Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: qz on May 12, 2018, 03:25:12 AM
More BS from McEntee in his article "Will Tyrone make home advantage count in Healy Park, Omagh? It was once the most feared fortress in Ireland"

Do any of you recall Omagh ever been a fortress.. love to see the evidence. It's one of my biggest worries for the Monaghan game, having to play it in Omagh.

Ditto. I'd rather be in Clones.

RedHand88

Quote from: longballin on May 11, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 10, 2018, 10:58:18 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 10, 2018, 10:34:35 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 10, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
I think it's fairly lazy of McEntee to be comparing Lee Brennan to Steven O'Neill or suggesting he is taking on that role, he's clearly not in that category at the minute (it doesn't take a football genius to point that out) but he's the best finisher we have got. It's an easy throw away line as a journalist to give a back handed criticism to say a player isn't as good as Steven O'Neill or another great player from their county. There aren't many forwards in the whole of Ireland as good as Stevie, is he going to go through every team in Ulster and say their best forward isn't as good as Steven O'Neill? If Lee kicks 1-5 or 0-6 or 0-8 in games be that from play or frees and doesn't do another thing then as far as I'm concerned it's his job done. I wouldn't be heaping pressure on him to be the next O'Neill but if he does turn into that type of player, what a bonus that would be.

he's hardy a journalist

Pundit then 🙄

former GAA player  8)

Sure we're all one of those.

redzone

Haven't been to see u17 yet but this lad hayes seems to be a strong player at full forward. Killyclogher lad, anybody at the games. We should win ulster again

Bendyerback

Quote from: redzone on May 13, 2018, 08:36:48 AM
Haven't been to see u17 yet but this lad hayes seems to be a strong player at full forward. Killyclogher lad, anybody at the games. We should win ulster again

He is a good one, very strong on the ball. Plays a bit of basket ball as well. He came on in the u17 final last year and scored a goal. He's worth watching.

Ty4Sam

U20's shaping up well this year. Gave a full strength Dublin a tanking in Dublin on Saturday.

Degrassi Hi

When are the Under 20's out in action V Monaghan.  Is it before the Senior game next Sunday or is there any curtain raiser at all?

Ty4Sam

Friday after the Tyrone match, 25th May, stand alone fixture in Healy park 8pm throw in.

bigpackiechestout

I heard Darragh Canavan isn't playing for the u20's this year and will be concentrating on club minor football instead, can anyone confirm this? If true this is arguably a smart move given he still has two years left at that grade. It will be interesting to see if he plays any part for Errigal seniors as the year progresses. Remember last year they used Peter Og McCartan (the same age then as Canavan is this year) as an impact sub throughout the championship to good effect.

The Golden Years

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 14, 2018, 03:22:49 PM
I heard Darragh Canavan isn't playing for the u20's this year and will be concentrating on club minor football instead, can anyone confirm this? If true this is arguably a smart move given he still has two years left at that grade. It will be interesting to see if he plays any part for Errigal seniors as the year progresses. Remember last year they used Peter Og McCartan (the same age then as Canavan is this year) as an impact sub throughout the championship to good effect.
Peter Og was more developed physically.Not sure if young Canavan has the physical build to play senior football yet. 

GetOverTheBar

He's playing for them as is.

Jeremiah O

Is there another match on before the senior game this Sunday?
Unconquered and unconquerable

Bendyerback

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 14, 2018, 04:03:34 PM
Peter Og was more developed physically.Not sure if young Canavan has the physical build to play senior football yet.

Peter Og is physically stronger. His boxing training stands by him. A great impact sub for Errigal last year, but they panicked in the final an introduced him to early and he didn't have the desired effect. he might be a more permanent fixture this year I'd imagine.

redzone

Quote from: Jeremiah O on May 15, 2018, 08:42:22 AM
Is there another match on before the senior game this Sunday?

Ladies are playing
Who would be the top 3 stunners on the Tyrone ladies team

PMG1

Down v Monaghan U17's is the first game on Sunday.

southtyronegael

'the cream always rises to the top'. another amazingly insightful nugget from that visionary genious mickey harte which took up a full back page in todays irish news. who needs Confucius.