The Masters 2020

Started by Boycey, November 09, 2020, 09:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Yep. Lucky to be only 2 over.

That provisional on 13 was terrible, too rushed but considering he's slow as fcuk it's like the pressure is showing already.

OgraAnDun

The wheels are back on unfortunately after two birdies in a row.

Boycey

A lot of good scoring, ignoring the obvious I guess.....

Conditions may get a little trickier today. There was one ball this morning, from Hatton I think, that pitched well up the green yet trundled back into the water. That's the Augusta we know and love.

Boycey

Good effort by McIlroy today to get back in the tournament.

Golf is a crazy game when you think about it. McIlroy started on the 10th this morning and played 9 holes poorly in 39 shots... A short 30 min break, back onto the same tee and plays the same 9 in 32 shots  :o

SHEEDY

Leaderboard getting very congested, good to see the cream starting to come to the top, sets up a brilliant weekend. Hopefully my pre tournament bets on Patrick Cantley and xander schauffele continue their good form through the weekend  :)
nil satis nisi optimum

Orior

Quote from: Boycey on November 13, 2020, 08:15:28 PM

Golf is a crazy game when you think about it. McIlroy started on the 10th this morning and played 9 holes poorly in 39 shots... A short 30 min break, back onto the same tee and plays the same 9 in 32 shots  :o

Yes indeed. I hope its not Rory's one good round.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Orior on November 13, 2020, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 13, 2020, 08:15:28 PM

Yes indeed. I hope its not Rory's one good round.

McIlroy can't cope with the pressure and you don't win the masters without a caddie ffs  ::)

Rahm looking good at this stage but long way to go

JPGJOHNNYG

OgraAnDun

There's a poor golfer hitting some decent shots in Augusta today (and yesterday)

bannside

Wish I was such a busted flush.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 14, 2020, 06:36:39 PM
Rory on a charge

lads seriously, give it up, say what you see not what you hope, mcilroy hasn't a prayer

Will it ever end

Did Tiger Woods not win the masters last year without a caddie?

thebigfella

Quote from: dublin7 on November 09, 2020, 10:54:37 PM
I might not watch alot of golf, but I do watch the news and read the newspapers. He's the hardest hitting player on the tour and was on course to set a tour record a few months ago. There were articles in the paper at the weekend speculating how low he could score with his big hitting and wide fairways this week.

The bookies aren't stupid and they have him favourite for a reason.

Golf is a fickle mistress

screenexile

Quote from: Will it ever end on November 14, 2020, 09:13:45 PM
Did Tiger Woods not win the masters last year without a caddie?

No... Joe Le Cava is a veteran caddie for years.

Also McIlroy isn't struggling because of his caddie!! And it's been 4 years if he wasn't any good he wouldn't still be there!!

Boycey

Won't make any difference to the outcome but a little insight there as to why Tiger was the best. Struggling with injury takes an embarrassing 10 at the par 3 12th, birdies 5 of the final 6 holes... Some operator  8)