Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

paddy wiii be cheering on his daughter to-day

Carmen Stateside

Well then its up to you Sandwiches to give us all a full report when you return. Thats if your going to go again!

username1

Coalisland won 1-8 to 0-9 today. Richard Thornton made a come back and scored 1-1.
there was an altercation in the tunnel after the game and i have heard that peter ward the dromore keeper had hit a coalisland offical

ceol agus peil

Just in from the coalisland/Dromore game
Coalisland 1-8
Dromore 0-9

In the other semi final:
Errigal Ciaran 2-07
Omagh 1-5
Sent from my iphone

ziggysego

Omagh Ladies won 1-12 to 0-07 today. That's them into the All-Ireland Final. Congratulations girls.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: randomtask on November 05, 2010, 08:17:51 PM
Any predictions for the matches tomorrow? I'll go with dromore by 5+ points, and omagh by 1

Don't give up the day job. Went to see Fianna today... very impressive. Wasn't at game in Ulster but seen them in other matches and best I've seen. O'Hagan took McCarron to the cleaners. Mickey Harte could be looking at a few Fianna players soon as Dromore seemed to be well up for this one and pretty much full strength tho Fabian not there and Shane mcMahon out for a while.  Was some hits went in alrite.

Sandino

I see teamtalk have a report on St Endas ladies on their website already. I wonder will we get a report on the play off games as quick. Fair play to them.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on November 06, 2010, 03:01:03 PM
Any word from Kildress match

Kildress 0-12 aghyaran 1-9 aet. Aghyaran looked dead and buried 0-10 to 0-7 wit min to go floated a free and ended up in the net typical tones and typical aghyaran. Kildress must have kicked 20 wides but live to fight another night!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Not long back from Dunmoyle. Bit of a match report for anyone interested...

A late McCarron goal probably put a bit of gloss on what for the most part of the game looked like a comprehensive win for Errigal. The game which was at times fiesty was seldom exciting fare.
Enda McGinley was superb at full forward, opening the scoring with a well worked goal after three minutes. Errigal latched on a couple of points before Omagh opened their scoring with a point, which would be the only score they'd get in the first half.
Omagh just couldn't find its way through the Errigal blanket, where at times there were 13 men behind the ball. Errigal were able to move the ball fast once they achieved the turn over and ran at Omagh in some of the best play of the game. The supply into McGinley and the corner forwards early on was excellent and at times Errigal were like a hot knife through Omagh's buttery defence. Omagh couldn't mark Peter Harte or McGinley. Meanwhile Omagh laboured once they got to half forward, trying to find their FF line instead of taking points.
Errigal tapped over two more before half-time to go in at 1-5 to 0-1.

I'd made a predication that Omagh were highly likely to come out and box in the second half and sure enough after Cormac McGinley was hauled down on a surging run some some handbags ensued. Omagh don't seem to be able to find a balance between playing aggressively and boxing and after that early tussle the fire went out of them until the very end of the half.
Errigal made a few changes in the second, which arguably allowed Omagh back into the game. Midway through the second, Caolan Tierny (who was excellent) supplied a brilliant ball for Enda McGinley to run onto. Kerril Winters came out but it looked like McGinley would beat him. The ball went toward the line and as Omagh looked like clearing it manged to go into the net. Don't ask me who scored it.
Omagh did tag on a couple of scores, but at the halfway point of the second, Errigal led 2-7 to 0-3. There were another couple of scores from omagh before McCarron tapped the ball over John Devine and into the net with his fist. A blistering shot from Hugh Gallagher looked like it was heading for the back of the net right at the end, but it was deflected over the bar. That was about the only time Omagh got Errigal worried.

The game was full of constant fouling (Cathal O'Hagan seen it that way anyway). Joe McMahon saw a second yellow late in the game after a first half yellow for mouthing. Peter Harte also got two yellows in quick succession in injury time. Both cards for holding onto a player after the whistle was blown. There was nothing really malicious and it was a bit silly lining him at that stage.
Anyway there was plenty of incident, but not much great football for the couple of hundred (generous estimate) that braved the cold in Dunmoyle.

FT: EC 2-7 1-5 Omagh

Can anyone still argue the merits of insisting on playing out a league in November?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Is good that teams with home managers not forking out a load of money on managers are winning the O'Neill Cup and getting to league final.

stillsenior

Quote from: Sandino on November 06, 2010, 04:45:54 PM
I see teamtalk have a report on St Endas ladies on their website already. I wonder will we get a report on the play off games as quick. Fair play to them.

Reports for Div 1 semis up already

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 06, 2010, 05:03:58 PM
Is good that teams with home managers not forking out a load of money on managers are winning the O'Neill Cup and getting to league final.

It's good too that some of them Killyman and Brackaville men are getting a shot at a division one league medal now as well. Fair play.
H. L. Mencken

ziggysego

And bringing teams from Division 3, up to Division 1 and winning an All-Ireland Club title along the way ;)
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on November 06, 2010, 05:19:30 PM

It's good too that some of them Killyman and Brackaville men are getting a shot at a division one league medal now as well. Fair play.

McGahan has lived in Coalisland for years as far as I know tho I do hear him and Early are getting about  £14,000 each  ;)

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 06, 2010, 05:30:09 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on November 06, 2010, 05:19:30 PM

McGahan has lived in Coalisland for years as far as I know tho I do hear him and Early are getting about  £14,000 each  ;)

:D There could be a few more East Tyrone heads looking about empty houses in the Island if that gets out! What does John Lynch get?  :P.

Your point may well be valid about internal managers, they've certainly worked for the league finalists. But sometimes an outside face comes to the 'job' with less baggage.
H. L. Mencken