Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 20, 2008, 09:42:38 PM
Pearse Ogs beat dromintee tonight by 4 points

Didn't get but heard we were good in the first and awful in the second. Big Clarke in good form I hear?

billy the kid

Quote from: illdecide on August 21, 2008, 09:21:05 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2008, 09:06:00 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on August 20, 2008, 09:03:30 PM
You should really try and stay out of these things pints especially when the argument is born out of a mistake.
I should stay out of it?  Is it any of your business or do you just like holding illdecide's hand? - maybe that's the unexpected sexual pleasure he was talking about on another thread  :D

Pints it was nothing to do with you, i explained to that other tube why the game was moved (and i was only repeating what one of the og's guys had said) then he starts saying typical clans slabber WTF...Then you butt you're greasy fat head into it like it had anything to do with you >:(. Why don't you go to other threads and talk the same shite about you're make up and whatever else you're into saan ;)

:D :D :DFucking quality :D :D :D
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: corn02 on August 21, 2008, 01:05:45 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 20, 2008, 09:42:38 PM
Pearse Ogs beat dromintee tonight by 4 points

Didn't get but heard we were good in the first and awful in the second. Big Clarke in good form I hear?

It wasn't the best match.  we had an awful wides in the first half but found a bit more form in the second half.  Dromintee struggled to get any breaking ball with the absence of Marty O'Rourke. 

Hank Everlast

[/quote]

It was a poor match on the whole.... first half was terrible for the ogs in terms of wides (with clarke hittn most of them) but the ogs clicked better in the second half wen their danger men stayed closer to goal. 

bennydorano

Went out to watch it myself, you'd have been hard pressed to pick a county man from either side (R Clarke & AOR just about doing enough).  Gareth O'Neill never touched leather as far as I could see in FF or in aorund MF/HF, Dromintee are going to need a helluva lot more from him if they are going to test Cross.  The Ogs defence looks like they've been bulking up a bit and could give Cross a run in the physical stakes, still some light looking forwards though.  A game with nothing a stake so both teams hardly were going full pelt.

Armagh Exile

I heard this afternoon that the Admission charges to the 1st round SFC games is £7.
Anyone confirm this as it seems a tad on the high side for single games?

billy the kid

On a totally different topic who do you boys think will lift the minor championship this year?

I have seen a few of the teams and some have impressed while others are pretty poor. the following are the ones I have seen.

Killeavy - Looked pretty good with a couple of good forwards and looked pretty sharp.

Granemore - Very strong physically with some great players and definately capable of going one better than last year

Crossmaglen - Very big team and have a well balanced team with a class corner forward (Broad fella with blonde hair) who could easily turn any game. Good mid field

Ballymacnab - Decent outfit but carrying a couple of men. Only one forward (county Minor McParland) and they rely on him for 90% of scores keeper dodgy

Tullsaran - Nowhere near the standard

Tir na Og - not a bad team but defence can allow alot of space on the counter and probably lacking a bit of firepower to trouble better teams like Cross or Granemore.

From what Ive seen I would say the best ive seen are Cross and Granemore with Killeavey in 3rd hard to see any of the rest doing it.

Are there any other challengers that I havent seen folks? Heard Dromintee are supposed to have a good outfit this year.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: illdecide on August 21, 2008, 09:21:05 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2008, 09:06:00 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on August 20, 2008, 09:03:30 PM
You should really try and stay out of these things pints especially when the argument is born out of a mistake.
I should stay out of it?  Is it any of your business or do you just like holding illdecide's hand? - maybe that's the unexpected sexual pleasure he was talking about on another thread  :D

Pints it was nothing to do with you, i explained to that other tube why the game was moved (and i was only repeating what one of the og's guys had said) then he starts saying typical clans slabber WTF...Then you butt you're greasy fat head into it like it had anything to do with you >:(. Why don't you go to other threads and talk the same shite about you're make up and whatever else you're into saan ;)
Slabber slabber  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

Harps minors are good, probably 2 or 3 positions short of being real top quality, they've had few ding-dongs with Granemore this year that were very tight - with a bit of luck you never know.  Think 12 of the starting 15 are eligible again next year so next year could be more realistic.  Haven't seen any S Armagh teams but I'd fancy Granemore.

Hank Everlast

Quote from: billy the kid on August 21, 2008, 04:52:52 PM
On a totally different topic who do you boys think will lift the minor championship this year?

Tullysaran - Nowhere near the standard

I dont think they are competeing the year due to an admin error... boxes not ticked and all that!

illdecide

Minor football is very unpredictive, you just don't know what team will perform. It's nice to see some of the smaller clubs doing well at minor with the likes of Tullysaran, it's a pity they won't get to play in the championship
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Cullyhanna are bound to be very strong? Tac?

Uladh

orangeman

Thursday, August 21.

Steven McDonnell says he will only commit to another season with Armagh if manager Peter McDonnell changes the brand of football the Ulster champions play.

The Killeavy man is intent on adding another All-Ireland medal to the one he won in 2002, but is still unconvinced that the current team can achieve that goal.

The 29-year-old will sit down with McDonnell before making any decision on his future during the close season.

"I'd love to go back because my goal is to win another All-Ireland, but we've got to change our brand of football to get near that target," McDonnell told the Irish Sun.

"It's early days. I'll take my time to decide whether to go back.

"There's part of me that wants to enjoy football with my club while I can, so I'll not make any decision until I talk to Peter McDonnell."

McDonnell enjoyed a vintage season with Armagh, but the Orchard County's All-Ireland campaign was derailed by Wexford at the quarter-final stage.

What do you make of this statement ?

illdecide

Drop him :D But seriously he seems very cocky and laying the blame on everyone else, why can't he just shut up and get on with it. He makes it out like it's a chore playing for Armagh but if he could just get 1 more season. Who says P McDonnell will have him on the panel next year anyway :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch