Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Hardy

Yes. How do you draw from that your conclusion "so it would only be stupid to ban Crayford from speaking at the pro-Isreali event"?

seafoid

Is Seymour born again along the lines of the rev Wlilliam McCrea? Is it something in the water up there?

I remember talking to a woman from Cavan once who told me that Barry's tea was for black protestants.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

glens abu

Quote from: Hardy on June 15, 2010, 12:51:28 PM
Yes. How do you draw from that your conclusion "so it would only be stupid to ban Crayford from speaking at the pro-Isreali event"?

I just think that  section 31 and if Crayford was banned both to be disgraceful and a denial of freedom of speech which should not be tolerated in any democracy.I would say the people who  introduced and enforced section 31were anything but stupid.I think they were politicians who would have been better suited to Nazi Germany or North Korea than a democratic Republic.

seafoid

Nice to see Tommy Sands supporting the Palestinian victims of ethnic cleansing in East Jerusalem

A Special Protest Vigil in Sheikh Jarah

And a Concert by Irish Folk Singer
Tommy Sands
on Friday 18/6/10 at 16:00

Meeting point: Sheikh Jarah garden, Nablus Road street, near the American Colony hotel

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2010, 11:45:40 AM
  I don't see what the problem is with members of Friends of Israel from meeting and giving their viewpoints. The lines are marked to their support for the rights of Israel to exist, to exist free from attack, the threat of attack and defend itself from both. Quite basic stuff unless you disagree with Israels' right to exist like some of israel's rabid neighbouring fanatic leaders.
Certainly lines would be crossed if the Friends of Israel was used as a platform to support Israels' blockade of Gazza,.

The horse has already bolted regards the justification for the continuation of the blockade. This "independent" commission appears to be composed of people with similar leanings. Not only that, the scope of the tribunal is probably within very strictly defined, legalistic parameters. In the end, they might only give their opinion as to whether the boarding and seizure of the flotilla ships was in accordance with maritime law, which is not at all the major concern of humanitarians.

What about the right to build settlements and Israeli only roads in occupied territory? Does Israel have the right to do this?

mylestheslasher

I don't see what the problem is with members of Friends of Israel from meeting and giving their viewpoints. The lines are marked to their support for the rights of Israel to exist, to exist free from attack, the threat of attack and defend itself from both. Quite basic stuff unless you disagree with Israels' right to exist like some of israel's rabid neighbouring fanatic leaders.
Certainly lines would be crossed if the Friends of Israel was used as a platform to support Israels' blockade of Gazza,.

The horse has already bolted regards the justification for the continuation of the blockade. This "independent" commission appears to be composed of people with similar leanings. Not only that, the scope of the tribunal is probably within very strictly defined, legalistic parameters. In the end, they might only give their opinion as to whether the boarding and seizure of the flotilla ships was in accordance with maritime law, which is not at all the major concern of humanitarians.

I posted a few articles on this the last time you brought it up and you never commented on them, the refuted the claim that Irans prime minister ever said he wanted to wipe Israel of the map. Do you still contend that he did or do you accept, like I do, that he was intentionally misquoted to stir anti Iranian hatred?

Main Street

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 15, 2010, 06:08:40 PM

I posted a few articles on this the last time you brought it up and you never commented on them, the refuted the claim that Irans prime minister ever said he wanted to wipe Israel of the map. Do you still contend that he did or do you accept, like I do, that he was intentionally misquoted to stir anti Iranian hatred?

Did you reply to something I wrote?
I never wrote anything about the Iranian PM.

You posted some article some time ago that wasn't worth passing comment on. 
It is entirely your prerogative if you wish to believe such stuff as gospel.
The comments by the Iranian president Ahmadinejad and ex president Rafsanjani are vouched for, and were even passed on by the Iranian state news agency.
Only the other day I heard an interview with another maniac, the Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs, still moaning about Europe making the Islam world pay for its own crimes against Jews. And that the establishment of Israel was a conspiracy by the West against Islam.
Quite frankly these Iranian political leaders are demagogues and engage in demagoguery of the lowest sort against Jews.

Arthur_Friend

Main Street, why is this state which only wants to exist, to exist free from attack, and the threat of attack from its neighbours building illegal settlements in occupied territory?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2010, 09:00:08 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 15, 2010, 06:08:40 PM

Did you reply to something I wrote?
I never wrote anything about the Iranian PM.

You posted some article some time ago that wasn't worth passing comment on. 
It is entirely your prerogative if you wish to believe such stuff as gospel.
The comments by the Iranian president Ahmadinejad and ex president Rafsanjani are vouched for, and were even passed on by the Iranian state news agency.
Only the other day I heard an interview with another maniac, the Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs, still moaning about Europe making the Islam world pay for its own crimes against Jews. And that the establishment of Israel was a conspiracy by the West against Islam.
Quite frankly these Iranian political leaders are demagogues and engage in demagoguery of the lowest sort against Jews.

Why was it not worth passing comment on? It gave a word by word translation of what the Iranian PM actually said, as opposed to the quotes provided by to us all by the US media. I'm not saying the country is an idealic place but it is certainly no worse than Israel. If you can provide me a link to an article that quotes the entire speech and show me where he said he wants Israel wiped of the map I will take that on board and maybe I will change my mind.

omagh_gael

Finally some good news, well done to all those involved in the free Gaza movement and especially to those who died two weeks ago. At least your heroic actions have resulted in a small step forward for the people of Gaza

Israel cabinet votes to ease Gaza Strip blockade

Israel has announced it will ease the land blockade of the Gaza Strip and allow more civilian goods to enter the Palestinian territory.

