The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 17, 2010, 10:07:39 PM
I thought that the player was technically onside but only technically. France were unlucky, most linesmen would have given that as offside.
It was marginal either way. France weren't unlucky, they were just push and showed zero ambition. The best team won. Although they're not out of it, if they continue in the same vein they're fucked.

mc_grens

Quote from: Boycey on June 17, 2010, 02:47:22 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on June 17, 2010, 02:33:49 PM
Quote from: paco on June 17, 2010, 02:29:31 PM
Great performance from Messi. Question, if a player scores a hat trick does that mean he has to get man of the match? My fantasy team is going to suffer as a result!

Go back to the museum Diego... Lionel Messi is the best player I've ever seen.

Messi not in same league as his mentor.......... yet

One thing I think people aren't taking into account enough. Lionel Messi is 23. At 23 Maradona was having an OK world cup in '82.

If Messi continues to improve in the next four years into the nest World Cup he will be 27. Maradona was 26 in Mexico, and at his absolute peak. Messi potentially isnt there as yet.

paco

Messi's only 22 and he's arguably had more success at club level. Playing a great tournament so far, but I wonder if we'll see the foundation of the Church of Messi after this tournament :D

Main Street

The RTE panel were drowning themselves in the in the shallow end, grasping for the underlying psychological reasons to support their pet theory, that the French players did not want to perform for their country and laying much of the fault on Domenech etc.  Dunphy (ever the master of the self contradiction) made the bizarre claim that all the Irish players went out to play for their country and perform as best they could, no matter who the manager was.
You don't say, Eamon.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on June 17, 2010, 11:47:42 PM
The RTE panel were drowning themselves in the in the shallow end, grasping for the underlying psychological reasons to support their pet theory, that the French players did not want to perform for their country and laying much of the fault on Domenech etc.  Dunphy (ever the master of the self contradiction) made the bizarre claim that all the Irish players went out to play for their country and perform as best they could, no matter who the manager was.
You don't say, Eamon.
Including the English and Scottish Irish players.

GBXII

"Analysis" of the game tonight on RTE was utter sh1t. Whelan and Dunphy are two of the worst analysts around and Bill starting to sound awful old...Hamman seems pretty good though in fairness.

Aerlik

Quote from: ONeill on June 17, 2010, 09:55:09 PM
France have been crap for 3 years now.

...and where are those who said we should have been there instead?  Just imagine how embarrassing it would have been.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on June 17, 2010, 11:47:42 PM
You don't say, Eamon.

It was like being in a taxi in Dublin listening to the driver explaining that O'Connell St is the widest street in Europe and that everyone loves Ireland because we are great. Maybe that is Eamon's job, to be the taxi driver of the nation.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ballinaman

Even though it's an Ivory Coast Flag....fair play Mexico!!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Aerlik on June 18, 2010, 04:11:57 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 17, 2010, 09:55:09 PM
France have been crap for 3 years now.

...and where are those who said we should have been there instead?  Just imagine how embarrassing it would have been.

Sure we were nearly there aerlik, just a couple of bad results in slovakia and the czech republic ;)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

A Quinn Martin Production

David James in goal for England tonight
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Doogie Browser

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 18, 2010, 09:52:33 AM
I thought the point of changing was to strengthen?!  James is a disaster too so I am delighted!

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 18, 2010, 09:57:03 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 18, 2010, 09:52:33 AM
I thought the point of changing was to strengthen?!  James is a disaster too so I am delighted!

Strange one alright as last week James was Capello's no 3.  If we heard Argentina were going to play their 3rd choice keeper in an important match we'd be rolling the eyes.  However Algeria are shite so I expect Eng to win 3-1.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Doogie Browser

Some strange goings on by Capello. he played Upson in half of qualifying games yet now does not seem to trust him at all, opting for Carragher who I think it is fair to say had a poor season by his very high standards.  His lack of pace was badly exposed by a shite American player last sat night.

gallsman

Will Spurs want Giovani back or will they sell hi or ship him out on loan again? He's been excellent in both matches so far. Deceptively strong too, did some great holdup play last night.