Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Does Greenwood really need a kick up the arse or just the understanding that he's a 19 year old kid who's just finding his way and is bound to be inconsistent?

Rich Ricci

Well it's no coincidence that his form has dropped since the Iceland episode and being caught on video inhaling laughing gas so aye I would say that he would.

David McKeown

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 04, 2021, 09:51:30 PM
Game of two halves that match was tonight. Well organised Brighton deserved their 1st half lead while United stepped it up 2nd half for a hard earned win.

11 points ahead 5th of now with 8 games to play, a more and decent position to be in.

That's a little misleading. Both Everton and West Ham can move into top 4 if they win their games in hand so the gap is potentially only 8 points and Utd have some hard games left. I expect them to make it but I don't think it's as clear cut as BT were suggesting last night. I think the top 4 particularly 4th could be really tight.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Boycey

That's a snapshot of where Utd and Utd fans are at the minute. We're a minimum of 8 and possibly as many as 11 points clear of 4th with 8 games to go yet there is still that nagging doubt... It really should be as clear cut as BT were saying last night, but.......

Armagh18

Quote from: Boycey on April 05, 2021, 11:54:57 AM
That's a snapshot of where Utd and Utd fans are at the minute. We're a minimum of 8 and possibly as many as 11 points clear of 4th with 8 games to go yet there is still that nagging doubt... It really should be as clear cut as BT were saying last night, but.......
4th from now would be a woeful finish to the season. Should be aiming for a comfortable second and the Europa League.

Boycey

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 05, 2021, 04:14:53 PM
4th from now would be a woeful finish to the season. Should be aiming for a comfortable second and the Europa League.

That's sort of the point

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on April 05, 2021, 05:56:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 05, 2021, 04:14:53 PM

That's sort of the point

If we could win the Europa league then 2nd or 4th in league is irrelevant in my opinion. We will need to rest players if we do manage to progress in europe and  So blooding youngsters in some league games wouldnt be a bad thing.

nrico2006

United need to invest. Apart from Fernandes, its basically been the same side for two seasons. You look at the business done last summer and none if the purchases have been a regular in the team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Helix.

Lingard on form for West Ham tonight. Do Man Utd cash in in the summer or take a chance on him ?

nrico2006

Quote from: Helix. on April 05, 2021, 09:19:02 PM
Lingard on form for West Ham tonight. Do Man Utd cash in in the summer or take a chance on him ?

Cash in. No debate.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

macker15

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 05, 2021, 09:43:25 PM

Cash in. No debate.

Would echo. Playing brilliant but prob get extra 10-15 million.  You often see footballers suddenly play well when looking for new contract or club. Theo Walcott always had habit of playing well when contract was near expiry.

Nanderson

Quote from: macker15 on April 05, 2021, 10:20:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 05, 2021, 09:43:25 PM

Cash in. No debate.

Would echo. Playing brilliant but prob get extra 10-15 million.  You often see footballers suddenly play well when looking for new contract or club. Theo Walcott always had habit of playing well when contract was near expiry.
Would be a good leverage now to get Rice. They have a player that we want, and we have a player that I'm sure they would be keen on having.

macker15

Would looking at Ndidli ahead of Rice. Wouldn't be paying big money for Rice. Look at Rose and Dier spurs worth 50 mil each  3/4 years ago look at them now.

nrico2006

Going back to the Welbeck penalty claim, had another look at it and don't see how it wasn't given - looked a clear penalty.

From the Bunker

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 06, 2021, 09:41:49 AM
Going back to the Welbeck penalty claim, had another look at it and don't see how it wasn't given - looked a clear penalty.

Yeah it's a strange one.

Sky Sports refereeing pundit Dermot Gallagher said that he agreed that VAR could not overturn the decision.

"I think Mike Dean wasn't convinced it was a foul and the VAR can't intervene because being a subjective decision that it is... is it a coming-together or has he slipped?" said Gallagher.

"Mike Dean has a difficult call. He's not sure if Maguire catches Welbeck and the VAR, when he looks at it, has to go with the referee as it's not a clear and obvious error. It's one of those where you have to accept the ref's decision on the field and stand by it."