Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Great podcast with Rogers ok.

Would there be any Glen people who are hurlers playing for Slaughtneil in the Hurling?

marty34

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 19, 2023, 01:02:22 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 19, 2023, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2023, 11:46:38 AM
Is there any worse than Sean Cavanagh. Purely there to get attention for himself.

Agreed on BBC. It's better. Murphy is very good.

Cavanagh is just unpleasant to watch.

Absolutely bizzare that he was given the pundit job - I think if Harte didn't have his issues with RTE he would never have been given the job.

Cavanagh is trying to be Joe Brolly, only not he's not as intelligent or insightful. He doesn't have a single original comment come out of his mouth, but then that's RTE pundits these days. Cliche city.
It is all scripted and all just so boring.
Although, i did laugh at the saving rte comment.

Cavanagh and Cora Staunton with Cantwell. Sweet jaysus.

Who's the girl on the BBC coverage?

Good, knowledgeable and likeable.

Murphy is good.  I think they have Harte and Mc Conville on beside each other as there seems to be a bit of tension between them - alá Brolly and Spillane.

Niblock a good lad. Sidebottom grand also. It's a hard job to do. People will always have an opinion.

I don't take any of them too seriously and that way they don't annoy me much. Just focus on the game.  A lot of peoole nowadays want to judge everything and everybody. Just enjoy the coverage.

ONeill

Couldn't agree more Marty.

Can never understand people losing the nut over commentators or pundits. They don't really matter.

Yer girl on the BBC is a fine anchor and you can tell the experts like her.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Personally never listen to he stuff before or half time, when the games over I'll switch over, very rarely watch the Sunday game.

What are they telling you that from watching it yourself that you need to know?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2023, 10:27:14 PM
Personally never listen to he stuff before or half time, when the games over I'll switch over, very rarely watch the Sunday game.

What are they telling you that from watching it yourself that you need to know?

Its not the punditry that annoys me. Its the commentary.
I find Niblock and Marty Morrissey to be like wet blankets. They can make any game boring.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bennydorano on July 19, 2023, 09:56:59 PM

Would there be any Glen people who are hurlers playing for Slaughtneil in the Hurling?

No hurling allowed in Glen!!  ;D

From the current senior side Michael Warnock was a very good hurler - played for both Swatragh and Derry seniors. Some lads played a bit of underage for Swatragh. Stevie O'Hara was a decent underage hurler with Slaughtneil but never played senior. Think Conor Glass might have played a game or two for Lavey. He was an excellent hurler by all accounts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 20, 2023, 07:27:59 AM

From the current senior side Michael Warnock was a very good hurler - played for both Swatragh and Derry seniors. Some lads played a bit of underage for Swatragh. Stevie O'Hara was a decent underage hurler with Slaughtneil but never played senior. Think Conor Glass might have played a game or two for Lavey. He was an excellent hurler by all accounts.

Always felt that if Derry were serious about hurling they'd have been pushing Antrim and beating Antrim every year.

In my day hurling at minor level Derry clubs played in the Antrim leagues, they were every bit as good if not better that most Antrim clubs, and they secured plenty of school's competitions too.

But bog ball is king, S'niel showed how you can (at club level) mix it with the best
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2023, 07:39:25 AM

Always felt that if Derry were serious about hurling they'd have been pushing Antrim and beating Antrim every year.

In my day hurling at minor level Derry clubs played in the Antrim leagues, they were every bit as good if not better that most Antrim clubs, and they secured plenty of school's competitions too.

But bog ball is king, S'niel showed how you can (at club level) mix it with the best

The crop of players in Slaughtneil are the exception. It won't be repeated (in terms of high level dual players).

statto

Quote from: marty34 on July 19, 2023, 10:20:10 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 19, 2023, 01:02:22 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 19, 2023, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2023, 11:46:38 AM
Is there any worse than Sean Cavanagh. Purely there to get attention for himself.

Agreed on BBC. It's better. Murphy is very good.

Cavanagh is just unpleasant to watch.

Absolutely bizzare that he was given the pundit job - I think if Harte didn't have his issues with RTE he would never have been given the job.

Cavanagh is trying to be Joe Brolly, only not he's not as intelligent or insightful. He doesn't have a single original comment come out of his mouth, but then that's RTE pundits these days. Cliche city.
It is all scripted and all just so boring.
Although, i did laugh at the saving rte comment.

Cavanagh and Cora Staunton with Cantwell. Sweet jaysus.

Who's the girl on the BBC coverage?

Good, knowledgeable and likeable.

Murphy is good.  I think they have Harte and Mc Conville on beside each other as there seems to be a bit of tension between them - alá Brolly and Spillane.

Niblock a good lad. Sidebottom grand also. It's a hard job to do. People will always have an opinion.

I don't take any of them too seriously and that way they don't annoy me much. Just focus on the game.  A lot of peoole nowadays want to judge everything and everybody. Just enjoy the coverage.
Sarah Mulkerrins?  Night and day between her and Cantwell knows the role of the anchor is to facilitate not to argue or talk over the pundits, very good way about her. 

imtommygunn

Definitely very good and perfect for that role. Cantwell strives too much to be controversial.

God14

100% agree on Sarah Mulkerrins

She sort of came out of nowhere? but understands the role exactly. She's nailed it, and should be FT permanent anchor going forward.

The beeb are doing alot very well with their coverage these days.

bennydorano

Cheers, had a look a google maps there to see where everybody is, didn't realise Lavey & Swatragh were so close to maghera

Derryman forever

That depends on how you define close.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 20, 2023, 10:19:36 AM
That depends on how you define close.

;D
I can imagine that closeness doesn't make them friends lol