The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

pintsofguinness

Is anyone else sitting cringing at Alan Shearer talking to these people?

black man said something about being segregated and shearer goes "and how did that make you feel"
CRINGE!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bogball XV

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 17, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:32:58 PM
I'm with ronnie, he was onside, why is dunphy arguing this?

yeah, onside....Dunphy and Giles have this superiority copmplex over guests.
and now they trot out the rules, which don't change anything, but say that eamon has been vindicated ???

paco

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:34:13 PM
Quote from: paco on June 17, 2010, 09:32:23 PM
Think everyone on here is underestimating the rivalry between the South American teams, I'd be surprised if both settle for a draw. Anyway, France have to beat South Africa, can't see that happening.
Mexico aren't south american, players are pragmatic, mexico took argies to extra time in the last world cup.

That clears that up, forgot Mexico played in CONCACAF, simple mistake to make... :D

Anyway, it's irrelevant as I can't see France beating South Africa. They'll have the home support and France didn't look interested tonight when there was something to play for so doubt they will be next time.

Bogball XV

Quote from: paco on June 17, 2010, 09:43:14 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:34:13 PM
Quote from: paco on June 17, 2010, 09:32:23 PM
Think everyone on here is underestimating the rivalry between the South American teams, I'd be surprised if both settle for a draw. Anyway, France have to beat South Africa, can't see that happening.
Mexico aren't south american, players are pragmatic, mexico took argies to extra time in the last world cup.

That clears that up, forgot Mexico played in CONCACAF, simple mistake to make... :D

Anyway, it's irrelevant as I can't see France beating South Africa. They'll have the home support and France didn't look interested tonight when there was something to play for so doubt they will be next time.
but if the south africans can manage to hit france for about 6 they can still progress :o

omagh_gael

Who plays first next time out? France game or Mexico game or are both played at the same time?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:42:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 17, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:32:58 PM
I'm with ronnie, he was onside, why is dunphy arguing this?

yeah, onside....Dunphy and Giles have this superiority copmplex over guests.
and now they trot out the rules, which don't change anything, but say that eamon has been vindicated ???

Yeah, i thnk that eamon should take out his glasses and have a closer l  :o k!

Bogball XV

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 17, 2010, 09:49:16 PM
Who plays first next time out? France game or Mexico game or are both played at the same time?
final group games at same time

ONeill

France have been crap for 3 years now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

I thought that Shearer piece was ok, but generally I am fed up witn the BBC breaking away from the football analysis at halftime for reports about this, that and the other. If I want to watch documentaries about Africa I can do that but this is the world cup. Stay focused on the action and analysis lads.

paco

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 17, 2010, 09:55:51 PM
I thought that Shearer piece was ok, but generally I am fed up witn the BBC breaking away from the football analysis at halftime for reports about this, that and the other. If I want to watch documentaries about Africa I can do that but this is the world cup. Stay focused on the action and analysis lads.

Agreed. They seem to repeat the same team news from the England camp at half time and full time in every match.

Capt Pat

I thought that the player was technically onside but only technically. France were unlucky, most linesmen would have given that as offside.

seafoid

He took the goal well.

It is funny watching Bill and Eamon discussing the French public. They have no idea. And then the only French they know is "c'est la vie". Imagine Tele France 1  discussing Ireland and mentioning leprechauns and then laughter after someone blurts out 'Pog mo thoin". 

There was no mention of the prostitution scandal that had Ribery involved- far more likely to have damaged the mood in the camp than Bill's race relations thesis.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Bogball XV

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 17, 2010, 10:07:39 PM
I thought that the player was technically onside but only technically. France were unlucky, most linesmen would have given that as offside.
exactly, i think we should castigate the linesman for making the right decision, but he was wrong in making it, in other words it would have been impossible for the human eye to make the call correctly, therefore whilst he was right, he was wrong (at least i think that's what eamo was saying) - time for video evidence?
And O'Neill is correct, we saw France against Ireland, they were shite, they also finished 4 odd points behind a fairly poor Serbian side in qualifying (they'll prob hammer german tomorrow now).
Quote from: seafoid on June 17, 2010, 10:12:45 PM

There was no mention of the prostitution scandal that had Ribery involved- far more likely to have damaged the mood in the camp than Bill's race relations thesis.   
Eamo mentioned it prior to kick off, I don't see why that would damaged the mood that much though, I suppose they may be thinking, there but for the grace of God :D

Main Street

Quote from: seafoid on June 17, 2010, 10:12:45 PM

It is funny watching Bill and Eamon discussing the French public. They have no idea. And then the only French they know is "c'est la vie". Imagine Tele France 1  discussing Ireland and mentioning leprechauns and then laughter after someone blurts out 'Pog mo thoin". 

Spot on Seafold, they are spoofing out of their backsides, but most Irish viewers seem to regard that type of thing as educational entertainment.