Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: johnnycool on May 16, 2023, 09:54:10 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 09:38:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2023, 09:33:12 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2023, 07:46:17 AM
So anyone can email a county board with an allegation and they must stand down the manager?

Who has actually said that?

It's not so much as said that, but people have done it and it works. The case here in question I'm totally behind Mrs Gallagher my point is that anyone can send an email or go on to social media and make claims about someone.

Would you be happy if you had allegations (true or false) made public via social media that would have wider implications on your kids and job and that would have even more implications on caring for your children should you lose your job over it?

The courts are there for a reason, to settle these issues. Court by social media though seems to be the way of the world.

Nobody is saying the courts should not do their job but right back at the beginning of this the "suspended pending investigation" route was explained and what steps you would need to take before suspending the individual.

Derry had their own decision to make and steps to take. All of which have already been set out.

Put yourself in Derry CB's position if they did get that email from Nicola's dad.

Your response would be that due to the seriousness of the allegations that he should go to the police with them.

In the meantime you'd have a duty of care to all to face Rory with what you've been informed about and as we've seen from his release, he probably told them (or would have told them) that these claims have been "dealt with" during the custody case and he's been cleared and now has custody of the children.

What do Derry CB do next?

They really can't be ignoring an email of that type all the same, that's really bad if they did.

Exactly.

The competent authorities are the ones who should be doing the investigating and prosecuting if appropriate. Not a volunteer board whose skillset is no more applicable to the problem than landing a man on the moon.

-------------------

Another question that is in my mind - why did (seemingly) none of this come out when custody of the children was up? Not casting doubt on the allegations, more on how did the combination of authorities/legal representation allow things to string along this far? Did NG receive extremely bad advice during the custody proceedings?

If the allegations are true, which inferring from a lack of strong denial from RG they would appear to have substance, then the systematic failure needs examined and rectified.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
And not one of those posts by me even mention a criminal investigation.

If you are wanting someone to investigate a potential crime, determine the truth and then take action based on the outcome of said investigation, then it is a criminal investigation.

Criminal investigations can be conducted by people other than the police you know.
i usse an speelchekor

Itchy

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 16, 2023, 01:47:59 PM
So anyone can email a county board with an allegation and they must stand down the manager?

It's not so much as said that, but people have done it and it works. The case here in question I'm totally behind Mrs Gallagher my point is that anyone can send an email or go on to social media and make claims about someone.

Would you be happy if you had allegations (true or false) made public via social media that would have wider implications on your kids and job and that would have even more implications on caring for your children should you lose your job over it?

The courts are there for a reason, to settle these issues. Court by social media though seems to be the way of the world.

Nobody is saying the courts should not do their job but right back at the beginning of this the "suspended pending investigation" route was explained and what steps you would need to take before suspending the individual.

Derry had their own decision to make and steps to take. All of which have already been set out.

Put yourself in Derry CB's position if they did get that email from Nicola's dad.

Your response would be that due to the seriousness of the allegations that he should go to the police with them.

In the meantime you'd have a duty of care to all to face Rory with what you've been informed about and as we've seen from his release, he probably told them (or would have told them) that these claims have been "dealt with" during the custody case and he's been cleared and now has custody of the children.

They really can't be ignoring an email of that type all the same, that's really bad if they did.

Exactly.

The competent authorities are the ones who should be doing the investigating and prosecuting if appropriate. Not a volunteer board whose skillset is no more applicable to the problem than landing a man on the moon.

-------------------

Another question that is in my mind - why did (seemingly) none of this come out when custody of the children was up? Not casting doubt on the allegations, more on how did the combination of authorities/legal representation allow things to string along this far? Did NG receive extremely bad advice during the custody proceedings?

If the allegations are true, which inferring from a lack of strong denial from RG they would appear to have substance, then the systematic failure needs examined and rectified.

Have a read of this, I posted on the other thread...

https://twitter.com/Sineadmcgar/status/1656946720486350848?t=EuciV12QYX1abR2h4tTzUA&s=19

seafoid

Exactly.

-------------------

She was probably weaker than she is now. He was probably more convincing than he would be now. The Social workers have a number of cases to deal with per month and perhaps they didn't have time to give this case a thorough assessment.

ck

Pleasantly surprised at the measured commentary on here on this situation.

What we know is that Nicola was brutally abused for 24years and was forced to turn to alcohol in an attempt to cope and save her kids. Witnesses have come forward to back up the allegations. Rory has not denied any aspect of the allegations and instead chose to smear his ex wife and use her alcohol problem as a deflection.

