What has happened Ulster Football?

Started by Bud Wiser, July 20, 2010, 09:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 21, 2010, 10:57:21 AM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 21, 2010, 06:49:16 AM
That was why I started the thread but Nally Stand wanted to turn it into a political discussion rather than discuss the problem.

What has Sheehys point got to do with me or the debate on this thread??

And I've no intention of turning it into a debate. I see you as being nothing but a WUM in regards this thread and was only asking you to stop talking about "nordies". That wasn't an invitation to start a debate on partition or any other political discussion you know!

Would you ever get a grip.  There is a little window under your avatar at the top of the page, it has a "SEARCH" function.  Go and put "nordies" in there and select search and see how many times other posters have used the expression.  You will find about 400 posts but it is only when you disagree with something I said that it concerns you. The reason I said you were trying to turn it into a political debate was simply because I clicked on your profile and in your recent posts I clicked on page 44 and worked my way back and it would appear you are very informative on all matters Sinn Fein which is why you took issue.

QuoteBud, If I hear that term used again it won't just be Sludden talking of "free staters". Knock it off.

Was that a threat?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Zapatista

Bud, you are alledging sludden said something that could be insulting while using quotation marks to confirm it. Either you know he said it or you don't. Now put up or leave the man alone.

Bud Wiser

This thread is about the state of decline in Ulster Football, not about Sludden but as one who talks a fair amount of shite yourself, mostly unqualified, I never tell you what to put up or shut up so don't you get up on your righteous horse to tell me what I can say or not say.  The emphasis of my reply to Nally Stand was on was there a threat in his post, not on Sludden so keep your nose out of it.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Zapatista

This thread is nothing more than a soap box for you to say as you please and disguise it as tounge in cheek.

You and NS can go at it all day f you like. My gripe is that you are quoting a man while you do not know what he said.

Bud Wiser

The board in general is designed for exactley that reason, for everyone to say as they please, not for assholes to come alone and tell you to shut up.   

Zapatista

You can say what you like but you can expect to challenged on protraying hearsay as fact (in particular when is negative).

Bud Wiser

Now, I'm off to work but if you want I will pick up this conversation again.  I have no problem being challenged about anything I say, go ahead, challenge me but do not tell me to shut up. Another thing I will not tolerate is veiled threats.  If they are to continue then the board is finished.  You may not be aware of this but a certain poster on here received some of those type of threats and shortly after that, coincidently, but not necessarily because of the threats,  the four tyres on his car and the four tyres on his wifes car were slashed.   So if you, or anyone else for that matter want to challenge anything I say, do so, on this board but don't take the high ground and dictate who can say what and when they can say it.

PS.  I make it perfectly clear that Nally Stand and yourself are totally and absolutely far removed from the type of thing happened another poster and poor ould nally got uptight over the term nordies when he realized I was absolutley right about the decline in the standard of Ulster Football. 

Nally Stand

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 23, 2010, 08:48:50 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on July 21, 2010, 10:57:21 AM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 21, 2010, 06:49:16 AM
That was why I started the thread but Nally Stand wanted to turn it into a political discussion rather than discuss the problem.

What has Sheehys point got to do with me or the debate on this thread??

And I've no intention of turning it into a debate. I see you as being nothing but a WUM in regards this thread and was only asking you to stop talking about "nordies". That wasn't an invitation to start a debate on partition or any other political discussion you know!

Would you ever get a grip.  There is a little window under your avatar at the top of the page, it has a "SEARCH" function.  Go and put "nordies" in there and select search and see how many times other posters have used the expression.  You will find about 400 posts but it is only when you disagree with something I said that it concerns you. The reason I said you were trying to turn it into a political debate was simply because I clicked on your profile and in your recent posts I clicked on page 44 and worked my way back and it would appear you are very informative on all matters Sinn Fein which is why you took issue.

QuoteBud, If I hear that term used again it won't just be Sludden talking of "free staters". Knock it off.

Was that a threat?

Firstly, who cares how many times "nordie" appears on the site. It doesn't take away from the fact that I'm just asking you nicely not to use it. We're supposed to be a 32 county organisation in the GAA.
And the content of my previous posts on other threads has nothing to do with it. Fact is that I asked nicely for the term not to be used. I used the term "free stater" on this thread many times too until I was asked, in a similar fashion, to stop. I did so without accusing those who asked me to, of turning the thread into a political discussion.

