Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Ballybofey, Saturday 18th March @7pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 12, 2017, 10:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

The Irish News has the team lineups as follows but I think they've made a mess of it as I thought there were a few changes before throw in. Didn't McShane and Sludden start?
Anyone know why Hampsey didn't start but then he came on? Who started at corner back?

Tyrone: M O'Neill; P Hampsey, R McNamee, C McCarron; T McCann, J McMahon, R Brennan (0-1); C Cavanagh, D McClure; C Meyler, K McGeary, P Harte (0-2, 0-1free); M Bradley, S Cavanagh (0-1free), M Donnelly

Subs: P Hampsey for McShane (h-t), C Meyler for McClure (h-t), A McCrory for McMahon (44), R O'Neill for Brennan (53), J Munroe for McCarron (64)

omagh_gael

Don't want to go hard on individuals but I don't see the logic in McShane getting so much game time. He got two balls early in the first half and on the first passed straight to a Donegal man and the second he passed long into the Donegal corner back area when there wasn't a Tyrone man within 30 yards. Now I know that every player, bar Petey Harte IMO, had a stinker but Mickey Is giving Cathal serious game time versus other options and he still appears to be too rash in his decision making. I still believe he'll make an excellent player in years to come but at the moment he is not taking his chance. All in my opinion, of course.

Main Street

By it's nature, sometimes form in the league  is an aberration, there is no sense to it.
What happens in Donegal is best left behind, don't look back.

twohands!!!

Even with the improvements in conditioning and pitches there's definitely still some lads who are far more suited to league football in winter conditions and lads who will improve on the dryer sod and warmer days. From what I've seen of him I think McShane might fall into the better performer come summer-time category a bit.

omagh_gael

Fair enough, lads. Mickey clearly sees something in McShane that he really likes and keeps giving him lots of chances to show confidence in him. Hopefully his consistency improves as I think he has great potential for us.