Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Longford

Is that county or club training.
If a team is still in Leinster/All Ireland club do they have to stop training for 2 months!!!

Billys Boots

QuoteNo organised training allowed in the months of November and December

Is that as opposed to disorganised training?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Dunno lads - just typed is as I heard it.

I thought it was strange too as the County would need to have a few sessions (training that is) in preparation for the O'Byrne Cup/NFL

I am sure that if Colmcille were in the Leinster final they could obtain some class of permission from Pat Cahill to do the odd bit of exercise.

But then again.............

North Longford

Not of immediate concern for Colmcille.
Think if we managed to win the Longford championship we'd struggle to get anyone capable of training for about 3 months anyway.

Billys Boots

QuoteI am sure that if Colmcille were in the Leinster final they could obtain some class of permission from Pat Cahill to do the odd bit of exercise.

I'm picturing the response to that request.  :o

LaurelEye

Heard a rumour last night that Ballymore may have decided to regrade to Intermediate for the coming year. They are badly hit, not so much by the absence of Benny McElvaney in Australia on its own, but more by the fact that Dónal McElvaney and Damien Monaghan are gone along with him - leaves them a shook outfit.

Might there be no relegation from Senior this year as a result, or will Cashel get another reprieve from the drop?

[UPDATE: Well-placed sources deny the Ballymore rumour. Looks like Cashel will just have to do their time.]

And any word yet as to who our leading county forward (the one who didn't score yesterday) will be lining out with this summer?

I know it doesn't matter too much to Colmcille, but for the likes of meself and Shamrock down at the bottom of the Senior heap, these things are important ;)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Ballymore will be very badly shook as a result of those defections alright, and should be a shoo-in for the drop.  And if Kavanagh plays in Dublin this summer, it might be a cushy enough year for Mullinalaghta and Mostrim (and Colmcille, hopefully).

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 05, 2008, 08:53:42 AM
Ballymore will be very badly shook as a result of those defections alright, and should be a shoo-in for the drop.  And if Kavanagh plays in Dublin this summer, it might be a cushy enough year for Mullinalaghta and Mostrim (and Colmcille, hopefully).

I'm not making any assumptions, Billy...
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Owenmoresider

Longford championship draws on Shannonside now.

Interesting that each c'ship (x 3) has 15 teams, drawn from only 24 clubs like ourselves, which goes to show what an utter shambles our clubs are.

Owenmoresider

Junior Championship draw:

Group A) Shroid Slashers, Dromard, St. Patrick's, Clonguish.
Group B) Forgney, Sean Connollys, Ballymahon, Fr. Manning Gaels.
Group C) Moydow, Kenagh, Cashel, Colmcille.
Group D) St. Columba's, Carrickedmond, Emmet Óg, Rathcline.

Intermediate Championship draw:

Group A) Legan Sarsfields, Longford Slashers, Mostrim, Abbeylara.
Group B) Grattan Óg, Kenagh, Dromard, Fr. Manning Gaels.
Group C) St. Brigid's, Cashel, Emmet Óg, Colmcille.
Group D) Carrickedmond, Clonguish, St. Mary's.

LaurelEye

Senior Championship draw:

Rathcline vs. Dromard

losers of Rathcline/Dromard vs. Granard

Longford Slashers vs. Abbeylara

Seán Connollys vs. Fr. Manning Gaels

Mostrim vs. Clonguish

Mullinalaghta vs. Colmcille

Ballymahon vs. Ballymore

Ardagh vs. Killoe

Intermediate Championship draw:

Group 1: Legan, Longford Slashers (2nd), Mostrim (2nd), Abbeylara (2nd)

Group 2: Grattan Óg, Kenagh, Dromard (2nd), Fr Manning Gaels (2nd)

Group 3: Killashee, Cashel, Killoe (2nd), Colmcille (2nd)

Group 4: Carrickedmond, Clonguish (2nd), Granard (2nd)

Top two teams from each group qualify for the quarter-finals

Junior Championship draw:

Group 1: Shroid Slashers, Dromard (3rd), Ardagh (2nd), Clonguish (3rd)

Group 2: Forgney, Seán Connollys (2nd), Ballymahon (2nd), Fr Manning Gaels (3rd)

Group 3: Moydow Harpers, Kenagh (2nd), Cashel (2nd), Colmcille (3rd)

Group 4: Mullinalaghta (2nd), Carrickedmond (2nd), Killoe (3rd), Rathcline (2nd)

Top two teams from each group qualify for the quarter-finals.

Owenmoresider

Senior Championship draw:

R1)
A: Rathcline v Dromard
Losers of A v St. Mary's
Longford Slashers v Abbeylara
Sean Connollys v Fr. Manning Gaels
Mostrim v Clonguish
Mullinalaghta v Colmcille :D
Ballymahon v Ballymore
Ardagh v Emmet Óg

LaurelEye

Quote from: Owenmoresider on February 11, 2008, 09:24:41 PM
Mullinalaghta v Colmcille :D

Something told me something like that would happen...

Enjoyed the Cahill and Duffy Show. Perhaps the Flake is angling for a job in RTÉ News as George Lee's understudy.

North Longford

Best bit was Cahill telling the whole of Longford that even a Dromard man can make a mistake. Don't think the flake was overly impressed.
As for the draw. To be honest I nearly have me fill of local derbies and teams that it would mean a little more to beat us than your average team but thems the breaks.
We've now had Ballymore,Dromard and Mullinalaghta in the 3 years. I assume it's the Connolly's next year just to close the set

Billys Boots

Tha half-parish will be hard bate on the first day out!  :-\