The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2010, 09:45:38 AM
In fairness I saw Davids earlier this year doing Champions League games, possibly with ITV  and he was very insightful. He was able to say quite clearly what the teams were doing tactically, it stuck in my mind because Andy Townsend was sitting next to him and had a look on his face as if Davids was discussing quantam physics.

Maybe he's just in a very bad mood, though being stuck between Southgate and Chiles would put anyone in bad form.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

paco

I think Jurgen Klinnsman is a good pundit, liked him on Champions League on sky as well. Seems that the foreigners have a better understanding than the Brits of their own game :D

Hoof Hearted

Do what i do, once the HT and FT whistles go, switch over to something else. I dont listen to so called expert analysis. If you know anything about the game, you dont need an ex professional footballer or current PL manager to tell you that

"he should have scored there"
"the linesman was wrong, it was onside"
"that was a clear foul"

etc, etc

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

gallsman

When will UK commentators ever get over the fact that Forlan wasn't as good in the Premiership in Spain? They all acknowledge that he's become a world class striker since he left United, but always have to quailfy it. The season before he left, had he not started to score more frequently, although obviously not as much as at Villareal or Atletico? I specifically remember he developed a knack for scoring some pretty important goals for them, such as the two at Anfield.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: gallsman on June 17, 2010, 11:27:31 AM
When will UK commentators ever get over the fact that Forlan wasn't as good in the Premiership in Spain? They all acknowledge that he's become a world class striker since he left United, but always have to quailfy it. The season before he left, had he not started to score more frequently, although obviously not as much as at Villareal or Atletico? I specifically remember he developed a knack for scoring some pretty important goals for them, such as the two at Anfield.

Would the UK commentators have left him out of their Fantasy Team  :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

seafoid

Will Dunphy and Giles still be there in 2030 ? the same 2 geezers since 1990 or were they on before that ?

Après Match has the best analysis. The rest of it is mostly padding. It's not just RTE or the English channels. French Tv is worse and there is no comedy element. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GBXII

Quote from: gallsman on June 17, 2010, 11:27:31 AM

Couldn't agree more tbh. The same lines spouted every time he goes near the ball. It's a bit ignorant really, and very patronising, because as you say it's not as if he was completely useless before he left United.

Aerlik

The commentator has just come out with this which I think is quite funny:
"Somehow the words 'God' and 'Maradona' go together; ask any Englishman"

they are still bleating about it.

And he's just backed it up with this:
"yellow for Jihun for a tackle on you-know-who; and he's not a Korean by the way."   :D
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Aerlik

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Capt Pat

Unlucky for the Korean defender. A great fast ball in by Messi and the defender was blinded or wrongfooted by the fact that 2 players should have got a touch on the ball and didn't. He didn't know what hit him.

Aerlik

And now he has declared that the World Cup has "been robbed of the likes of great players like Rio Ferdinand"  Pwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

argentina are ahead and the commentator is amusing me.  finally a game that I'm enjoying.

Capt Pat

Higuain is an outstanding centre forward and I feel certain he is about to score next........sorted

Capt Pat

Gutierrez should join Higuain on the bench.

Billys Boots

QuoteAny Higuain fans out there?

He's scored a second for Argentina - all over now.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...