Peoples Accents

Started by Tankie, January 13, 2009, 12:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

derry city is brutal.girl in my class at uni never fucked up accent did my head as did she as she was a c**k!!

GalwayBayBoy

nrico2006

QuoteI wanna be worl chemian..........

Class.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ludermor

Sorry GBB i had to edit my post, not sure if it alters your post

thejuice

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 13, 2009, 01:31:30 PM
The county Louth accent is particularly bad imo.

Ardee has the best accent in Ireland.

But I noticed it too that there;s a load of girls going round with these 'put on' accents to supposedly make themselves more sophisticated.

"I mean you cant have Ugg boots and talk like a culchie now, Oh My GAAAAWWWWD how bad would that be!"

f**k Off ye gowl.

I've been living in England almost 6 years and havent lost the brogue at all and God forbid I ever do. And what is it with Irish lads calling their Ma, 'Mum', when the f**k did that start. To many watchin' that Corrie shite and readin' fuckin' tabloids?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Mayo4Sam

I always liked the Mayo accent, very proud of being from Mayo and glad that people can distinguish me as being from the west.
D4 wannabees are brutal, 5 minutes in dublin and u'd swear they were dalkey born and bred
In fairness some people do pick up accents handy enough, like people who move to the north and start saying aye or to Cork and saying boy, its just cause everyone else is
Not a fan of the Kerry accent, quiet like the Wexford accent
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thejuice on January 13, 2009, 03:56:35 PM

But I noticed it too that there;s a load of girls going round with these 'put on' accents to supposedly make themselves more sophisticated.

"I mean you cant have Ugg boots and talk like a culchie now, Oh My GAAAAWWWWD how bad would that be!"

f**k Off ye gowl.

I've been living in England almost 6 years and havent lost the brogue at all and God forbid I ever do. And what is it with Irish lads calling their Ma, 'Mum', when the f**k did that start. To many watchin' that Corrie shite and readin' fuckin' tabloids?

You might not have lost your accent but I bet there are certain words you pronounce with a hint of a English accent or say a phrase that would be English,its hard not to when your listening to it everyday..
I believe this is what is happening to me,I haven't lost my flat midlands accent but there are a couple of words or phrase's I'd use that are typically Dub..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

I use to go to school with a fella from Kilkenny,His Da was from Derry but this chap lived all his life in Kilkenny and he had the strongest Northern accent you could imagine..
He use to have great fun on the hurling pitch telling the lads he was marking that he was gonna get the IRA after them if they touched him.. :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

5 Sams

The Newry accent is cyat..."a see Down are playin Mannikin the marra nite in the fupball".

D4 airheads on the Today FM/2 FM traffic reports should be shot with a ball of their own shite..."there's a two mile tailback leading to the sithbind rindabite".

Have to say I love the old AJH accent..."bleedin stary bud".
The Aristocrat Years

mylestheslasher

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 13, 2009, 04:37:39 PM
The Newry accent is cyat..."a see Down are playin Mannikin the marra nite in the fupball".

D4 airheads on the Today FM/2 FM traffic reports should be shot with a ball of their own shite..."there's a two mile tailback leading to the sithbind rindabite".

Have to say I love the old AJH accent..."bleedin stary bud".

Did you ever hear them on the AA roadwatch when the pronounce Clones as Clones (as in Dolly the sheep clone) as opposed to Clone ess.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: thejuice on January 13, 2009, 03:56:35 PM

f**k Off ye gowl.

My missus started describing herself to the daughter as mommy. I nearly had a fit - It is 'mammy' for god sake.

Downcamog

Newry accent is brutal - work in the town but i'm a country girl at heart.  I find alot of Northern accents difficult to understand - Friend from Dunloy and the conversations in her house are classic.  Also at college with a girl from Craigbane (i think) 90% of the time never understood a word she said - just nodded in agreement.

illdecide

Lads i was listening to the radio there now and Wayne McCullagh (boxer) was on and he has a belfast/hollywood (USA) accent f**king brutal it was, worst ever...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Real Laoislad

Kenny Egan has a brutal accent
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mylestheslasher

Michael McMullan - what in the name of God happened him?