Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 08, 2008, 08:22:14 AM
In fairness to

No actuallly I won't go there - WTF is Paddy O'Connor????

Slashers panellist.

QuoteIt's getting more and more like a shaggin Bebo page every day.

We haven't had the going-away party pictures from The Spiral Tree yet.

QuoteCop on Webmasters FFS  >:(

Do you not know better at this stage?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

The Forfeit Point

hes a sound lad and all but id say hes embarrassed by that, such a joke of a site

LaurelEye

Congratulations to Edgytown on finally making it back up to Division 1 :)

I see Colmcille will have to wait another week to see who or where they play in Leinster.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

More bizarreness in Crayonland - I see Killoe Ladies are (apparently) Leinster Champions, but there's no score given, no opposition and (obviously) no report.  Clonguish are also apparently Leader Cup winners, but there's only a few lines about that too.  Is this crap paid for by the county board?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Although Mostrim technically did make it to Division 1 I think it will be all for nothing as the Leagues are in for a major overhaul. There is a question over the Div 2 trophy and whether Mostrim and Killoe have to play off for it.

In any event beating Ardagh in anything always improves an Edgeworthstown man's humour.

Billys Boots

What's the jackanory - are we off to Carla next Sunday?

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 03, 2008, 11:51:42 AM
What's the jackanory - are we off to Carla next Sunday?

From the Crayonsite:

QuoteColmcille away to Eire Óg, Carlow this Sunday

Longford Senior Football Championship winners for 2008 - Colmcille - are away to the Carlow Counrt champions Eire Óg this coming Sunday, 9th November at 2.30pm in Dr. Cullen Park, Carlow in the quarter-finals of the AIB Leinster Club Football Championship.

I think Northern Gaels are also down in Carlow next Sunday in the Leinster Minor Championship but I'm not sure of the time or place.

Billys Boots

Any board-members, excepting NL of course, heading for Carla?

Shamrock Shore

Best to Colmcille tomorrow but it won't be easy. Longford clubs, esp ones who have won Connolly after a long abscense, don't do well in Leinster usually. The Windies are the only ones ever to make a dent and that was just the once in 38 odd years so..........well.

Prove me wrong lads.

Billys Boots

Shamrock Shore

Good stuff Billy. Sincerest apologies for being a Doubting Larry.

I thought ye had it at the end. That free hitting the post. I spose a draw was a fair result in the end?

Good save by Mrs Tonra's middle gossun in the dying moments of extra time from a pinnilty. His Ma and Da must be very proud.

I assume you'll be in Pease Park for the replay?

Billys Boots

Arrangement for Sunday in place already - it's a pity we couldn't bring them up to Molly Hill for the day.

North Longford

Never mind Shamrock shore, it appears Longford county board hadn't much hope for us either as we were told after the game yesterday that both Pearse Park and Dromard are closed at the moment and no way could they be used. We'd have to go to Ballymahon..........so much for home advantage. I'd say it is in some state after the recent weather.
Luckily there are one or two in the county board that would have a little regard for us and they are trying to do something with the Leinster council to allow Pearse Park be used. Our first correspondant certainly didn't give us that option and him from a neighbouring club who'd be wishing us the best of luck and all!!!
As for the game, we should have won it in normal time. At the 60 minute mark we had missed a clear 2-13 including 1-02 off the post.
I thought we gave a fantastic display and I would doubt if even Navan O'mahoneys had as much possession in the second half of their game as we had in ours. It appears thought that they could score which is always a benefit!!
Hopefully we'll be in Pearse Park on Sunday and it will all be to play for again.

Shamrock Shore

Aye drici. Sloppy reporting all around referring to the club as Colmcilles as opposed to Colmcille.

Then seeing as this is the error on the Official Leinster GAA website then I spose the papers can be excused.

LaurelEye

Congrats to Colmcille and hopefully the shooting will be better on Sunday.

(What's the cost of flights home from the 'Dam for lost full-forwards? :) )

QuoteNever mind Shamrock shore, it appears Longford county board hadn't much hope for us either as we were told after the game yesterday that both Pearse Park and Dromard are closed at the moment and no way could they be used. We'd have to go to Ballymahon..........so much for home advantage. I'd say it is in some state after the recent weather.
Luckily there are one or two in the county board that would have a little regard for us and they are trying to do something with the Leinster council to allow Pearse Park be used. Our first correspondant certainly didn't give us that option and him from a neighbouring club who'd be wishing us the best of luck and all!!!

Cough, cough.... mention the words "contest at convention" to him and see if that makes any difference.

QuoteAye drici. Sloppy reporting all around referring to the club as Colmcilles as opposed to Colmcille.

I see the Indo got it right today, but then they have Kyujane McGee to give them guidance.