Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 13, 2017, 12:41:44 PM
Will Loughmacrory take 3 games on sat?
hardly likely considering the rain this week..hopefully the co board has the foresight to switch games in time to ensure players dont have to play in conditions such as last sun nite..

I see another game doesnt go ahead in Omagh tnite..switched to Garvaghey.

The lough will be 100% for Saturday. I was on the pitch last night and there wasn't one area of lying water even though it was pissing all day. I'd say there aren't many better surfaces throughout the county. Furthermore, it's going to be dry Thurday, Friday and most of Saturday.

bogball88

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 13, 2017, 01:03:32 PM
hardly likely considering the rain this week..hopefully the co board has the foresight to switch games in time to ensure players dont have to play in conditions such as last sun nite..

The lough will be 100% for Saturday. I was on the pitch last night and there wasn't one area of lying water even though it was pissing all day. I'd say there aren't many better surfaces throughout the county. Furthermore, it's going to be dry Thurday, Friday and most of Saturday.
Will the bar be open?

vallankumous

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 11, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
a very enjoyable victory last evening, Dromore had one wide in the game, and in those conditions that is an impressive stat. We had 6/7 wides, so we had the lions share of chances. first half was very even, the first 15 of the second half belonged to Dromore as we struggled to get ball and they made great use of possession. Then there changes made by the line and you could see the game turning as we pressed, we took over the last ten, only one winner at that point. One poster earlier said Dromore will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job, does that mean he thought Dromore would have the ball the entire second half against a team like Clonoe, I don't think so.It not like Dromore missed chances, they didn't. So Clonoe were always going get a run of possession, it was up to them to create scores in that period. The benches of both teams impacted, Clonoe had a bench, Dromore  didn't. It boiled down when the game was in the melting pot who would you put your money on.

Ye had more than that. A free kick with 10 to go was awarded as a point when it went a foot wide.

omagh_gael

Quote from: bogball88 on September 13, 2017, 01:14:25 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 13, 2017, 01:03:32 PM

Will the bar be open?

Haha I'd imagine it would, they wouldn't want to miss all those thirsty gobs!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: vallankumous on September 13, 2017, 01:54:44 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 11, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
a very enjoyable victory last evening, Dromore had one wide in the game, and in those conditions that is an impressive stat. We had 6/7 wides, so we had the lions share of chances. first half was very even, the first 15 of the second half belonged to Dromore as we struggled to get ball and they made great use of possession. Then there changes made by the line and you could see the game turning as we pressed, we took over the last ten, only one winner at that point. One poster earlier said Dromore will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job, does that mean he thought Dromore would have the ball the entire second half against a team like Clonoe, I don't think so.It not like Dromore missed chances, they didn't. So Clonoe were always going get a run of possession, it was up to them to create scores in that period. The benches of both teams impacted, Clonoe had a bench, Dromore  didn't. It boiled down when the game was in the melting pot who would you put your money on.

Ye had more than that. A free kick with 10 to go was awarded as a point when it went a foot wide.

you couldn't depend on those stupid umpires who stand directly under the post to give the right decision. Of course I could cry about the point that won Dromore the championship final in 11 when the ball was lifted clean off the ground in the move that lead to the winning score, but what the point, sorry pardon the pun!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 13, 2017, 12:57:51 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 13, 2017, 11:49:50 AM
Has Edendork a wee chance v Carrickmore? Urney has no hope...Donaghmore on current form....and the Big one of Omagh and Ardboe should be good Crack.....
Edendork may fancy their chances with the form we are in going into championship and them having a few county players on their panel.  However I feel we should be overcoming them comfortably, anything after that is up for debate, With the teams that have already exited the championship and teams that are yet to exit it, who knows who will lift the O'neill cup this year...Heres hoping haha

Jez, Cargin gave you a serious tanking last week, was it 7 goals they put past you. Good grief what was that all about

vallankumous

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 13, 2017, 03:28:14 PM

you couldn't depend on those stupid umpires who stand directly under the post to give the right decision. Of course I could cry about the point that won Dromore the championship final in 11 when the ball was lifted clean off the ground in the move that lead to the winning score, but what the point, sorry pardon the pun!

I've no issue with it just thought I'd mention it. It's fault of the umpires and no on else. It happens all the time.

tothetop03

Talking to an Ardboe man last night they are quietly confident that they can take Omagh.... he thinks Loughmacrory pitch is just the correct size for Ardboes style of play and will also take some space away from Omagh....

Norf Tyrone

Anyone any idea when fixtures for the following weekend (Quarter Final weekend) will be released? I would've hoped that the QFs that are fixed at the minute would be in place to allow lads a chance to book time off work etc.

I think there are are 8 definitive ties so surely a schedule for these could be in place.

For example;

Fri Night
Aghyaran v Eskra
Owen Roes v Fintona

Sat afternoon
CNG v Drumquin
Clonoe v Pomeroy

Sat Evening
Clogher v Brocagh
Coalisland v Trillick

Sunday With 2 x other double headers to complete the weekend
Tatts v Derrytresk
Moy v Cookstown
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 14, 2017, 08:47:09 AM
Anyone any idea when fixtures for the following weekend (Quarter Final weekend) will be released? I would've hoped that the QFs that are fixed at the minute would be in place to allow lads a chance to book time off work etc.

I think there are are 8 definitive ties so surely a schedule for these could be in place.

For example;

Fri Night
Aghyaran v Eskra
Owen Roes v Fintona

Sat afternoon
CNG v Drumquin
Clonoe v Pomeroy

Sat Evening
Clogher v Brocagh
Coalisland v Trillick

Sunday With 2 x other double headers to complete the weekend
Tatts v Derrytresk
Moy v Cookstown

I would agree with you here, can't understand why junior teams haven't been let know yet.
You're some craic thinking OWEN ROES V FINTONA would be the main event in your example  ;D

Knock Yer Mucker In

A neutral man said to me last night that Clonoe have easily provided the most entertainment in Tyrone championship football over the past numbers of years. I had not actually given it a thought until he mentioned it. Would you agree?

blewuporstuffed

To be fair there has been some great games between all the big sides. Clonoe have been involved in their fair share, as have Dromore. Omagh also had an exciting run to win it a couple of years ago.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 13, 2017, 03:29:40 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 13, 2017, 12:57:51 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 13, 2017, 11:49:50 AM
Has Edendork a wee chance v Carrickmore? Urney has no hope...Donaghmore on current form....and the Big one of Omagh and Ardboe should be good Crack.....
Edendork may fancy their chances with the form we are in going into championship and them having a few county players on their panel.  However I feel we should be overcoming them comfortably, anything after that is up for debate, With the teams that have already exited the championship and teams that are yet to exit it, who knows who will lift the O'neill cup this year...Heres hoping haha

Jez, Cargin gave you a serious tanking last week, was it 7 goals they put past you. Good grief what was that all about

Edendork do indeed have a chance. I would not pass much remarks on the Cargin game though. Cargin ran away with in 2nd half when 15 subs were made at haft time.
I would expect us to have a few championship debutantes this weekend which hopefully will freshen the thing up

Onthe40

defo hard to beat Omaghs run in 2014 for excitement...

vallankumous

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 14, 2017, 09:40:38 AM
A neutral man said to me last night that Clonoe have easily provided the most entertainment in Tyrone championship football over the past numbers of years. I had not actually given it a thought until he mentioned it. Would you agree?

I can't disagree. it's a fantastic Championship with many teams playing their part.