Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Eir froze for me last weekend with a different provider and one of the lads travelling to the match Sunday mentioned his coverage was sketchy and he has a Sky box  ;D so I'd not use that match as a reference point.

I'm working on about 25-30Mb for the last couple years with little problems, most problems tend to have come at various providers end.

heffo

Looking to put Kodi on either a Smart TV, Fire stick or Apple TV - haven't used it in a couple of years - whats the best option?

Ideally would like to stream downloads from a NAS using Kodi and get some add-ons to stream movies and sports etc

Any suggestions welcome..cheers

lynchbhoy

Quote from: heffo on February 10, 2019, 04:15:33 PM
Looking to put Kodi on either a Smart TV, Fire stick or Apple TV - haven't used it in a couple of years - whats the best option?

Ideally would like to stream downloads from a NAS using Kodi and get some add-ons to stream movies and sports etc

Not sure if this is what you are after but using firestick..

Wizardtvsolutions.com

Using it around a year and the last 6 months it rarely freezes after it's app was upgraded

The + app has on demand box sets and latest movies..

heffo

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 12:51:13 AM
Quote from: heffo on February 10, 2019, 04:15:33 PM

Not sure if this is what you are after but using firestick..

Wizardtvsolutions.com

Using it around a year and the last 6 months it rarely freezes after it's app was upgraded

The + app has on demand box sets and latest movies..

Thanks Lynchboy, already use IPTV via an app

Looking for Kodi guidance and streaming downloaded torrents stored on a NAS

laceer

Anyone use ontarget? All online presence seems to have disappeared - Twitter, website etc. Service still working fine though.

NAG1

Is there any value in a Sky + box?

Changed over and just checking whether just to dump it?

Itchy

Quote from: laceer on February 21, 2019, 09:10:03 AM
Anyone use ontarget? All online presence seems to have disappeared - Twitter, website etc. Service still working fine though.

I've said it on here before, if you are using a supplier that is openly online (facebook/twitter etc) then you are going to have your service cut at some point. You need to go with people who you get to by word of mouth. The rest will be hunted down eventually and you will end up being out of pocket as they will go off mid subscription.

laceer

I'll not be out of pocket as I paid £25 for a years subscription 8 months ago. Paid for itself in about 2 weeks vs sky

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on February 21, 2019, 09:11:32 AM
Is there any value in a Sky + box?

Changed over and just checking whether just to dump it?

I kept mine and stuck it in the spare room for freeview.

An Gaeilgoir

Just moved to London with work, i want to get a "system" on to my tv... is there somewhere i can get a plug and play system,fully loaded using a firestick or something similar, happy to pay for a subscription. If anyone on here supplies them or can point me in a direction that would be great. I am basically looking for the Irish channels, movies and sports... Thanks.

Itchy

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on February 27, 2019, 10:54:49 PM
Just moved to London with work, i want to get a "system" on to my tv... is there somewhere i can get a plug and play system,fully loaded using a firestick or something similar, happy to pay for a subscription. If anyone on here supplies them or can point me in a direction that would be great. I am basically looking for the Irish channels, movies and sports... Thanks.

What sort of tv have you? Is it a smart tv or android tv.

NetNitrate

May be better options but with Firestick you can download Vader's app (after you install downloader app first) and then subscribe to their service which gives all the above.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Itchy on February 27, 2019, 11:09:38 PM

I have an LG Smart tv, its not android.

Itchy

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on February 28, 2019, 09:25:35 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 27, 2019, 11:09:38 PM

I have an LG Smart tv, its not android.

I'll send you an IM, very easy to set up

general

Folks anyone on IPTV now will need to get a VPN set up - some recent court judgement now means they are blocking everything. with the vpn its impossible to be tracked and blocked.  Very important to get one - if you dont you wont have iptv