?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

11/8 or 6/5 I seen is great odds.

Much prefer both teams to score, and a sending off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: bannside on December 07, 2019, 12:50:40 PM
Football Focus on now on BBC1. Had a 10 minute piece on John Mc Ginn. The guests on the show say hes worth £40m and one of the best young midfielders in the PL. Couldnt believe they got him for £3m from Hibs. Not one of Celtics better transactions!!!

Yeah, he's a good talent. Well worth that and has been really important in Villa's campaign so far this season.  Celtic were stingy and thought they 'd  get him on the chesp and shaft Hibs - big loss for them.  They tried the same with the Motherwell lad who then didn't pass the medical test.

under the bar

Quote from: marty34 on December 07, 2019, 11:26:47 AM
Quote from: illdecide on December 07, 2019, 10:19:47 AM
Guys how do you see tomorrow panning out? One part of me is nervous and one part of me is quite confident...my biggest concern is the Ref having the biggest influence on the game (penalty or sending off...or both) if 11 stays on the pitch you'd have to fancy Celtic. Morelos and Defoe are dangerous and are well capable of scoring but you feel Celtic have more of a goal threat from more positions that Sevco.
The other slight concern i have is NL seems quite relaxed and confident and saying like "it'll take a good team to beat us"...Don't give them any motivation or statements that can come back to bit you on the arse...
It's been a long time since Celtic have been 11/8 (odds checker) against any team in Scotland

Not sure if both Morelos and Defoe will both start. Might just start will onr up top and flood mid-field.  Be really good for Celtic to win it and put pressure on them before Christmas.  I'd say it'll be frantic and a few goals as well.

Morelos and Defoe don't start together as a standard Hun lineup

illdecide

Yeah i knew the both of them don't normally start together but one for the other one they'll have someone on during the 90 mins that is capable of scoring a goal from scraps. One minute i'm nervous and worried about tomorrow and the next i'm thinking Edouard & 3-0 ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

Quote from: marty34 on December 07, 2019, 01:57:59 PM
Football Focus on now on BBC1. Had a 10 minute piece on John Mc Ginn. The guests on the show say hes worth £40m and one of the best young midfielders in the PL. Couldnt believe they got him for £3m from Hibs. Not one of Celtics better transactions!!!

Yeah, he's a good talent. Well worth that and has been really important in Villa's campaign so far this season.  Celtic were stingy and thought they 'd  get him on the chesp and shaft Hibs - big loss for them.  They tried the same with the Motherwell lad who then didn't pass the medical test.

Well that's bollocks about Turnbull. Celtic would have paid 3.5m if there was no medical issue.
McGinn is good and we let one go there. However, what English clubs are willing to pay for average players should be no slight on Celtic. If McGinn was playing for us and putting in similar performances, there is no way anyone would pay us £40m. We might be lucky to get £30m for Edouard who is twice and more the player McGinn is. Edouard will eventually make a club VanDiyk money.
As for today 3-1 us or I'd take 6-0.

bannside

At some stage Celtic will be fending off offers of circa £10 - £15m for players like Mc Gregor and Christie. Is it not fair to say Mc Ginns up there in or around that bracket too?

Anyway that's hypothetical. Huge day today the build up on TV is starting and the house is filling up. Come on you Celts.

From the Bunker

Bookies have this as a virtual 50/50 game. Rangers at 13/8 and Celtic at 3/2.

illdecide

A bit worried now when i seen the team selection...obviously fitness/injuries has forced NL's hand. I hope i'm wrong but the last time we played a young lad (and small at that) up-front against these hoors we got our asses handed to us on a plate.

Our bench is really strong though which is a bonus and this match could be won from the bench
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Baile an tuaigh

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on December 08, 2019, 02:16:25 PM
A bit worried now when i seen the team selection...obviously fitness/injuries has forced NL's hand. I hope i'm wrong but the last time we played a young lad (and small at that) up-front against these hoors we got our asses handed to us on a plate.

Our bench is really strong though which is a bonus and this match could be won from the bench

Hayes at left back again??????

marty34

Quote from: ned on December 08, 2019, 11:50:03 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 07, 2019, 01:57:59 PM

Well that's bollocks about Turnbull. Celtic would have paid 3.5m if there was no medical issue.
McGinn is good and we let one go there. However, what English clubs are willing to pay for average players should be no slight on Celtic. If McGinn was playing for us and putting in similar performances, there is no way anyone would pay us £40m. We might be lucky to get £30m for Edouard who is twice and more the player McGinn is. Edouard will eventually make a club VanDiyk money.
As for today 3-1 us or I'd take 6-0.

Wrong, they messed about with Turnball and Motherwell first for a few weeks - offering peanuts first, then a few more peanuts before Motherwell told them to wise up and pay what he's worth.

paddyjohn

Absolute mince so far, Morgan isn't a even a reserve player.

bannside

Big Fraser keeping us in it. A lot of Celtics main men havdnf turned up...Mc Gregor Brown Christie Forrest...all muck so far! Bluenoses the better side so far. French Eddie badly needed at HT.

From the Bunker

The only positive from that first half is that it is 0-0!

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 08, 2019, 03:54:38 PM
The only positive from that first half is that it is 0-0!

True - only way it could get worse is if Rangers score. Very poor. Lennon doesn't seem to get his teams up for a battle.  They were under pressure from the first whistle and never got a foothold in game.

He needs to read riot act at half-time and give them them aroasting.