than a dimwit like you trying to stir things up.

Nice to see you dodged the question again but anyway - I'll take it from the insult that I've got a raise!  ;)

Good luck with the appeals lads... I am totally in agreement that some of the bans were way OTT.

Though I dont think sending a posse to the barracks in maghera will save you this time....! ;D ;D ;D :o :o

What exactly is your question?  All I'm seeing is blah,blah,blah.

What has Maghera barracks go to do with this thread?

Is it an insult if it's true??? ;D ;D ;D

a. The question is the sentence which immediately precedes the question mark.

b. The connection between maghera barracks and this thread is Slaughtneil club

c.  :o :o... is somebody cross!!!

I was just havin a bit of banter earlier... lighten up man... dont get the knickers in a knot! ;)

Looks like you're dogdin the issue now. Have the guts to start what you finish. Your attempt to lighten matters now doesn't disguise your original intent.

tbrick18

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 21, 2008, 08:07:46 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 20, 2008, 04:36:33 PM
[

So you took your punishments then, no appeals? Not to the best of my knowledge...it certainly wasnt dragged through the papers and we certainly didnt contact other clubs for support.
[/quote]

Conveniently ignorant!!

Great supporter you are. A hint, the match was only a couple of years ago. Ask Estimator, he remembers it, well some of it anyway.
[/quote]

OK I'm conveniently ignorant because I dont know of every incident that has happened with our club. If the "fight" as you call it was such a big deal I would know about it and it seems not too many other posters know what you're on about either.  Estimator has talked about a championship game....is that what you're on about? If so, then your original "facts" were wrong and it shows you are just trying to blacken the name of another club to take attention of the disgraceful behaviour of your own. I have tried to answer all your points best I can, but I'm not going to make something up.
Are you going to answer my question about lifetime bans? Or ar you going to conveniently ignore that? It seems you keep dodging all the difficult questions about your club. Our club have shown that they will not stand for any player or mentor at any level attacking a member of auhority so I'll ask it again in small words so that you understand...

Are Slaughtneil club going to issue lifetime bans to any of the players involved in fighting with spectators and assaulting a county board official?