62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

under the bar

Quote from: dec on November 22, 2019, 03:01:33 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50520618

Celtic and Lazio fined for fans' banner and chants

Celtic have been fined £12,900 after fans displayed an "illicit banner" and sang obscene chants during their Europa League game at home to Lazio. The Italian club have also been fined £8,600 by European governing body Uefa for "illicit chants" during the 24 October meeting.

One banner from the home supporters depicted former Italian leader Benito Mussolini hanging upside down. Another displayed swearing in Italian.

It is the 19th time Celtic have been punished since 2007 and their third charge this season. The Scottish champions were fined £10,400 by Uefa for fans setting off flares in the Europa League win over Cluj and paid an £11,000 fine for their supporters using flares and throwing objects in the play-off second-leg win over AIK in Stockholm in August...

UEFA supporting the right-wing fascist agenda that is sadly sweeping the world.

under the bar

Nice win. Good to see Griff back.  The orcs might stay in touch til Christmas but by all accounts there's another fire sale in Mordor in Jan.

marty34

December is going to be a huge month - league, euro games and cup final.  A good run in these will boost confidence. 

All about keeping squad fresh in Dec/early Jan.  Should have given more fringe lads out a run today - Greg Taylor and Sinclair should be used over next few league games.  Good to have Griffiths back also.  Hopefully he'll get a run and make a difference.

paddyjohn

Feel good factor back within the club and the board drops the bomb of banning the GB...

marty34

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 26, 2019, 09:42:42 PM
Feel good factor back within the club and the board drops the bomb of banning the GB...

Too many fines by UEFA I'd say - GB bring great value etc. but must cut out the silly stuff.  Flares and the rest.  They've been warned time and time again but won't listen.

Main Street

Looks like just 50% of the Green Brigade section has been left empty. 
I take it that UEFA are not bothered by renditions of old classics such as BOTOB?

under the bar

Quote from: Main Street on November 28, 2019, 08:14:40 PM
I take it that UEFA are not bothered by renditions of old classics such as BOTOB?

No, but why would they be?

illdecide

It was Celtic that closed the section..no UEFA. We love the atmosphere the GB bring to the matches but they have to stop the flares and silly banners before someone is seriously hurt or killed
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

under the bar

Celtic playing very well but possibly Lennon saying "the players are giving me everything I ask for and more..." and waxing lyrical about them is not the best public message to young players.  Maybe "another good performance but still a number of areas we need to inprove on" would  keep them on their toes?

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on November 28, 2019, 10:17:18 PM

It was Celtic that closed the section..no UEFA. We love the atmosphere the GB bring to the matches but they have to stop the flares and silly banners before someone is seriously hurt or killed
The flares for sure, they're acts of lunacy but Mussolini was worth it.

marty34

Quote from: under the bar on November 28, 2019, 10:18:17 PM
Celtic playing very well but possibly Lennon saying "the players are giving me everything I ask for and more..." and waxing lyrical about them is not the best public message to young players.  Maybe "another good performance but still a number of areas we need to inprove on" would  keep them on their toes?

Confidence must be high after that run of games but a bad result will puncture the balloon.  But it's a real good run at Euro level - topping the group with a game to spare and doing a double over Lazio.  Could afford to rest Edouard this evening also.  Lads must be in good form in training these days.

Be interesting to see what Lennon does in final game: keep same team or make wholesale changes? December has a lot of games so key players need rested.

Important to going as the bluemen are tight behind in both competitions.  Cup final will be a big boost, to whoever wins it.

illdecide

Yeah things are good at the min but it only takes 2 bad results to change everything...I would send over a fairly strong team to Romania but making sure the players in need of a game get one, I wouldn't do what OGS done today with Man U.

When will these guys be back needing games?
Jozo Simunovic
Boli Bolingoli
Hatem Abd Elhamed
Scott Sinclair (not injured)
Jonny Hayes
Marian Shved
Tom Rogic (needs games)
Mikey Johnston (needs games)
Mohamed Elyounoussi
Leigh Griffiths (needs games)
Vakoun Issouf Bayo
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

under the bar

Quote from: marty34 on November 28, 2019, 10:29:46 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 28, 2019, 10:18:17 PM

Confidence must be high after that run of games but a bad result will puncture the balloon.  But it's a real good run at Euro level - topping the group with a game to spare and doing a double over Lazio.  Could afford to rest Edouard this evening also.  Lads must be in good form in training these days.

Be interesting to see what Lennon does in final game: keep same team or make wholesale changes? December has a lot of games so key players need rested.

Important to going as the bluemen are tight behind in both competitions.  Cup final will be a big boost, to whoever wins it.
Given that the mini-Liverpool filth is breathing down their necks domestically, I expect Lennon will rest Celtic players v Cluj. The cup final means very little in league terms but my wish would be for a Celtic 6-3 win with Morelos scoring a hat-trick to put himself in the January shop window

Main Street

The news report on the Celtic AGM was depressing. Without the Green Brigade  the  Celtic Park experience is popcorn and soda. Lennon who like other managers is partial to going over to that corner to receive the acclaim and pose for pictures while doing so, was strangely silent at the agm, but was loud in his praise for Lawell who is apparently worth every penny of his 3.5m salary.. The board are getting peed off with the riff raff who poke  the biting political element into the banners/flags.

bannside

Lowell gets bad press at times but commercially he is one of the most astute around. There's over £200m in assets with players like Big Kris, Julien, Christie, Eduarde, Mikel, Mc Gregor etc, and currently we have the strongest panel ever. Players like Tom Rogic can't get a game atm! I reckon he knew all about Rodgers leaving too, but the £10m Leicester had to pay for breaking his contract was attractive to Lawell, who makes his own bonuses on achieving bottom line annual profitability. Meanwhile the club is set to obtain another £10m for our achievement to date in this years Europa League and that still has some way to go, hopefully.