The Real Laoislad
22 (37.9%)
Gnevin
27 (46.6%)
Other (name them)
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Tankie

i'd be more worried about the amount of Brits on the boards over LL the west Brit  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on December 06, 2009, 01:13:32 PM
i'd be more worried about the amount of Brits on the boards over LL the west Brit  ;)

I'm living in Dublin too long,thats the problem I got dragged down to your level..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 06, 2009, 01:18:50 PM

I'm living in Dublin too long,thats the problem I got dragged down to your level..

My Level? i dont thinking living in Dublin has you supporting an English soccer team
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on December 06, 2009, 01:26:10 PM

My Level? i dont thinking living in Dublin has you supporting an English soccer team

Well I didn't think supporting a english soccer team made me a "west brit" but some gimps do,which if really the case  90% of this board could be described as west brit in fairness  :D

When I was growing up a West Brit was always someone from Dublin...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 06, 2009, 01:33:18 PM

Well I didn't think supporting a english soccer team made me a "west brit" but some gimps do,which if really the case  90% of this board could be described as west brit in fairness  :D

Says the man for queen's county
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on December 06, 2009, 01:35:12 PM

Says the man for queen's county

Thanks you proved my point from last night...good man  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

thats handy for the man who loves an English soccer team - all sing god save the queen on cup final day....yes Dublin people are west brits  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on December 06, 2009, 01:38:02 PM

thats handy for the man who loves an English soccer team - all sing god save the queen on cup final day....yes Dublin people are west brits  ::)

You should try using CD's or MP3s they don't break as often as that record player you are using  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

To avoid hypocrisy the insult West Brit should only be issued by a non-english speaker, someone who has never played soccer even in his garden, never used sterling (except to steal it & then use it to purchase semtex). Even if you drive on the left hand side of the road it could be argued that you are a West Brit.
MWWSI 2017

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Tankie why do you keep saying English this and English that as if it's some sort of insult? Are you telling me you avoid everything English ?
I always knew Dublin people as west Brits too it was always something that was said about Dublin people where I come from I dunno or don't care why but that's the way it is.
Btw what idiot thinks because a fella supports a team in sport from England is a west Brit?
Does that mean people who like American football are east yanks?
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on December 06, 2009, 01:56:43 PM
To avoid hypocrisy the insult West Brit should only be issued by a non-english speaker, someone who has never played soccer even in his garden, never used sterling (except to steal it & then use it to purchase semtex). Even if you drive on the left hand side of the road it could be argued that you are a West Brit.

That would be way above some peoples heads though muppet
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on December 06, 2009, 01:57:40 PM
Tankie why do you keep saying English this and English that as if it's some sort of insult? Are you telling me you avoid everything English ?
I always knew Dublin people as west Brits too it was always something that was said about Dublin people where I come from I dunno or don't care why but that's the way it is.
Btw what idiot thinks because a fella supports a team in sport from England is a west Brit?

I have no problem with it....i just think its a joke when you have all these super Irish lads who hate everything about Britan (excluding soccer as 'its a good league', or shopping up the north 'as we are being rip off' down here)...me personally i watch rugby, golf, baseball, American football, champions leagues knock out soccer so not sure where that leaves me
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on December 06, 2009, 02:14:19 PM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on December 06, 2009, 01:57:40 PM

I have no problem with it....i just think its a joke when you have all these super Irish lads who hate everything about Britan (excluding soccer as 'its a good league', or shopping up the north 'as we are being rip off' down here)...me personally i watch rugby, golf, baseball, American football, champions leagues knock out soccer so not sure where that leaves me

How do you make out thats me so???

Apart from that god awful Rugby(IMHO) I watch all them sports too and snooker,athletics,Aussie Rules,Boxing,Formula 1,I even spent an entire evening watching a Lacrosse match from some college in America and Golf is one of my top if not my top passions both playing and watching it....

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ballinaman

In fairness to laois lad, i think it's harsh to call anyone a west Brit purely on the basis of sporting allegiances...hell of alot more to a west Brit than that.

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

So you are just trying to insult lads for no reason then Tankie?
You are some tool  ::) and by your last post a bit of a hypocrite
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC