Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

I go with Dromard and Clonguish to reach final.

Also I cannot see Columbas losing to The Connollys. I know Laureleye will be watching game from behind his fingers on Sun but, c'mon, I know Mullinalagta hit the 'reverse' gear over the summer but, Jazes, it's The Connollys

On a lighter can I put on record my full support and alliegence to our new master and commander, Peter 'Payter' O'Reilly.

Shame that he'll hardly be umpiring again!

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 28, 2009, 05:31:14 PMAlso I cannot see Columbas losing to The Connollys. I know Laureleye will be watching game from behind his fingers on Sun

I tried that for the Granard match. Didn't work.

Quotebut, c'mon, I know Mullinalagta hit the 'reverse' gear over the summer

By the looks of things, they've discovered a new "implode" gear.

Quotebut, Jazes, it's The Connollys

They may only have won one match so far this year but tomorrow would be enough for them :/

QuoteOn a lighter can I put on record my full support and alliegence to our new master and commander, Peter 'Payter' O'Reilly.

Shame that he'll hardly be umpiring again!

John Miskella lets out a sigh of relief....
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

Well, Dromard bate 12 bales of shite out of Abbeylara.

All eyes on later today....

Shamrock Shore

Oh dear.

Connollys win by 6 points.

Disaster for Mullinalaghta and Laureleye.

LaurelEye

Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

I feel for the half-parish, genuinely.

I've had no word on last night's proceedings - what happened?

And good luck to Paythur.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Clonguish win it with a late late goal.

Them v Dromard in final.

Billys Boots

Probably the 'form' final, in fairness.

The Forfeit Point

after seeing what dromard did to abbeylara, its shown all of us where we stand in the pecking order in longford club football. its going to be a long time before sean connolly is back in the town, especially after seeing the humiliation of our minors in the semi final :-[ :(

what on earth happened mullinalaghta im shocked about that result? they were going great showing real promise. at the start of the year i thought they might reach a semi final.

Billys Boots

I think Dromard have learned how to 'play' most/all of the clubs in the county, tactically.  I don't see Clonguish having the wherewithall for them in the final, though I'd imagine that Clonguish would want to be playing them (rather than Ballymahon) in the final.  That said, Dromard can do the grind better than Ballymahon when they feel like it.

LaurelEye

Billys Boots

What's everyone's call for Sunday - can't see past the Swampies myself, unless: (a) they have a mare, succumbing to their hype (please, please, please!  :)), or (b) Dowd and the Bardens all have the games of their lives (which is a tall order).  Dromard, by 5

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 09, 2009, 11:07:12 AM
What's everyone's call for Sunday - can't see past the Swampies myself, unless: (a) they have a mare, succumbing to their hype (please, please, please!  :)), or (b) Dowd and the Bardens all have the games of their lives (which is a tall order).  Dromard, by 5.

It would be ironic if Dromard's closest shave in the Championship this year was to come from the team that got relegated to Intermediate  :-[