Sam Maguire 2024 Group 2 - Dublin, Mayo, Roscommon, Cavan

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 13, 2024, 01:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on May 14, 2024, 09:56:58 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on May 14, 2024, 09:10:10 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 14, 2024, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on May 14, 2024, 07:19:11 PM
Quote from: GoldCoastRossie on May 14, 2024, 05:26:02 PMI'm happy to put on a small bet the game will not throw at 5pm !

If the GAA want casual fans to go then it's a stupid time. I'll be there as always for a Roscommon game but I'll be watching something else before hand having a pint. Will 15k even attend the game ?

There was 30K at the game last year and it included the Dublin v Galway Leinster hurling game. There was a decent smattering of maroon around Croke Park that day.

Attendance won't be great. A round of Dublin club games Division 1-4 fixed for 6-30 that evening.
Poor form by Dublin CB.

They had a round of junior games on 3 mornings of Leinster championship games. With looking to have leagues wrapped before club championship no leeway to move games.

Sunday?
League games with us are all on friday evenings now, any reason why that couldn't happen?

Gael85

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 14, 2024, 10:01:37 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 14, 2024, 09:56:58 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on May 14, 2024, 09:10:10 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 14, 2024, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on May 14, 2024, 07:19:11 PM
Quote from: GoldCoastRossie on May 14, 2024, 05:26:02 PMI'm happy to put on a small bet the game will not throw at 5pm !

If the GAA want casual fans to go then it's a stupid time. I'll be there as always for a Roscommon game but I'll be watching something else before hand having a pint. Will 15k even attend the game ?

There was 30K at the game last year and it included the Dublin v Galway Leinster hurling game. There was a decent smattering of maroon around Croke Park that day.

Attendance won't be great. A round of Dublin club games Division 1-4 fixed for 6-30 that evening.
Poor form by Dublin CB.

They had a round of junior games on 3 mornings of Leinster championship games. With looking to have leagues wrapped before club championship no leeway to move games.

Sunday?
League games with us are all on friday evenings now, any reason why that couldn't happen?

Over the summer the lower end junior games are played on Monday night. Junior Divisons 5-8 Sunday mornings. Not sure why don't play on a Friday as pitches shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure players and referees want rather game out of the way than waiting for Sunday.

Dreadnought

very quiet on this thread. How are we seeing mayo and Cavan for Saturday? Could be a banana skin for Mayo. Coming off a loss, and Cavan are decent even without Lynch and would match up well across the field in a lot of places. Could be a tight one

Blowitupref

Mayo team two changes from the Connacht final starting team with Diarmuid O'Connor and Darren McHale coming in for Rory Brickenden and Fergal Boland. Paddy Durcan back from injury named among the subs.

Colm Reape
Jack Coyne, David McBrien, Donnacha McHugh
Stephen Coen, Sam Callinan, Eoghan McLaughlin
Mattie Ruane, Diarmuid O'Connor
Jack Carney, Darren McHale, Jordan Flynn
Aidan O'Shea, Tommy Conroy, Ryan O'Donoghue.

Subs: Rob Hennelly, Fergal Boland, Rory Brickenden, Paddy Durcan, Enda Hession, Conor Loftus, Conor McStay, Cillian O'Connor, Padraig O'Hora, Paul Towey, Bob Tuohy.

Cavan three changes from the extra time loss to Tyrone.  With L Fortune,P Lynch,C Madden out and in J Smith,Cormac O'Reilly, Caoimhín O'Reilly.

Gary O'Rourke
Cian Reilly, Killian Brady, Brian O'Connell
Padraig Faulkner, Niall Carolan, Conor Brady
James Smith, Oisín Kiernan
Ciarán Brady, Gerard Smith, Oisin Kiernan
Oisín Brady, Cormac O'Reilly, Caoimhín O'Reilly.

Subs: Liam Brady, Mark Magee, Luke Fortune, Paddy Meade, Killian Clarke, Ryan Brady, Conor Rehill, Jason McLoughlin, Tiarnan Madden, Cian Madden, Darragh Lovet
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

statto

Quote from: Blowitupref on Today at 02:14:12 PMMayo team two changes from the Connacht final starting team with Diarmuid O'Connor and Darren McHale coming in for Rory Brickenden and Fergal Boland. Paddy Durcan back from injury named among the subs.

Colm Reape
Jack Coyne, David McBrien, Donnacha McHugh
Stephen Coen, Sam Callinan, Eoghan McLaughlin
Mattie Ruane, Diarmuid O'Connor
Jack Carney, Darren McHale, Jordan Flynn
Aidan O'Shea, Tommy Conroy, Ryan O'Donoghue.

Subs: Rob Hennelly, Fergal Boland, Rory Brickenden, Paddy Durcan, Enda Hession, Conor Loftus, Conor McStay, Cillian O'Connor, Padraig O'Hora, Paul Towey, Bob Tuohy.

Cavan three changes from the extra time loss to Tyrone.  With L Fortune,P Lynch,C Madden out and in J Smith,Cormac O'Reilly, Caoimhín O'Reilly.

Gary O'Rourke
Cian Reilly, Killian Brady, Brian O'Connell
Padraig Faulkner, Niall Carolan, Conor Brady
James Smith, Oisín Kiernan
Ciarán Brady, Gerard Smith, Oisin Kiernan
Oisín Brady, Cormac O'Reilly, Caoimhín O'Reilly.

Subs: Liam Brady, Mark Magee, Luke Fortune, Paddy Meade, Killian Clarke, Ryan Brady, Conor Rehill, Jason McLoughlin, Tiarnan Madden, Cian Madden, Darragh Lovet

Surprised Boland dropped he was one of the real positives for Mayo year to date. 

square_ball

One for you Mayo ones - whats the deal with Stephen Coen? From watching Mayo over the years I can't see what he brings to the Mayo team and for an average player imo, he seems to play every single game.

statto

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 03:41:55 PMOne for you Mayo ones - whats the deal with Stephen Coen? From watching Mayo over the years I can't see what he brings to the Mayo team and for an average player imo, he seems to play every single game.
I would agree he seemed to be a bit of a household player at Colleges level and gets regular starts in variety of positions not really sure what his strengths are/ role is within the Mayo setup.