Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Quote from: vallankumous on September 14, 2017, 10:48:07 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 14, 2017, 09:40:38 AM
A neutral man said to me last night that Clonoe have easily provided the most entertainment in Tyrone championship football over the past numbers of years. I had not actually given it a thought until he mentioned it. Would you agree?

I can't disagree. it's a fantastic Championship with many teams playing their part.

Indeed think of the really exciting games in the last few years.... Clonoe,Carrickmore,Omagh,errigal coalisland killyclogher dromore trillick have all been involed in at least one or more....might not be the best championship but it is the most competitive and most exciting long may it continue....

Tyrone Gaa

Derrylaughan recorded an expected victory last night, they look like a side that will challenge.  Saying that they face Eglish/Stewartstown in the QF which will be a real test of their credentials.  Their forward line looks sharp and a defence that holds a team to 4 points in 60mins cant be bad either.  They will face tougher tests.  I haven't seen bookies odds but who are the favourites for the intermediate championship?
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 14, 2017, 12:24:47 PM
Derrylaughan recorded an expected victory last night, they look like a side that will challenge.  Saying that they face Eglish/Stewartstown in the QF which will be a real test of their credentials.  Their forward line looks sharp and a defence that holds a team to 4 points in 60mins cant be bad either.  They will face tougher tests.  I haven't seen bookies odds but who are the favourites for the intermediate championship?

Did Brian Kennedy get a straight red card last night just at the end....

HalfBack7

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 14, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Yes, he got a straight red in injury time. There was an off the ball incident and the ref black carded the Castlederg number 15. But the linesman signaled to the ref and after a bit of discussion he showed both men straight reds. I believe it was for striking.
Very silly on Kennedy's part to strike deep into injury time with a 10 point lead and a place in the quarter final waiting.

tothetop03

Quote from: HalfBack7 on September 14, 2017, 01:16:35 PM

Yes, he got a straight red in injury time. There was an off the ball incident and the ref black carded the Castlederg number 15. But the linesman signaled to the ref and after a bit of discussion he showed both men straight reds. I believe it was for striking.
Very silly on Kennedy's part to strike deep into injury time with a 10 point lead and a place in the quarter final waiting.

He will appeal and he will get off....nearly everybody else does....

Onthe40

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 14, 2017, 08:47:09 AM
Anyone any idea when fixtures for the following weekend (Quarter Final weekend) will be released? I would've hoped that the QFs that are fixed at the minute would be in place to allow lads a chance to book time off work etc.

I think there are are 8 definitive ties so surely a schedule for these could be in place.

For example;

Fri Night
Aghyaran v Eskra
Owen Roes v Fintona

Sat afternoon
CNG v Drumquin
Clonoe v Pomeroy

Sat Evening
Clogher v Brocagh
Coalisland v Trillick

Sunday With 2 x other double headers to complete the weekend
Tatts v Derrytresk
Moy v Cookstown

absolutely ridiculous fixtures havent been released yet when teams know they are up again in the championship in a weeks time...

redhandefender

Quote from: HalfBack7 on September 14, 2017, 01:16:35 PM

the derg will always bring you to their level!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on September 14, 2017, 09:03:03 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 14, 2017, 08:47:09 AM
Anyone any idea when fixtures for the following weekend (Quarter Final weekend) will be released? I would've hoped that the QFs that are fixed at the minute would be in place to allow lads a chance to book time off work etc.

I think there are are 8 definitive ties so surely a schedule for these could be in place.

For example;

Fri Night
Aghyaran v Eskra
Owen Roes v Fintona

Sat afternoon
CNG v Drumquin
Clonoe v Pomeroy

Sat Evening
Clogher v Brocagh
Coalisland v Trillick

Sunday With 2 x other double headers to complete the weekend
Tatts v Derrytresk
Moy v Cookstown

I would agree with you here, can't understand why junior teams haven't been let know yet.
You're some craic thinking OWEN ROES V FINTONA would be the main event in your example  ;D

;D

I was wondering would anyone pull me on that!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redhandofgod

id say moy v cookstown and pomeroy v clonoe will be on together probably in edendork.

In hiding

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 14, 2017, 08:29:49 AM
Talking to an Ardboe man last night they are quietly confident that they can take Omagh.... he thinks Loughmacrory pitch is just the correct size for Ardboes style of play and will also take some space away from Omagh....
Just the correct size?
Not too big or not too small !
Omagh  by 3

tothetop03

Quote from: In hiding on September 14, 2017, 04:07:41 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 14, 2017, 08:29:49 AM
Talking to an Ardboe man last night they are quietly confident that they can take Omagh.... he thinks Loughmacrory pitch is just the correct size for Ardboes style of play and will also take some space away from Omagh....
Just the correct size?
Not too big or not too small !
Omagh  by 3

I think he meant he would not want to be playing on a bigger pitch...

redhandefender

well I was chatting to an omagh man who said the pitch was just the right shape for them to win this match.

WT4E

Quote from: redhandofgod on September 14, 2017, 03:41:26 PM
id say moy v cookstown and pomeroy v clonoe will be on together probably in edendork.

I have to say I find Edendork a terrible venue for a match - too open to the elements and there is little atmosphere created during games due to the vastness of the terrace.

Surely Senior championship games should be played at venues with a bit a shelter for the patrons - I can think of 10 better venues:

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: WT4E on September 14, 2017, 05:04:34 PM

I have to say I find Edendork a terrible venue for a match - too open to the elements and there is little atmosphere created during games due to the vastness of the terrace.

Surely Senior championship games should be played at venues with a bit a shelter for the patrons - I can think of 10 better venues:

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Dungannon? I wouldn't put cattle on that field. There's a 6 foot drop on the breath of the pitch.

Mikhailov

Quote from: WT4E on September 14, 2017, 05:04:34 PM

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

To that list you could add the following who have covered terracing;

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

Admittedly a few of them are not located centrally to accommodate games but I would travel the extra distance if it meant I was going to be sheltered...