Ulster Club Hurling League

Started by Lecale2, January 05, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Truth on April 10, 2007, 09:54:40 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 10, 2007, 09:18:41 AM
Quote from: The Truth on April 09, 2007, 08:30:17 PM
Quote from: North Antrim on April 08, 2007, 06:26:08 PM
Dungiven never fielded against Glenarriffe!! Ref was there but Kevin Lynchs didnt have the manners to let anyone know they wudnt be fielding!! Typical Derry arrogance >:(

Aye those tossers never bothered letting anyone know they wouldnt be appearing, they were probably having some sort of IRA remembrance parade up and down the main street in Dungiven.

Havent heard anything yet,but I'd doubt that Kevin Lynch's (not the name of the club - not Dungiven...thats the footballers) wouldnt have contacted someone.
The hurling team generally are not the ones parading through the streets, there are plenty more to do that. :-*

Well normal procedure is to contact the secretary of the club you are playing to let them know, they didnt bother. Fact.
The sec didnt get any call then, dont know what the prob was here
if there was a mix up in KL or even if they tried .
I would expect that the club thought that someone was informing your club sec - so it would be an individuals fault rather than a club consensus initiative....

MadMick007

Are the Derry teams committed to the Ulster Hurling League? I here reports that Lavey are pulling out due to so called fixture conjestion.

Blacksheep

Quote from: MadMick007 on April 11, 2007, 08:48:25 AM
Are the Derry teams committed to the Ulster Hurling League? I here reports that Lavey are pulling out due to so called fixture conjestion.
There's a full round of ACHL matches fixed for Sunday, the day after the Ulster League. Who ever sets the fixtures isn't making it easy for them. I haven't heard about anybody pulling out. They will probably be fined if they pull out now and will miss out on the Ulster Council expenses.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

aontroim abu

Quote from: Blacksheep on April 11, 2007, 09:13:43 AM
Quote from: MadMick007 on April 11, 2007, 08:48:25 AM
There's a full round of ACHL matches fixed for Sunday, the day after the Ulster League. Who ever sets the fixtures isn't making it easy for them. I haven't heard about anybody pulling out. They will probably be fined if they pull out now and will miss out on the Ulster Council expenses.

Who's Not making it easy for who?  Frankie Quinn met all 9 county boards to alleviate any fixture congestion. the boards were given the fixture list for the UHL, they knew the dates yet still went ahead and fixed games to coincide with the UHL.
Seems to me like Derry dont give a fcuk about promoting hurling. And dont start about the pros and cons of the UHL, we ahve already heard enough sbout it, its here to stay so get used to it

Blacksheep

UHL dates were sent out well in advance so whoever sets the fixtures for the Derry ACHL is at fault. The problem for the Derry clubs is that finishing league position determines where you enter the SHC therefore it will be seen as a priority.
BTW you're right about the Derry Co Board not giving a flying one about promoting hurling but they aren't alone in the north.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

William_Ulsterman

The hurling in Londonderry is in an atrocious state. This needs to be addressed to enable Ulster teams to compete effectively with the Irish ones. Have yous no pride?
"The people of Ulster"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: William_Ulsterman on April 11, 2007, 08:03:05 PM
The hurling in Londonderry is in an atrocious state. This needs to be addressed to enable Ulster teams to compete effectively with the Irish ones. Have yous no pride?

You're lost, clueless, and confused. Go home... to Scotland!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

William_Ulsterman

Och noo thats no very friendly  ;D

Its funny you mentioned fair Caledonia, I was only going to suggest a new international competition between Ireland, Scotland and Ulster, with each nation playing their variant of the game. Could be popular.
"The people of Ulster"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: William_Ulsterman on April 11, 2007, 10:06:15 PM
Och noo thats no very friendly  ;D

Its funny you mentioned fair Caledonia, I was only going to suggest a new international competition between Ireland, Scotland and Ulster, with each nation playing their variant of the game. Could be popular.

I'll be as "friendly" as you want to be sir, and I'm more than willing to inform you of the Gaeilge Irishness of Uladh (Ulster), the last true Irish province to be subjugated by your crown, and only by being overwhelmed by those planted on the soil to dispossess the natives. Just give me the invitation, and a whole history lesson awaits your good self.  :)

William_Ulsterman

::)
Aye no doubt! I'm here to talk about promoting ULSTER hurling. Why don't you take your history lesson over to sluggerotoole along with all the other tossers talking shite!

Everybody knows they play shinty in Scotland, hurley in Ireland and hurling in Ulster. I'd love to see the three great games come together in an international tournament.

"The people of Ulster"

johnneycool

I hear the Lynches have pulled out of the UHL which is a shame. One year they are taking the current Ulster champions to a replay, the next they are struggling to put out a team in the UHL for whatever reasons.

Paudie Butler should be dispatched North to get to the bottom of it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: William_Ulsterman on April 12, 2007, 08:43:08 PM
::)
Aye no doubt! I'm here to talk about promoting ULSTER hurling. Why don't you take your history lesson over to sluggerotoole along with all the other tossers talking shite!

Everybody knows they play shinty in Scotland, hurley in Ireland and hurling in Ulster. I'd love to see the three great games come together in an international tournament.

Like I said, you're lost, confused, and clueless -- they play hurling in the 9 counties of Ulster as they do in the other 23 counties of Ireland, to degrees of lesser or greater success. Take your political baggage and hawk it elsewhere, it's more suited to an audience of like-minded in-denial buffoons.

Syd The Sailor

I see Kevin Lynchs Dungiven & Lavey have pulled out of Ulster League, and next weekend teams are being asked to play UHL on a Saturday night & Antrim league matches on Sunday. I thought the whole idea of Ulster League was there would be no conflict of fixtures with the Antrim Leagues......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Arthur_Friend

I was at the match between Loughguile and Glenariffe yesterday. Wasn't too impressed with either team I have to say. Loughguile were very dirty..I didn't realise gorillas could play hurling. AMAZING!

The Truth

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 15, 2007, 11:24:14 AM
I was at the match between Loughguile and Glenariffe yesterday. Wasn't too impressed with either team I have to say. Loughguile were very dirty..I didn't realise gorillas could play hurling. AMAZING!

The Shamrocks are one of the best "non-championship" teams i have seen. I have a feeling when the action is a bit more meaningful in September they will wilt badly, and do what they do best, go to the Pound.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"