The move comes amid growing international pressure to end the embargo.

An Israeli raid on an aid flotilla attempting to break the blockade last month was widely condemned.

Nine Turkish activists died in the commando raid on the flotilla in international waters.

The decision to ease the blockade, agreed by Israel's security cabinet after a two-day meeting, will see the expansion of the number of products Israel will allow into Gaza, including construction materials.

The international Middle East Envoy, Tony Blair, had indicated that Israeli leaders would agree to a partial lifting of the blockade.

Israel and Egypt tightened their blockade on Gaza after the Islamist Hamas movement took control of the Palestinian territory in 2007.

Israel says the aim of the blockade is to prevent war material entering Gaza while allowing the entry of humanitarian aid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10338199.stm

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2010, 09:00:08 PM

And that the establishment of Israel was a conspiracy by the West against Islam.
[/quote]

Why was Israel established on the land of the Palestinians? Because it was cheaper than giving the Zionists land in Europe. where did the zionists come from ?  Where were Shimon Peres or Golda Meir born? Not in the Middle East.
The establishment of Israel went  against all justice .

give her dixie

Well folks, due to the messages of support, I have decided that I am returning to the board.
When I said I was not coming back, it was said following a meeting with survivors from the Flotilla.

I was in London, and met up some of my friends who were on board. Their stories are horrific,
and what they witnessed and endured can't really be put into words. Then, the following morning,
I read the absurd comments made against me personally, and just thought why should I bother.

However, following the messages of support both through the board, and from others who know me personally,
I have decided to return and contribute once again. I will ignore the couple of people who seem to have a personal
vendetta against me, and if we all ignore their nonsense, we can have better discussions.

Anyhow, as the dust is settling on what was a horrendous attack on unarmed humanitarians in International waters,
many things are starting to change. The world has finally got a glimpse of what the situation is like in Gaza, and how
once again Israel, with full support from the US, went out and murdered innocent people in cold blood.

Israel set out to attack this boat from the day it was announced they would sail. In fact, they went as far as to
build a replica ship so as to practice their assualt. Footage of the Mavi Marmara on the ocean is different
to the balck and white footage they sold to the world. Flags, and the Mavi Marmara name do not appear in
the footage shown to the world from an hour or so after the attacks. Voice recordings were made up,
and photo's showing weapons were 2 years old.

2 people were murdered before 1 soldier came on board. Many others injured. They then boarded the boat,
and singled out people for execution. The US citizen was also singled out, and we know what happened to him.
They had a laminated booklet with various names, photo's, and descriptions. They knew who they wanted.

The 3rd person to die was the man in charge of the press room. He knew all the working of the internet,
and the live feed going out. He recieved a bullet between his eyes at close range. My friend was standing
next to him when this happened.

They then went on a rampage throughout the ship, and picked their targets. In total, 8 Turkish men, and a
US citizen were murdered, with 30 bullets fired. All but 2 were from close range, and from behind.

48 others were shot, and one of them is a good friend of mine. He had a miraclous escape, as he was shot at close
in the back of his head, and the bullet came out through his mouth. I can assure you he was very lucky, and he has
the scars to prove it. At this stage, everyone seems accounted for, and there is no one missing, despite numerous reports of 6 people still missing.

Another Widgery report is on the cards with Trimble as one of the Observers. The same Trimble who set up a
friends Of Israel group 24 hours after the attacks on the Flotilla. We all know the outcome of this........

Over £3 million in personal belongings has also been stolen by Israel during the raid. They took every penny and
credit card from everyone. They took every single camera, phone, luggage, and everyone had to return home
with the clothes they stood up in. The same clothes they wore during the attacks.
Oh, and the Israeli Occupation Forces who stole their stuff have been using their credit cards through out Israel.
Very moral army all right.........

Anyhow, more flotilla's are planned for Gaa. There is a Lebannese one sailing this weekend to Gaza, followed by reports of an Iranian one in 2 weeks time. Then, there is a Jewish boat sailing in July, and then in September another major Flotilla from across the world is planned.

To coincide with the September Flotilla, Viva Palestina are also heading back with another land convoy.
I will be taking part once again, and helping organise this next convoy. It is going to be a massive convoy, with many many groups and individuals from all over the world signing up to take part. We expect over 300 vehicles loaded with aid to take part.
So, if any of you out there want to get involved, just give me a shout.

People will probably ask us why we are going seeing as Israel promised last week to "Ease" the siege. Well, if anyone thinks that this is going to happen, well pigs will fly before that happens. The siege isn't going to be eased, and it is a complete lifting of the siege that needs to happen. Anything short of this is unnacceptable. Enough is enough, and it has to go.

So, we will be taking in humanitarian aid that is banned. Construction material that is banned. Paper for schools that is banned. Footballs for kids, that are banned, and anything else that is banned.

I know this is not the solution to their problems, buy hey, if we can help one person, we help them all. So, I expect to hear a bit of shit from certain quarters about going again, and not helping others. My answer to those is that if they feel strongly enough about other causes, then let them go and help them out.

So, that is where things stand at present, and I will keep everyone informed as plans unfold.
The support I have got from the board from the 1st moment I said I was going to Gaza has been amazing. I hope
I have educated many as to the real situation on the ground is like. Maybe some of you who disagree with personally,
will at least acknowledge that there is a major crisis in Gaza. Plus, by the responses I get from everyone, I too have learned along the way.

John
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher