Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Good man NL.

Shows you how up-to-date I am  :-[

Billys Boots

Quotemany friends during our 2 years of nomadism

Are some of those pictures taken in the leafy glades of Colmcille East?  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

North Longford

Believe it or not they are all in Colmcille but we are making valiant attempt to recreate teh atmosphere of the Laurels!!
Them trees have a bit of growing to do yet!!

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 03, 2008, 01:26:04 PM
Quotemany friends during our 2 years of nomadism

Are some of those pictures taken in the leafy glades of Colmcille East?  :P

You'll have a while to wait for those trees to grow as tall as ours up there in the hills of Dromard South :P
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on July 03, 2008, 03:29:23 PM
Believe it or not they are all in Colmcille but we are making valiant attempt to recreate teh atmosphere of the Laurels!!

We can loan you some of our midges.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

North Longford

QuoteWe can loan you some of our midges.

That is one thing we have no problem recreating....................hoors (of the midges variety!), I'm still scratching from last night.!!

Billys Boots

QuoteWe can loan you some of our midges.

We have mosquitos in tropical Donabate - I have ankles on me this morning like I'm 8 months pregnant.  ::)

Shamrock Shore

Scratch hard Billy. You know it makes sense.

Anyone off to Navan tomorrow? The Shores will be there in force. Jazes I hate that pitch - one victory is all I can recall. O'Byrne Cup earlier this year. Would be great to get to another Leinster final.

Shamrock Shore

Sad to report the death of former Mostrim player and a good friend in the past Paul Reynolds. I hadn't seen him for perhaps 10 years but to hear of his passing shocked me.

Played all levels with Mostrim and was a class act - on and off the pitch.

Was a boarder in Mels along with myself and the Boots lad but was a year ahead putting him still in the early 40s age-wise.

Sympathies to his family and friends here and abroad.

RIP

Longfordian

My sympathies to the Reynolds family also ......

Never actually meet Paul .....but heard he was one of the finest footballers ever to grace a Mostrim and Longford jersey ....

RIP

Shamrock Shore

Christ Longfordian - never would have thought you never met Paul Reynolds. His Mam ran a hairdressers down there where the post office is now approx. I think it's Francis (Tanai) Greenes Auctioneers now (we had 2 Greens in our era in Ken Sheridan's domain. Brendan who was 'Ramhair' and Francis who was 'Tanai'). She still lives in Shore country adout in Bracklin.

Paul's eldest brother Gerry was the Maradonna of the Mostrim side that won their first championship in '74 agin Ardagh. Remember it like it was yesterday. Gerry coulda been the best Longford player ever. Better than Jackie Devine, Sean Donnelly et al. However he headed to England for work along with the likes of Joe Fogarty and others.

Another brother Michéal has been in Oz for yonks. There is a sister as well but I don't think I ever met her.

Life is shit sometimes as we all know.

Billys Boots

Nice fellah Paul, remember him well, and sad to hear of his passing.

Shamrock Shore

I believe there's war in the Abbey camp at the moment. 8 or so players refusing to play for coach Mickey Harkins.

Can anyone put flesh to these bones?

North Longford

Ah thats a misinterpretation of the facts...........there's only one who won't play but he's the size of 8 players!!!

In all seriousness I've heard for the last 2 years of constant issues between Mickey and the players but they always seem to have him back!

I do believe the big man did site his relationship with the manager as his reason for quitting, couldn't take the abuse apparently but that would be from a third party so quite possible not true

Shamrock Shore

Shamrock Shore senior was always one to put legs on a story.

Longford v Kilmacud Crokes tonight in Stillorgan at 7.30. As this is but 1 mile from Shore Manor I will attend on yer behalf and report on progress.

Will be interesting to see what team St. Patrick's lost sheep will play for  :D