Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exiled Ruairi

Any word on any new management teams in Div 3/4?

saffron89

The big name for Dall manager wouldn't happen to be
Kevin or Sean mcNaughton
There'll be some amount of interviews for
What they are worth !!!!!
Any word on other vacant positions
Carey, Ballycastle, Glenariff !!!

Sweeper 123

Any AGMs already completed with snior managers appointed?

Also anyone hear anything about new structures of leagues - i did hear folk saying that Bcastle would now stay in D1 but i didnt see any recommendations anywhere

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on November 20, 2017, 01:42:48 PM

Also anyone hear anything about new structures of leagues - i did hear folk saying that Bcastle would now stay in D1 but i didnt see any recommendations anywhere

;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2017, 02:30:54 PM

;D ;D

Plenty of rumours, by some accounts Ballycastle are not pushing for it. However some in the CCC feel it would be too much to countenance them being in D.2. I'm sure St.Johns might find that hard to swallow when none of the D.1 teams would throw them a rope last year.
The whole thing is bonkers when merit is undermined like this.

Sweeper 123

It will be interesting to see the outcome, if Bcastle do stay up does that mean an odd numbered D1 as cmills def want to go back to D2;
I believe Bcastle would b better in D2 developing the younger players and wining prommotion back the following year;

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2017, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: Last Man on November 20, 2017, 04:46:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2017, 02:30:54 PM

;D ;D

Plenty of rumours, by some accounts Ballycastle are not pushing for it. However some in the CCC feel it would be too much to countenance them being in D.2. I'm sure St.Johns might find that hard to swallow when none of the D.1 teams would throw them a rope last year.
The whole thing is bonkers when merit is undermined like this.
I don't think all of the Div 1 teams voted against St Johns last year.
Was at the meeting. Most of them did in fact vote against them to maintain the 8 team league. I take a different view, if you finish in a relegation position you do the right thing and take your medicine.  There's more chance the principle of merit will improve standards than letting teams pick what league they want to be in. What message does it give to young players and how do you manage the expectation that it's easy to get what you want.(only for certain clubs though)

Na Glinntí Glasa

the league format has no need of changing again. it works well, all the games were played out and mostly on time. no need to change it or alter it to suit anyone's agenda
hurl like f**k boi!

Sweeper 123

Is there any good fitness trainers in NAntrim location ; that maybe arent well known / not associated with hurling - that anyone would recommend; Just wondering as it seems to be the usual merry go round of the same people going from one club to another; Is there trainers out there that dont get the recognition they deserve?

Sweeper 123

So we have a loughguile man in charge of Cdall - obviously the locals weren't deemed fit or maybe just bad at interviews

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on November 23, 2017, 03:33:09 PM
So we have a loughguile man in charge of Cdall - obviously the locals weren't deemed fit or maybe just bad at interviews

Who were the locals?

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on November 23, 2017, 03:33:09 PM

I'm assuming it's a Loughgiel man living over that side of the mountain? Eamon Gillen or SP McKillop?

Sweeper 123

Yep Eamon Gillen - apparently Dinny is trainer ;

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on November 23, 2017, 04:01:13 PM
Yep Eamon Gillen - apparently Dinny is trainer ;

Sure thats oul news pal..

let it fly

What local Cdall lads were in for it?i cant remember a time an outsider took them