Anyway, would you relax, it was a simple request and you have become slightly fixated with it. Any chance you could come down from your high horse and let us carry on with the topic of the thread??
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Zapatista

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 23, 2010, 09:43:17 AM
Now, I'm off to work but if you want I will pick up this conversation again.  I have no problem being challenged about anything I say, go ahead, challenge me but do not tell me to shut up. Another thing I will not tolerate is veiled threats.  If they are to continue then the board is finished.  You may not be aware of this but a certain poster on here received some of those type of threats and shortly after that, coincidently, but not necessarily because of the threats,  the four tyres on his car and the four tyres on his wifes car were slashed.   So if you, or anyone else for that matter want to challenge anything I say, do so, on this board but don't take the high ground and dictate who can say what and when they can say it.

PS.  I make it perfectly clear that Nally Stand and yourself are totally and absolutely far removed from the type of thing happened another poster and poor ould nally got uptight over the term nordies when he realized I was absolutley right about the decline in the standard of Ulster Football.

If you are going to pick it up again then please do so with us both starting from the same place. First of all you need to accept that I didn't ask you to shut up, I asked you to put up or leave the man (sludden) alone. But then again my whole point was your misleading posts so perhaps i'm wasting my time.

Also, if you wish to reply to Nally about threats and and argue over the use of words then go ahead but please reply to me separately. I get the feeling you are trying to drag my comment down to a childish level I don't get upset about. There is no link between Nally's view on the term 'nordies' and my view on misquoting.

EDIT- This is all conviently going off track. I've made my point.

southsidejohnny

There is nothing wrong with Ulster football. There is everything wrong in Connacht. Mayo and Galway are crap, Longford and Wexford have proved that. Roscommon proved it when they beat a poor Sligo side. Both will have their status confirmed over the next few weeks. Ros in div four with the following wins shows how poor the provinve is. They won once in the league and beat.....wait for it....London, Leitrim and Sligo to win a Connacht title. Now that is not awsome  no matter how you dress it up. Shite province , crap teams.

lynchbhoy

Bud et al.
I think this happens every couple of seasons or in parts of every season.
People say that standards in a certain province are falling or that standards in football/ hurling are falling.
Maybe its just that there is a levelling off of standards now !
Connacht, Leinster are both so even that they could be won by a handful of counties now rather than the one or two that were way above everyone else.
Ulster and Munster still have a couple of counties above the rest (Tyrone,Monaghan , Kerry, cork). the rest of the counties are on a par with the rest of the footballing counties in leinster and connacht. In ulster Derry and Donegal have dipped down again as both do year in year out, Down and Armagh are bringing up new young sides. Antrim have never been as good in decades. So I think Bud is fishing a bit here by suggesting there is a decline in ulster, Teams are always up and down. We always wanted competitveness in football and hurling and now we are getting it- we should be delighted that championship (in football at least) is getting close to being winnable by upwards of 12 counties (ok the top three still are a bit above- but the gap is closing).

heffo

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 23, 2010, 09:43:17 AM
Now, I'm off to work

You're some man Bud keeping those hours - you don't work in a Public Service union do you??!

Mickeys beard

After this weekend, things will be much clearer.  Strong possibility that there will be 3 Ulster teams, 2 Munster, 2 Leinster and one Connaught after the weekend.  If Ulster are left with just Tyrone flying the flag after Saturday, then maybe there is substance in the opening statement, the reason for this being Armagh and Derry's transitionary periods-hard to replace experience.  I fancy Down and Monaghan, though.
Boil the Drawers!

Main Street

Quote from: Zapatista on July 23, 2010, 09:32:44 AM
You can say what you like but you can expect to challenged on protraying hearsay as fact (in particular when is negative).
Are you harping on about  this from Bud?
QuoteWhat crap about Sludden, are you referring to where he told the Garda that he 'didn't want no state police protection'?
Quotation marks are used to indicate actual speech. Bud did not use quotation marks. The Apostrophe is not a quotation mark.
Feckin' Tyrone nordies and their 'sensitivities' ::) not just content to choke the life out the beautiful game they want to choke a decent wind-up thread with insipid pedantry.

armaghniac

Listening to Paddy Heaney on the RTE yesterday he suggested two things had happened. Armagh had lost top class players who were difficult to replace. For the other Ulster counties they had more quickly learned from Armagh and Tyrone aproaches earlier in the decade, but now these ideas were widespread so the Ulster advantage was lost.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B