Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Captain Obvious

Switzerland wouldn't have scored from open play if they played another two games, Northern Ireland won't get many better opportunities to reach a World cup than that. The pitch was a joke for such a high profile game.

longballin

Played off the field first game cost them... be some girning now  ::)

clarshack

norn iron had their big chance to score. cleared off the line from the swiss in injury time.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: longballin on November 12, 2017, 06:52:32 PM
Played off the field first game cost them... be some girning now  ::)
No the officials seeing a foul on that penalty in the first game cost them

JPGJOHNNYG

Why didn't they play like that in the first leg. That boy Jones who came on was shite

Ronnie

Enthralling 0-0 game. Few idiots with jacks. Might bring one down Tues night to support the Londonderry wans..

bennydorano

Played well and always an entertaining side to watch. Gerry Armstrong is a total wab. Davis is real quality.

Main Street

Even though the Swiss missed about 6 gilt edged chances to score, NI were a very different proposition this evening, a lot more positive and confident. In the end they had a very decent chance to bring it to ET.
That late Swiss sub Embolo was a breath of fresh air,  so un-Swiss like in everything he did.

Milltown Row2

Think NI had more chances on target away from home against a team 14 places better off than them.. as already said the Swiss did a job on NI in Windsor and NI played on the back foot in that game... be down hill for the NI team now, if O'Neil goes and the others retire be very difficult to replace
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

Michael got the right result. Off he can go to manage Scotland on three times the salary!

NI played at a level tonight I actually didn't think they were capable of. Fair to say they bossed most of that game. Well done to Michael for getting the best out of them...thats all any manager can do.

Plus he has got a big cloud hanging over him at present in his personal life that will help put tonight's disappointment for himself into perspective.

stew

Wow, why the hell did they not play like that at home?

The Swiss seriously rode their luck after failing to put away five or six great chances, they could have went out.

Davis was the best player on the field, tremendous example set by him, the north will regroup and will be serious contenders to make the Euros.

Well played lads, unlucky but overall the Swiss are in a different class.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Billys Boots

Quote from: bennydorano on November 12, 2017, 07:06:56 PM
Played well and always an entertaining side to watch. Gerry Armstrong is a total wab. Davis is real quality.

+3
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

GJL

If a team can't score a single goal in 180+ minutes then they can have no complaints about exiting a competition.