NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Quote from: redsetanta on February 03, 2020, 02:14:41 PM
Munnelly's championship debut was in 2003. Into his 18th year playing for Laois!

I remember him against Armagh, All Ireland Q/Final in 2003, seems like last year!  That game was a feature event on my stag weekend .... ah times were good then.

Croí na hÉireann

2 points left up in Cavan Saturday evening. Westmeath by far the better team in the first half, should have been more than 5 in front at half time. Indiscipline didn't help us there, didn't see what Coroon did for the black but McGivneys was 100% deserved. Cavan's changes at half time gave them fresh impetuous and they started kicking outrageous points to draw level. Getting our extra man back and Luke onto the field helped us turn the tide and should have coasted home when we went 6 up. Cavan kept kicking outrageous points for fun and we couldn't kill their momentum. Our fate was probably sealed when Ronan O'Toole got a black for reaching for a ball, the word deliberate should be underlined and in bold in the rule book. Then to cap the evening off what I presume was a mishit fisted attempt at a point went in off Carberry's leg. Lots of learnings in it for Westmeath. First thing they should look at is what Cavan did after the goal to kill the game. Something we should have done to kill Cavan's momentum in the second half when we had the extra man. Could be 2 very crucial points dropped, need to get the win next Sunday now.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

illdecide

There will be some squeaky bums come Sunday evening in this Division...I suppose all winners from this weekend climb the table and all losers drop towards relegation and are under severe pressure, the table will def be interesting come Sunday evening. I suspect 1 or 2 teams tipped for promotion could find themselves in a relegation dog fight and no doubt there will be someone relegated to Div 3 who were tipped for promotion but who will it be...Armagh?, Kildare? or Roscommon?

Armagh v Kildare Draw

Roscommon v Clare home win

Westmeath v Fermanagh Draw

Laois v Cavan home win

The only two predictions i'm confident off above is Rossies to beat Clare and Laois to beat Cavan, the other two were head wreckers so i sat on the fence.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2020, 09:47:04 AM
There will be some squeaky bums come Sunday evening in this Division...I suppose all winners from this weekend climb the table and all losers drop towards relegation and are under severe pressure, the table will def be interesting come Sunday evening. I suspect 1 or 2 teams tipped for promotion could find themselves in a relegation dog fight and no doubt there will be someone relegated to Div 3 who were tipped for promotion but who will it be...Armagh?, Kildare? or Roscommon?

Armagh v Kildare Draw

Laois v Cavan home win

The only two predictions i'm confident off above is Rossies to beat Clare and Laois to beat Cavan, the other two were head wreckers so i sat on the fence.

I think Armagh will beat Kildare with a bit to spare
Fermanagh will beat Westmeath
Rossies will beat Clare
And I fancy Cavan to beat Laois

Rudi

Armagh Fermanagh Roscommon & Laois to win

Dinny Breen

Draw, Laois, Fermanagh, Roscommon
#newbridgeornowhere

five points

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2020, 11:08:57 AM

Rossies will beat Clare

So do I, for all 4.

illdecide

Armagh v Kildare Draw

Laois v Cavan home win

Rossies will beat Clare

Hello Itchy, did you watch them v Laois

AFM

Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2020, 12:39:22 PM

Armagh v Kildare Draw

Laois v Cavan home win

Rossies will beat Clare

He'd hardly go and watch his native Cavan  ;D 

Itchy

Armagh v Kildare Draw

Laois v Cavan home win

Rossies will beat Clare

No, I was in Breffni watching Cavan. For me Kildare are over hyped as they are in Leinster and everyone wants to pretend there are coming teams that can take on the dubs. Same as Meath. Armagh have genuinely good forwards and have good enough midfielders too. I put Laois result down to over confidence and maybe over training. I believe ye will target your home games against your immediate rivals. So thats what I based it on.

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 04, 2020, 12:23:49 PM
Draw, Laois, Fermanagh, Roscommon
Wouldn't be too confident in our lads I'm afraid.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2020, 04:56:25 PM
No, I was in Breffni watching Cavan. For me Kildare are over hyped as they are in Leinster and everyone wants to pretend there are coming teams that can take on the dubs. Same as Meath. Armagh have genuinely good forwards and have good enough midfielders too. I put Laois result down to over confidence and maybe over training. I believe ye will target your home games against your immediate rivals. So thats what I based it on.

So you don't believe that Laois have used voodoo to ensure that they always beat Armagh?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Armagh v Kildare Draw

Laois v Cavan home win

Rossies will beat Clare

Fair enough point...just wish i had your optimism

illdecide

Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2020, 09:53:24 PM

So you don't believe that Laois have used voodoo to ensure that they always beat Armagh?

Them hoors have had our number for some time now...sick of it.

Blowitupref

A injury hit year for Roscommon. Two starters ruled our for the rest of the league. https://www.rte.ie/amp/1113235/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose