Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on January 17, 2008, 10:34:56 AM
The reading of another site made me wonder. Is Kevin Smith still involved with the county. Always thought he had the potential to do well at county level but haven't heard him mentioned at all this year?

I am assuming that I am "our correspondent from that neck of the woods"...

As far as I know he's not on the panel any more. Heard something about a forthcoming trip to America but that may not necessarily be reliable.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

North Longford

Good result yesterday and good to see some of the new lads doing well.
Very impressed with Paddy Mc Donnell. Did a great job on Johnstoe and if reputations are anything to go by then he is unlikely to come up against much better. Deserves to keep his place on that performance and may free up me neighbour to move out the field a bit although you'd struggle to drop any back from yesterday. Midfield did well, both lads look very fit and cover a huge amount of ground for big men. Up front still a bit reliant on Kav for the scores from play but as usual he was excellent. McGee is a good addition, I'd say a good bit more reliable than David Barden when it comes to sticking the ball over the bar. Was impressed with Delan Farrell at wing forward, won a huge amount of ball and used most of it very well. Philips only did ok. Looked very light and struggled to retain possession if the back was very close to him but he did work hard and won some good ball. Paul Barden sharpening up with a couple of games should be a big addition to this sector.

Billys Boots

How did they look in the middle third - will McElvaney be missed?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

North Longford

They did well in the middle 3rd yesterday anyway. Particularly in the 2nd half, they almost won everything in that area. Enda Farrell is playing every bit as well as I've seen McElvaney play and he probably covers more ground. It is early though yet and we might miss him before the year is out.

LaurelEye

Quote from: LaurelEye on January 20, 2008, 07:52:37 PM
Quote from: North Longford on January 17, 2008, 10:34:56 AM
The reading of another site made me wonder. Is Kevin Smith still involved with the county. Always thought he had the potential to do well at county level but haven't heard him mentioned at all this year?

I am assuming that I am "our correspondent from that neck of the woods"...

As far as I know he's not on the panel any more. Heard something about a forthcoming trip to America but that may not necessarily be reliable.

Reliable sources have been consulted. Off to Amerikay in the very near future he is.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

North Longford

As I said in another thread....every little advantage on offer will be accepted. Any chance of confirming Hannify's emmigration. If so it would be a good days work in Fr.McGee park

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on January 21, 2008, 04:38:48 PM
As I said in another thread....every little advantage on offer will be accepted.

Don't know how long he's gone for (for all I know the INS could be eagle-eyed followers of Longford club football).

QuoteAny chance of confirming Hannify's emmigration. If so it would be a good days work in Fr.McGee park

Has the blessed Luke not confirmed it? Can understand youse being afraid of Abbey but surely the Windies have blown themselves out at this stage?

North Longford

Not afraid of anyone just looking for a handy championship like Kerry get every now and then. ;D
I thought Dempsey's tone if you can get that from a written article was like "He says he's going but I don't believe him"
Anyway despite thrice hammering them last year thay have a few very good young fella's coming up and twould be better thay didn't have his help! Although I also heard that Enda Gallagher was gone to England so if they are without those 2 and an aging Padgie I don't see them being a realistic threat this year.   Famous last words!!!!!!!!!!

Billys Boots

QuoteAny chance of confirming Hannify's emmigration.

Where's he gone now?

North Longford

Luke says he's going to America I think, or is it Australia..............somewhere beginning with A although I don't think it's Arva.

Billys Boots

LaurelEye

Billys Boots

QuoteAughakine?

Can you see him across the lake?

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 22, 2008, 12:44:00 PM
QuoteAughakine?

Can you see him across the lake?

I'd have to get my binoculars.

Shamrock Shore

At last night county board meeting the following were passed:

- U21 and minor grades to be retained
- No organised training allowed in the months of November and December

That is all.