Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakLeaf

I've added a new Live Scores feature to GAA Radio. If you're at any Longford club games it'd be good if you could text score updates to 447624804328. This service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

North Longford

Team for Sunday is that which finished against Dublin.
Berry out injured and Keenan still benched.

LaurelEye

Team for Leitrim:

Damien Sheridan; Dermot Brady, Diarmuid Masterson, Declan Reilly; Shane Mulligan, Arthur O'Connor, Noel Farrell; Paddy Dowd, Enda Farrell; David Barden, Paul Barden, Kevin Mulligan; Brian Kavanagh, Declan Farrell, Francis McGee.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Any reports, other than cannibalism features, on the match?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 18, 2008, 03:31:06 PM
Any reports, other than cannibalism features, on the match?

Brady, Wee Dec, Dowd and the younger Barden all mentioned favourably in dispatches along with [whisper]McGee and Conefrey when he came on[/whisper].

Leitrim atrocious.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

AhFeckRef

QuoteLeitrim atrocious.

:-\ Agree

So when is two hops not two hops.... Just curious!

Longfordian

Laurel ...
I hear that ye're lads were staying in the Breaffy Sports Hotel over last weekend ... glad to see the Celtic Tiger is still alive and kicking  ;) ...... I'd like to be at our monthly meeting ,   if that was proposed !!!

ye played Breaffy ...I have 3 cousins who play with them ....auld Longfordian was down at it aswell ..... think Christy Moore was playing in the vacinity last weekend

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on February 26, 2008, 01:22:30 PM
Laurel ...
I hear that ye're lads were staying in the Breaffy Sports Hotel over last weekend ... glad to see the Celtic Tiger is still alive and kicking  ;) ...... I'd like to be at our monthly meeting ,   if that was proposed !!!

Jazes, you are well informed - even I didn't know the name of the hotel :)

Quoteye played Breaffy ...I have 3 cousins who play with them ....auld Longfordian was down at it aswell ..... think Christy Moore was playing in the vacinity last weekend

I take it that a report has been furnished to the relevant authorities ahead of next Saturday's big game.

You can do nothing in this country without someone finding out.

Shamrock Shore

There was a Mayo swap last weekend.

As the Mullinalaghta lads went West some Mayo shower came East and played a challenge in Crippen Park in Edgeytown and then drank, or was that vice versa....not sure.

This 'bonding' must be great craic altogether.

North Longford

QuoteYou can do nothing in this country without someone finding out.

Jesus the Colmcille boys would want to start training soon..................acclimatisation weekends .....usually 2 or 3 months training done before they happen!!

Billys Boots

Quoteye played Breaffy ...I have 3 cousins who play with them

I have loadsa cousins in those parts too (Keelogues/Balla), but I think they all play soccer.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Longfordian

have many extended family members around Breaffy / Castlebar area .....

Laurel ...you have joined a long list of sporting organisations such as Munster rugby / Ireland U21s soccer etc who have enjoyed the maginificant facilities there .....( had a look in the window when I was down around the Christmas !!!) ...ye musnt be short of a few bob .....

cribben park is banished to memory ... we have our all singing all dancing prunty pitch in full working order .... Ryanair might be looking to develop our new pitch as its Midland Hub ..... pitch is a crazy size .....or maybe it just I cant get up and down it with the ease of years goneby !!!!  :)

Shamrock Shore

'Cribben' Park Longfordian  :o

Don't let Auld Longfordian hear you mispronounce the nickname of Hughie 'The Crippen' Devine.

Before your time I know but................

North Longford

Team for Fermanagh..............

Longford: Damien Sheridan, Dermot Brady, Diarmuid Masterson, Declan Reilly, Shane Mulligan, Arthur O'Connor, Noel Farrell, Liam Keenan (Capt), Enda Farrell, David Barden, Paul Barden, Paddy Dowd, Brian Kavanagh, Declan Farrell, Frankie McGee.

Subs Stephen Watters, Kevin Mulligan, Enda Williams, Padraig Berry, Jamesie Martin, Paddy McDonnell, Conor Casey, Cathal Conefrey, Sean McCormack, Peter Foy, Stephen Phillips, Paul Kelly and Aidan Rowan.

Do we have any insight on how bad the injury is that caused the change?
Will he be back for the first round of the club championship :D

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on February 28, 2008, 12:11:25 PM
Team for Fermanagh..............

Longford: Damien Sheridan, Dermot Brady, Diarmuid Masterson, Declan Reilly, Shane Mulligan, Arthur O'Connor, Noel Farrell, Liam Keenan (Capt), Enda Farrell, David Barden, Paul Barden, Paddy Dowd, Brian Kavanagh, Declan Farrell, Frankie McGee.

Subs Stephen Watters, Kevin Mulligan, Enda Williams, Padraig Berry, Jamesie Martin, Paddy McDonnell, Conor Casey, Cathal Conefrey, Sean McCormack, Peter Foy, Stephen Phillips, Paul Kelly and Aidan Rowan.

Do we have any insight on how bad the injury is that caused the change?

News to me about any injury. Keenan being back means that it's between our fella, Dowd and Declan Farrell as to who falls out of the bed when Luke says "roll over"...

QuoteWill he be back for the first round of the club championship :D

We'll be thinking about the first round of Division 2 for the moment but that's a while off yet.