Fifa goal of the year - The Puskas award

Started by Denn Forever, November 04, 2010, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 05, 2010, 03:10:31 PM
These are the criteria for Goal of the year from last year so I assume it is the same this year.

The FIFA Puskás Award
Created in honour of Ferenc Puskás, captain and star of the Hungarian national team during the 1950s, the FIFA Puskás Award will be bestowed upon the player from either the men's or women's game judged to have scored the best goal of the year.

The final decision will be down to you, the users of FIFA.com, with your votes counting towards selecting a winner from ten videos as chosen by the FIFA Football Committee. In making their decision, the FIFA Football Committee applied the following criteria:

1. Aesthetics (a subjective criterion – long-range shots, team moves, acrobatic goals etc)
2. The importance of the match (an objective criterion – in descending order: national teams, continental tournaments, domestic first divisions)
3. The absence of luck or an opposition mistake as a factor making the goal possible
4. Fair Play: the player must not have conducted himself poorly during the game or, for example, have been found guilty of doping
5. The date: goals scored between July 2008 and July 2009

All that remains now is for you to vote for your favourite goal and contribute to choosing the recipient of the 2009 FIFA Puskás Award. The winner will be unveiled at the FIFA World Player Gala on 21 December, where he or she will receive the FIFA Puskas Award trophy, with their name engraved upon it.

Do you think that we shudnt vote for it then?

Doogie Browser

Ok, I will read messages in the future  :D

The only criteria that will count against him will be the one about the match importance.

Denn Forever

No vote for it. 

People were saying that it was a fluke and I was highlighting that one of the criteria was that it couldn't be fluke.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Aerlik

Fantastic effort. 
There is a certain amount of luck in most goals.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

rrhf

Lets get behind Mattie Burrows, the best one touch goal ive ever seen.  Soccor is too sanitized and full of the expected.. he tried the unexpected.. and it came off for him. Lets get this man the golden boot or whatever they call it.   

Tony Baloney

Who decides on the winner? They'll probably be more inclined to pick a big name.

longrunsthefox

He meant to score and I heard him say it would come off once in a hundred efforts. Can't see why it should be diminished. Great goal.

Minder

Is he a prod though? Has to be taken into account if we are thinking of voting.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EagleLord

Quote from: Minder on November 06, 2010, 11:15:50 AM

:D :D :D
I honestly dont think that they will give him the award because of the amount of people that would call that flukey, but also because as Doogie said, it isnt exactly near the top of the list of 'match importance'..

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on November 06, 2010, 11:15:50 AM

Ha Ha Very good.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 05, 2010, 02:47:15 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2010, 05:29:48 PM
Has pintsofguinness seen this yet?
yeah, why?

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 05, 2010, 01:54:31 PM
I won't get tired of looking at that goal. I know plenty on here reckon it was a fluke but a fluke is when you don't mean to do something. He meant to do that. Sure, it might have been a 1 in 1000 effort, but he achieved what he aimed to. Class goal. Hope he wins the award.
No, according to the oxford english dictionary a fluke is
"...an unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck..."
It was a fluke - he basically stated that himself!

That said, I hope he wins.

We can get into pedantics about what's a fluke. As a Mayo man I enter Colm Coyle's point to draw the 1996 All-Ireland final as a fluke. He hit the ball goalwards but wasn't trying to score. Matty Burrows was. It was lucky, as a lot of goals are, but not an accident. That's more what I meant really.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 06, 2010, 11:08:44 AM
He meant to score and I heard him say it would come off once in a hundred efforts. Can't see why it should be diminished. Great goal.

+1 Vote Burrows.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken