NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

He was excellent Mayoforsam. Won every ball that went in on him I'd say. Thoughts Clarke's kicksouts were poor. What did you think?

Regan done well I thought. Hope his injury isn't to serious, Hand I think. You would swear Macloughlin was never away. Fitted right back in when he came on.

larryin89

Probably survive now , very helpful to get three wins in the first three games. I dread to think of the hammering the dubs will dish out to us though.  They could cut through us for a half dozen goals , caff the hero tonight but gawd help him the next day . Oh sufferin jeez I don't think I'll even go to it.

Mayo have been alright but two bad sides in Tyrone and Cavan and Ros had us only for a ridiculous goal which was over carried by twice the steps allowed.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 09, 2019, 08:38:38 PM
Just goes to show that Dublin can beat anybody outside of Croke Park. Croke Park gives them no advantage.
Comment on Dublin and no comment on Mayo. Typical, even the proper Mayo lads calling you out as a complete arsehole

TheMaster

Quote from: Rossfan on February 09, 2019, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: TheMaster on February 09, 2019, 08:42:23 PM
The drinks are on. The Ging bar in Carrick tonight for a drink if anyone about. :) :) :) :) :)
Good man - helping the Riscommon economy.
Exciting stuff from Tralee, nearly as good as the Hyde last Sunday.

Sure we gave ye the Smiths. Good Leitrim Gaels men before they went to the dark side.

Hound

Kerry impressive today. Feckers didnt know how to kick the ball wide!
Thought we had them when we got back level at the end. A great 5 minutes for us, but it was a really superbly worked point from Kerry to get the winner. Fento a bit hasty with that last gasp chance, but wouldn't be saying that if it had gone over.

Looking like a Mayo v Kerry final, even if we beat Mayo the next day. Hopefully turn it around, would not like to give up the league title. Although if Mayo beat us, we'll be, bizarrely, in a relegation battle! Although I'm sure we'll come  through it.

Itchy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 09, 2019, 07:47:30 PM
Should that goal had stood? https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1094319531214950401

Of course it should not have stood but what can you do when a ref looks at that and thinks it's ok. You can't make contact with keeper in small box and galligan got barged into the net.

Rossfan

Quote from: TheMaster on February 09, 2019, 10:32:21 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 09, 2019, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: TheMaster on February 09, 2019, 08:42:23 PM
The drinks are on. The Ging bar in Carrick tonight for a drink if anyone about. :) :) :) :) :)
Good man - helping the Riscommon economy.
Exciting stuff from Tralee, nearly as good as the Hyde last Sunday.

Sure we gave ye the Smiths. Good Leitrim Gaels men before they went to the dark side.
They were in their arse.
Parents from Boyle, grandparents Corrigeenroe and Tuam.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheMaster

Mike Smith will tell u different . Orinalk6 Leitrim village but not far from football. Should be with Michaels instead of the Townseys. Thankfully young Beirne won't going near ye despite the offer.

RedHand88

Is it too soon for Dublin to be considered "in a relegation battle"?  ;)

Armagh18

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 09, 2019, 08:26:16 PM
Amount of steps lads are allowed take is ridiculous
Also, most players fouling the ball when they go to pick it up
Foot must play the ball first but most lads stick their hands onto the ball at same time as the foot arrives

The steps rule needs update, realistically no one takes only four steps and an extra couple doesn't do any harm as players are moving that quick they've taken the ateps in no time. Should increase the number slightly but then enforce it properly to stop the lads taking the piss.

Rossfan

Quote from: TheMaster on February 09, 2019, 11:45:08 PM
Mike Smith will tell u different . Orinalk6 Leitrim village but not far from football. Should be with Michaels instead of the Townseys. Thankfully young Beirne won't going near ye despite the offer.
Would you not be concentrating on Div 4 instead of drinking on the Ros side of the river and interfering in Division 1. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

David McKeown

Quote from: Itchy on February 09, 2019, 10:41:06 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 09, 2019, 07:47:30 PM
Should that goal had stood? https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1094319531214950401

Of course it should not have stood but what can you do when a ref looks at that and thinks it's ok. You can't make contact with keeper in small box and galligan got barged into the net.

I didn't see anything wrong with it. The protection for keepers in the rule book is simply that they can't be charged. I know most refs give considerably more protection than that but they are wrong. That goal wasn't a charge but was two players competiting for the ball. Anywhere else on the pitch it's not a foul so it wasn't a foul on the keeper.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

TheMaster

Quote from: Rossfan on February 09, 2019, 11:56:16 PM
Would you not be concentrating on Div 4 instead of drinking on the Ros side of the river and interfering in Division 1. >:(

Yerra when the rossies are throwing the insults they must be rattled .Sure we be meeting ye on the way down when the money  is gone paying all the imports. Sure the 3 dalys should be be playing with Mohil until family jumped ship. Their uncle George Dugdale was great footballer with Leitrim. Beat ye in 94. You might remind last time ye Galway and Mayo in same year.???o1 doesn't count with the skullduggery wit Ray Connelly

joemamas

Quote from: TheMaster on February 10, 2019, 12:18:36 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 09, 2019, 11:56:16 PM

Yerra when the rossies are throwing the insults they must be rattled .Sure we be meeting ye on the way down when the money  is gone paying all the important. Sure the 3 days should be be playing with Mohil until family jumped ship. Their uncle George Dugdale was great footballer with Leitrim. Beat ye in 94. You might remind last time ye Galway and Mayo in same year.???o1 doesn't count with the skullduggery wit Ray Connelly

Just go back to  hoganstand with your infantile commentary.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 09, 2019, 08:38:38 PM
Just goes to show that Dublin can beat anybody outside of Croke Park. Croke Park gives them no advantage.

Pathetic troll. I guess the charitable reaction to your bile-filled postings has to be sympathy.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8