These are the facts.
Until there is a clear denial on his part then he can have no part in any GAA team and I believe Derry and Ulster GAA should be much stronger on this in public as I believe they are behind the scenes. As it stands Gallagher will never be involved in the GAA again.

Keyser soze

Quote from: armaghniac on May 16, 2023, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 16, 2023, 11:08:58 AM
I know that my e-mail accounts are set up to filter out emails from spam accounts which would include unknown addresses, they will automatically go to junk and there could be up to a couple of dozen coming in there every day.

I never look at it unless someone claims they've sent me an email which I haven't received, which does happen on occasion.

Spam is what you use a spam filter, Gmail does a good job on this. The GAA can hardly filter out emails from unknown addresses unless it keeps a database of all its member's emails.

If I need to receive an email from an unknown address I generally need to send them an email first to which they will reply, otherwise the filter will treat it as spam and it will go into junk. There are infinite variations of filters which treat spam differently of course.

nrico2006

Quote from: ck on May 16, 2023, 02:20:35 PM

What we know is that Nicola was brutally abused for 24years and was forced to turn to alcohol in an attempt to cope and save her kids. Witnesses have come forward to back up the allegations. Rory has not denied any aspect of the allegations and instead chose to smear his ex wife and use her alcohol problem as a deflection.

These are the facts.
Until there is a clear denial on his part then he can have no part in any GAA team and I believe Derry and Ulster GAA should be much stronger on this in public as I believe they are behind the scenes. As it stands Gallagher will never be involved in the GAA again.

We don't know for a fact that she was abused for 24 years and so forth. A Facebook post doesn't turn someone's narrative into undeniable truth.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

These are the facts.
Taking the football out of it seems to have helped.

thebuzz

Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 09:26:10 AM
Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 11:54:05 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 10:48:30 PM
Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 09:04:45 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:15:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2023, 07:48:55 PM
What does it matter if the accuser's father emailed the Derry board?  Surely if someone emailed my work with such an accusation they would be told wrong direction, contact the police.

Not really.

Do you think is all the responsibility a community sports organisation has?
Do you think that's what their members would want?
Do you think that what their sponsors would want?
Do you think that's what potential funding agencies would want?
Do you think that would be the best way to protect the game that you are there to nurture would be?

The matter will have to be fully investigated. Was the mail sent? Was it received? Who the did the recipient share it with? What they do next? These should not be difficult questions to answer.

Sponsorship and funding needs to go into domestic violence ... Nurturing your club and it's members also needs role models and lessons that no man \ woman has any right ever to lift their hand to someone ..

Genuinely think you are just being obtuse here.

Do you accept that Derry, if they received this warning, had a duty to act?

Can I get clarity on this .. Being a female poster and being called obtuse .. Am I ' annoyingly , insensitive, or slow to understand ' or am less than180 degrees "?

Slow to understand. Wilfully so I would guess.
leenie I THINK smelmoth was replying to nrico2006 and mixed your reply up with the latter's. There is no way the statement highlighted in bold could be described as obtuse.

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 16, 2023, 03:26:32 PM

These are the facts.

We don't know for a fact that she was abused for 24 years and so forth. A Facebook post doesn't turn someone's narrative into undeniable truth.
We  know that she made a complaint about domestic abuse but that the PPS didn't go ahead with it.
I don't know what the relevance of 24 is, really. There is more data than just the FB post. 

ck

These are the facts.

Witnesses have come forward to state they witnessed actions referred to in her statement. This would suggest that the claims are factual.

nrico2006

Quote from: ck on May 16, 2023, 05:02:05 PM

These are the facts.

Witnesses have come forward to state they witnessed actions referred to in her statement. This would suggest that the claims are factual.

Where have you read testimony of impartial witnesses? Please don't tell me Facebook.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mourne Red

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 16, 2023, 08:17:53 PM

These are the facts.

Where have you read testimony of impartial witnesses? Please don't tell me Facebook.

Are you shagging RG on the side? Jesus never seen a man as passionate for him as you since the news broke

nrico2006

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 16, 2023, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 16, 2023, 08:17:53 PM

These are the facts.

Are you shagging RG on the side? Jesus never seen a man as passionate for him as you since the news broke

Very unlikeable individual but this trial by media craic sickens my hole.

seafoid

Exactly.

-------------------

Why don't you research coercive control?