New Car Advice

Started by Dinny Breen, March 06, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Changing the car. Dealership offering 11.9% APR. Bank offering 11.2%.

Anyone any advice on where else to go or try for finance with better APR? That won't leave a mark on my credit history if I search it up?

Also dealer offering GAP insurance at £399 for 3 years. Not taking it but do want to take out GAP insurance. Again any advice on where to go? Would be looking for 3 years. Thanks

illdecide

Quote from: on the sideline on February 17, 2020, 05:40:11 PM

Anyone any advice on where else to go or try for finance with better APR? That won't leave a mark on my credit history if I search it up?

Also dealer offering GAP insurance at £399 for 3 years. Not taking it but do want to take out GAP insurance. Again any advice on where to go? Would be looking for 3 years. Thanks

That's quite high, surely you can get a better deal than that. Try a different dealer and tell them the last one was offering a crap APR so they'll know you won't accept anything they throw at you...

I just put my car up for sale this afternoon...so am looking at cars atm
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tyrone08

Quote from: illdecide on February 17, 2020, 05:47:23 PM

That's quite high, surely you can get a better deal than that. Try a different dealer and tell them the last one was offering a crap APR so they'll know you won't accept anything they throw at you...

Was in a similar position a few years ago. Around 11% APR. took out a loan with a supermarket bank at 3.2% job sorted.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yup came onto say similar to above, tescos, sainsburys, if accepted, be far superior to yer 11%

on the sideline

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 17, 2020, 07:19:32 PM

Was in a similar position a few years ago. Around 11% APR. took out a loan with a supermarket bank at 3.2% job sorted.

Did you just find those on a price comparison site like Compare the Market? Does searching on those sites count as 'soft search' on your credit history or does it leave a mark on it? Thanks

tyrone08

Quote from: on the sideline on February 17, 2020, 08:15:30 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 17, 2020, 07:19:32 PM

Did you just find those on a price comparison site like Compare the Market? Does searching on those sites count as 'soft search' on your credit history or does it leave a mark on it? Thanks

It was just advertised in store. Not sure about the soft search.

Targetman

Thinking of buying an SUV with a budget of 15k - 10k, would appreciate any advice on what and what not to buy, something comfortable, reliable and easy on the eye

Kidder81

Quote from: Targetman on June 11, 2020, 07:15:57 PM
Thinking of buying an SUV with a budget of 15k - 10k, would appreciate any advice on what and what not to buy, something comfortable, reliable and easy on the eye

Seat Ateca supposed to be very good

Tyrdub

check out Whatcar.com  the revies on it are good plus you can compare different makes and models

Armagh Girl

VW Tiguan - hard to fault in any way, have had 3, 2.0 TDI Golf's before changing to 2.0 TDI Tiguan - excellent car, have it almost 2 yrs now and no bother. It is just as nippy  and economical as the Golf with comfortable seating and plenty of room. 

illdecide

Seat Ateca are pretty much a VW anyway and prob a bit cheaper. two good quality SUV's mentioned there that wouldn't too far away from what you're looking
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenexile

Not a big car person but bought a Toyota Rav 4 in 2016 and I love it great car has never given me a bit of trouble and I'd be doing 15k miles a year!

Sportacus

Would anyone be thinking electric - pros and cons? 

Harold Disgracey

I have a Nissan X-Trail, only a 1.6 but fairly economical on the diesel. Nice to look at and very comfortable to drive.

Denn Forever

there wlll be a program on quest next week where they fit electric motors into old cars, Fiat 500, porsche 363.  Electric motors have great pulling power but they will be a hard sell until there is good network of charging points.

other choice is a hybrid.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...