NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2019, 08:02:38 AM
Connolly back for Dublin. Sherlock gone. Are these reports true?
Sherlock gone does seem to be true.

Mossy Quinn publicising a picture of himself with Connolly attending Croker last weekend was an interesting one. Does seem like it's a toe in the water of Connolly coming back. He's not back training with the group yet, but I'd say the chances have gone from bleak to 50/50.

Although I believe himself and Gavin just don't get on, so still have to put that hurdle behind them and Connolly may have to accept role as super sub (or unused sub at times). So I wouldnt put the house on it just yet.

tonto1888

Quote from: Hound on February 08, 2019, 08:32:35 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2019, 08:02:38 AM
Connolly back for Dublin. Sherlock gone. Are these reports true?
Sherlock gone does seem to be true.

Mossy Quinn publicising a picture of himself with Connolly attending Croker last weekend was an interesting one. Does seem like it's a toe in the water of Connolly coming back. He's not back training with the group yet, but I'd say the chances have gone from bleak to 50/50.

Although I believe himself and Gavin just don't get on, so still have to put that hurdle behind them and Connolly may have to accept role as super sub (or unused sub at times). So I wouldnt put the house on it just yet.

From the outside looking in Sherlock going seems like a shock. Would that be the case

An Fhairche Abu

Cillian McDaid and Declan Kyne are out for the remainder for national league according to @TribesmenGAA twitter.
This injury situation is only going from bad to worse for Galway and the likes of Peter Cooke are getting flogged with the number of matches every week - some fringe players really need to make a big step up in the remaining league rounds.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 08, 2019, 09:58:33 AM
Cillian McDaid and Declan Kyne are out for the remainder for national league according to @TribesmenGAA twitter.
This injury situation is only going from bad to worse for Galway and the likes of Peter Cooke are getting flogged with the number of matches every week - some fringe players really need to make a big step up in the remaining league rounds.

Just saw that. Down to the bare bones at this stage.

Pity about McDaid. He probably needs to play as much football as he can having been away for a year. 0-2 in the first half against Dublin before his injury showed what he's capable of. Just needs more game time. He won't get that now but at least he'll be fit in time for the championship.

Itchy

Any one leaving a 4 in a row set up is a shock unless it's something from private life.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 08, 2019, 10:21:11 AM

Yeah, options getting thin on the ground at this stage.  McDaid is a big loss in so far as he needs loads of football after his year in Australia.  He started well against the Dubs last weekend but obviously picked up a bad knock before HT.  Looks like the Sigerson lads will be in action so again this weekend.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 08, 2019, 12:39:21 PM

Yeah, options getting thin on the ground at this stage.  McDaid is a big loss in so far as he needs loads of football after his year in Australia.  He started well against the Dubs last weekend but obviously picked up a bad knock before HT.  Looks like the Sigerson lads will be in action so again this weekend.

Sean Andy out for a few weeks now as well.

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on February 07, 2019, 11:53:57 PM
I'm getting worried about Sunday as the Tymoanies are all gone very quiet ???

7/4 for Roscommon at home seems like a decent price in the context of the results last weekend

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 08, 2019, 12:44:30 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 08, 2019, 12:39:21 PM

Sean Andy out for a few weeks now as well.

We'll be lucky to field a team on Sunday at all on Sunday with all these injuries, it's crazy. To look on the bright side, Johnny Duane might be named in the defence this weekend instead of centre forward 🙄

GalwayBayBoy

Galway starting XV to face Monaghan
(2019 NFL Div.1, Rd.3)

1. Ruairi Lavelle (Salthill/Knocknacarra)
2. Eoghan Kerin (Annaghdowngaa)
3. Johnny Duane (St. James')
4. David Wynne (Mhaigh Cuilinn)
5. Gary O'Donnell (Tuam Stars)
6. Gareth Bradshaw (Mhaigh Cuilinn)
7. Johnny Heaney (Killannin)
8. Thomas Flynn (Stmarysgaa Athenry)
9. Ciarán Duggan (Annaghdown)
10. Shane Walsh (Kilkerrin/Clonberne)
11. Peter Cooke (Mhaigh Cuilinn)
12. Sean Kelly (Mhaigh Cuilinn)
13. Padraig Cunningham (Headford)
14. Cein D'Arcy (Caherlistrane)
15. Antoine Ó Laoi (C.L.G. An Spidéal)

Some of the NUIG lads starting. Probably has no other choice really but Cooke was goosed by half time last weekend. Another midfielder up full forward.

I'd love to see who's left to sit on the bench.

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 08, 2019, 10:00:37 PM
(2019 NFL Div.1, Rd.3)

Some of the NUIG lads starting. Probably has no other choice really but Cooke was goosed by half time last weekend. Another midfielder up full forward.

I'd love to see who's on the bench.

For all those missing that is still team with i think 12 players that has started championship games.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Duine Eile

(2019 NFL Div.1, Rd.3)

Cooke has some mileage put in the last few weeks, the schedule is crazy. Corofin's club run is really affecting us this year, more than I can ever remember. Good luck to the lads playing, not feeling too optimistic but hopefully they'll do themselves justice. Good to see Lavelle back in goal, Our full forward line is vey green, not a championship game between them. I'm guessing we're either going to go for a few marks with Darcy in there or else he'll be in the backs trying to prevent Monaghan catching too many.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Duine Eile on February 08, 2019, 10:14:54 PM
(2019 NFL Div.1, Rd.3)

Cooke has some mileage put in the last few weeks, the schedule is crazy. Corofin's club run is really affecting us this year, more than I can ever remember. Good luck to the lads playing, not feeling too optimistic but hopefully they'll do themselves justice. Good to see Lavelle back in goal, Our full forward line is vey green, not a championship game between them. I'm guessing we're either going to go for a few marks with Darcy in there or else he'll be in the backs trying to prevent Monaghan catching too many.

Would this team of "unavailables" beat the availables? Think they would beat them handily to be honest.

Power
Kyne
Sean Andy
Silke
Molloy
J Daly
Wall
Conroy
O'Curraoin
Brannigan
M Daly
McDaid
Varley
Comer
Burke

Duine Eile

Imagine Sunday's half back line on that half forward line, they'd win it on their own!