New Hurling Championship Format

Started by manfromdelmonte, May 10, 2017, 08:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I don't think you can blame Sky for this. It's a direct reaction to the Super 8 in football. The hurling lads were afraid that their games would be swamped with football games.

Is there a published calendar for 2018 yet?

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2017, 11:37:10 AM
I don't think you can blame Sky for this. It's a direct reaction to the Super 8 in football. The hurling lads were afraid that their games would be swamped with football games.

From what I understand there's only a handful of hurling championship games in July next year and one in August and that's it.

I don't blame Sky at all. It's O'Fearghail and Duffy and co that sicken me.

AZOffaly

In all seriousness, If there is any chance for Tipp, Cork, Clare, Limerick or Waterford to fall out of the Liam McCarthy directly,this would be canned the next year.

johnneycool

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 02, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

From what I understand there's only a handful of hurling championship games in July next year and one in August and that's it.

Who is on this latest Hurling Development group? I lose track of them.

redsetanta

Once there is promotion between the different tiers that is the main thing for so called weaker teams to aspire to. If they are not in a position to compete to get into the higher tier then it is a waste of time.
The football championship could learn from the tiered system in hurling.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

AZOffaly

Quote from: redsetanta on October 02, 2017, 04:11:37 PM
Once there is promotion between the different tiers that is the main thing for so called weaker teams to aspire to. If they are not in a position to compete to get into the higher tier then it is a waste of time.
The football championship could learn from the tiered system in hurling.

These guys were all supposed to be on the same 'tier'.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2017, 03:29:02 PM
In all seriousness, If there is any chance for Tipp, Cork, Clare, Limerick or Waterford to fall out of the Liam McCarthy directly,this would be canned the next year.
It would be gas if Kilkenny fell out because the backs are so crap
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

redsetanta

For Laois, Carlow, Westmeath etc the format regarding the championship relegation/promotion is basically the same is it not?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: redsetanta on October 02, 2017, 04:54:54 PM
For Laois, Carlow, Westmeath etc the format regarding the championship relegation/promotion is basically the same is it not?
why can't Westmeath and Laois play in Leinster and Galway can

Asal Mor

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 02, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

Yeah apparently April will be kept free for the clubs. The round Robins and provincial finals will be played in May and June. Quarters and Semis in July. Final in August. That's what  I've read anyway though haven't seen any fixture calendar yet.