O'Moore park for club games

Started by Portbush, February 25, 2017, 08:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portbush

I have been to many a club game in O'Moore park and my opinion the atmosphere is dead it's to big supporters are too spread out and it's not like the club games of years back. Years back you wouldn't miss a games even if the game itself was poor the atmosphere was great. We need to get the games out of our county grounds and back to the club grounds. Some good grounds around county now

hurlingmad

Quote from: Portbush on February 25, 2017, 08:46:17 PM
I have been to many a club game in O'Moore park and my opinion the atmosphere is dead it's to big supporters are too spread out and it's not like the club games of years back. Years back you wouldn't miss a games even if the game itself was poor the atmosphere was great. We need to get the games out of our county grounds and back to the club grounds. Some good grounds around county now

Im gone well past it (not that i ever had it) but i always liked playing in o moore park as did anyone iv ever played with or against.

Mountrath have a lovely field too but the senior games are likely to stay in portlaoise i would imagine.
I dont know why you would want the games elsewhere to be honest as there is seating and always nice to bump into people you know for a chat

Don Draper

hurlingmad

Quote from: Don Draper on February 26, 2017, 09:46:30 AM
Is Mountrath not a swamp?

I dont know now? But when its right you could play bowling on it

Helix

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 26, 2017, 10:03:02 AM

When it's wet it's a swamp. Stradbally Park Ratheniska crettyard the best on football side. Port can be hit and miss at times. For convenience and for season ticket holder retention the CB will probably retain the status quo for another while.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

hurlingmad

Quote from: Helix on February 26, 2017, 10:25:52 AM
Quote from: hurlingmad on February 26, 2017, 10:03:02 AM

When it's wet it's a swamp. Stradbally Park Ratheniska crettyard the best on football side. Port can be hit and miss at times. For convenience and for season ticket holder retention the CB will probably retain the status quo for another while.

Been about 15 years but i remember ballypickas having a grand pitch

Helix

There are some fine ones in fairness dotted around. Killeshin new pitch, Barrowhouse. Timahoe also decent one though a bit smaller. Not sure what percentage of gate receipts go to clubs in championship but clubs would hardly compromise their pitch for neutral games.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

SCFC

Quote from: Helix on February 26, 2017, 11:44:27 AM
There are some fine ones in fairness dotted around. Killeshin new pitch, Barrowhouse. Timahoe also decent one though a bit smaller. Not sure what percentage of gate receipts go to clubs in championship but clubs would hardly compromise their pitch for neutral games.
Emo is a nice pitch too although the dressing rooms are atrocious. Annanough have a nice set up but the pitch itself isn't the best. O'Dempseys have a nice clubhouse but the main pitch is wet a lot of the time. Courtwood dug up their pitch last year so the jury is out! Ratheniska is a fine job, pitch and dressing rooms.

BallyroanAbbey

Mountmellick is a good spot, as is rosenallis in recent years, always thought errill had a good pitch too.

BallyroanAbu

O Moore Park = 100% gate for County

Portbush

Laois GAA could hire the pitch from the club like O'Moore park have there guys at the gate.same as O'Moore park pay at a pay station.

clonadmad

Quote from: Portbush on February 26, 2017, 04:19:11 PM
Laois GAA could hire the pitch from the club like O'Moore park have there guys at the gate.same as O'Moore park pay at a pay station.

Im nearly certain its 20% of the gate for any club hosting a game.

honest hurler

mountrath is not a swamp as you put it don but a fantastic pitch fair play to the people of mountrath and perfect for senior games as where many of them were played over the years and i will go a little further by saying that it is the next best to o moore park

hurlingmad

Quote from: honest hurler on February 26, 2017, 05:55:42 PM
mountrath is not a swamp as you put it don but a fantastic pitch fair play to the people of mountrath and perfect for senior games as where many of them were played over the years and i will go a little further by saying that it is the next best to o moore park

Thats what i thought but i cannot comment on what it is like to hold water, any time iv seen it or played especially on the new pitch i found it flawless

Don Draper

Quote from: honest hurler on February 26, 2017, 05:55:42 PM
It's a dreadfully wet pitch that can't hold water.