Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Anyone got scores, or do I have to visit Crayonland?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Lemme see.

I remember Connollys and Ardagh ended up 7 apiece.

Slashers and Rthcline each 1-10 perhaps.  Laurel will confirm.

Shams beat Clonguish 0-15 to 0-12 with the few Clonguishes unimpressed with Rocky Tierneys refley performance
Windies beat Cashel 1-17 to 1-06

LaurelEye

Connollys and Ardagh drew 0-7 each, and Connollys could have sneaked it at the end. I think there were 4 marking Kavanagh at one stage.

Slashers and Rathcline drew 1-10 apiece - didn't stay to watch it.

Drumlish hammered Cashel at the end 1-17 to 1-6.

Ballymahon beat Clonguish 0-15 to 0-12 and could have won by more but for some very sloppy finishing in the first half.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 19, 2007, 03:30:51 PM
the few Clonguishes unimpressed with Rocky Tierneys refley performance

These were Clonguish supporters from the lower end of our parish, who will turn into Colmcille supporters for next Saturday ;)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

We will all be Colmcille supporters next Saturday  :-*

North Longford

Billys Boots

QuoteI think there were 4 marking Kavanagh at one stage.

Hey, it worked for Laois!  :P

Am trying to engineer a trip to Killoe at the moment, ye better make it worth the grief NL.    ;)

North Longford

Billy,
I hope thats the grief of getting there rather than the grief of being there!!!

Longfordian

So ...how do you think the matches will go this weekend ....

Mostrim v Ballymore : Hopefully we wont have a repeat performance of two years ago ..... we have a very young team , training has been going well and a number of position changes will have improved our chances ..... team is named tonight and Longfordian doesnt expect to start ...but may get a run in FF line if things dont so well ......

Rathcline v Slashers...I have heard of an exodus of Rats to the US which wont help matters ...expecting a Slashers win .

Ardagh v Connollys : Ardagh seemingly let Connollys off the hook last week , cant expect the same this week .....

Dromard v Colmcille : Colmcille , looking at their leauge form , will have nothing to fear going into this one , expecting this to be a close encounter .

Abbey v Killoe : Have heard Killoe have been hit hard with injuries and lads on "the year off down under" .... coupled with that they are meeting an Abbey team playing good football ...(they blew us out of the water 3 weeks ago. Abbey win here .

Billys Boots

QuoteDromard v Colmcille

I've heard rumblings that Killoe don't want to host this, as they're expecting the crowd to be big.  Is this going to Pearse Park???

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on June 22, 2007, 11:45:14 AM
So ...how do you think the matches will go this weekend ....

Mostrim v Ballymore : Hopefully we wont have a repeat performance of two years ago ..... we have a very young team , training has been going well and a number of position changes will have improved our chances ..... team is named tonight and Longfordian doesnt expect to start ...but may get a run in FF line if things dont so well ......

Rathcline v Slashers...I have heard of an exodus of Rats to the US which wont help matters ...expecting a Slashers win .

Would expect yis to win handy (though have yis not a departure of yeer own to San Fran?) and expect the same as you for the other match. I think it's McCormack and Casey (also off to San Fran) who are gone from Rathcline, though only Casey was playing last week. San Fran seems to be popular...

QuoteArdagh v Connollys : Ardagh seemingly let Connollys off the hook last week , cant expect the same this week .....

Dromard v Colmcille : Colmcille , looking at their leauge form , will have nothing to fear going into this one , expecting this to be a close encounter .

Abbey v Killoe : Have heard Killoe have been hit hard with injuries and lads on "the year off down under" .... coupled with that they are meeting an Abbey team playing good football ...(they blew us out of the water 3 weeks ago. Abbey win here .

Abbey are physical, though they're not optimistic - missing Enda Ledwith, Ciarán Drake (broken ribs I believe) and John Kiernan. Physical, though. Some of them over-physical in my view >:(

Other way around with the Ardagh-Connollys match, I thought - Connollys could have taken it at the end though it was poor fare. Expect Ardagh to win the replay.

Dromard-Colmcille will be too close to call.

Billys Boots

QuoteSan Fran seems to be popular

Any Mullinalaghta 'stars' heading for the Golden Gate this summer?  :P

Shamrock Shore

Wear the '16' jersey well Longfordian. I can't see us losing to Ballymore but, hey, with Mostrim anything is possible.

Ardagh will surely see off the Connollys and I have €1,000 on Colmcille to win by more than 5 points at 14/1.

I'll buy North Longford/Billys Boots and the holidaying Billys Shoes a rake of pints should my bet come in.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 22, 2007, 04:41:29 PM
QuoteSan Fran seems to be popular

Any Mullinalaghta 'stars' heading for the Golden Gate this summer?  :P

Not that we've been told about yet ;)

I hope not. The two toughest games in the Intermediate Championship group are our first two (Carrickedmond and Legan), and the Championship will start, I'd say, the weekend after Longford exit from the qualifiers, whenever that will be. Aren't the first three rounds of the qualifiers in successive weeks?

Longfordian

Im 17 Shamrock (or should that be its 17 !!)...........but it will be worn well !!!!

First shock of the championship ...Connollys HAMMERED Ardagh ...played some great football ...and took some great scores ......very surprised .... but wont shed to many tears at an Ardagh loss ....(its not my fault ...I was brought up in a house where hatred of Ardagh was actively encouraged ... :D)

Colmcille let Dromard off the hook in the 2nd encounter ....they had the momentum in the 2nd half and should have pushed home ...... Dromard were very poor especially in the 2nd half ....Billy was the brother injured ?.....

3 draws already .....Mana from heaven for the Co board.........

roll on 5pm ...till we get going ......