Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 711863 times)

trueblue1234

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #4950 on: September 15, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »
And if they blow Mayo away? That'll mean no county got close to them in the AI. Would that not suggest that Dublin really are that good. And maybe Tyrone underestimated how good they are?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: September 15, 2017, 10:57:58 PM »
How in the name of god could we underestimate a team that has won 4 out of the last 6 all Irelands?

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: September 15, 2017, 11:09:37 PM »
And if they blow Mayo away? That'll mean no county got close to them in the AI. Would that not suggest that Dublin really are that good. And maybe Tyrone underestimated how good they are?

I think maybe Tyrone overestimated how good they are...

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: September 16, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
I think it's a bit of both. Tyrone aren't as good as Ulster made them look. But Dublin look to have stepped up again this year. Maybe I'm wrong and Mayo will give them a game but I think they're as complete a team as I've seen.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: September 17, 2017, 04:21:20 PM »
Whatever happens in the second half, Mickey Harte should be embarassed the way he sent Tyrone out to play Dublin... push up and go at them

100% +1

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: September 17, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »
Dublin's main players were on holidays when their "reserves" won an O'Byrne Cup yet people on here brag about Kc Kenna Cups!!!!

Free Kickers win games - Tyron don't have 1

Mayo had a go, they were unlucky - Tyrone stuck to their defensive system for 70 minutes and got embarrassed

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: September 17, 2017, 05:35:09 PM »
agreee with this but whats more embaressing is that our county board have decided to give mickey another 3 years. mayo are a credit to themselves but just came up short. they  can hold their heads high.

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: September 17, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »
Looking like a while before a team from Ulster be anywhere near landing Sam.The most ominous thing was the Kerry minors display.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

• View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: September 17, 2017, 06:05:27 PM »
Whatever happens in the second half, Mickey Harte should be embarassed the way he sent Tyrone out to play Dublin... push up and go at them

Indeed. Further proof, if any was required, that Tyrone's style of play is moronic. Dublin are class but the manner of our defeat was all done to the way the team was prepared.

Gaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: September 17, 2017, 11:07:37 PM »
agreee with this but whats more embaressing is that our county board have decided to give mickey another 3 years. mayo are a credit to themselves but just came up short. they  can hold their heads high.

Go to your own county thread and plague it!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: September 18, 2017, 08:07:16 PM »
Mayo showed the type of game plan needed to beat Dublin yesterday. I just don't think we have the type of players to play that way though.

I hope we certainly try and be a bit more assertive next year, try and keep two inside and go for it but I'd worry about our defence being left exposed and our inside forward players are not ball winners.

I also think we're a fair bit off Dublin and Mayo physically. Peter Donnelly will need to be busy this Winter with the squad.

Some freshening up is needed in the squad also, I'm not sure guys like Conall McCann, McShane or HP McGeary are up to it and maybe it's time to look at other faces.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: September 18, 2017, 08:32:24 PM »

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: September 18, 2017, 09:26:27 PM »
bomber why single out those 3 players? 2 of whom barely kicked a ball for tyrone this year? what about some of the guys who played against dublin? and if u think a few new faces in the panel is gonna fix things then your deluded.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: September 18, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
bomber why single out those 3 players? 2 of whom barely kicked a ball for tyrone this year? what about some of the guys who played against dublin? and if u think a few new faces in the panel is gonna fix things then your deluded.

I don't think new players are going to fix anything.

McShane and Conall McCann have had a lot of chances at this stage and not grasped, HP McGeary is a guy who I don't think is up to it. I think there are other players that are certainly worth looking at.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: September 18, 2017, 09:52:47 PM »
Did anyone listen to Team talk? Sounds to me that Mickey ain't going to be changing the one man FF approach anytime soon. He was quoting Dublin and Mayo at times having 1 man forward. What he fails to grasp is that this happened for a tiny percentage of the game.

He also noted that we attack very quickly and get numbers forward. However, in my (albeit humble) opinion Mayo caused Dublin serious issues because they regularly left 3/4 men in the Dublin half. This meant Dublin had to tag them and as a result it significantly hampered their ability to fully implement their running game.

Furthermore, Mayo 100% commited to pressing Cluxton's kick outs. This severely spooked him and gave Mayo huge momentum. We only went 80% on the press. Each timw Dublin had one man free. Mickey needs to watch the Mayo press (Kerry as well) and replicate this in a planned fashion. It's true that the intensity of the press tales huge physical commitment and this, it could be argued, contributed to Mayo's eventual downfall. However, a fully committed press with a slight increase in forward numbers should be our approach to next year.