Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on November 27, 2019, 12:51:03 PM
Problem is if you asked him where is his best position could he even tell you himself?

Completely out of sorts and looks like a waste of potential and talent unfortunately.

The bench. For a different team. In a different league. In a different country.

screenexile

Manchester City investment from US breaks global sports valuation

The deal breaks a record in global sports valuations, making holding company City Football Group (CFG) worth £3.73bn ($4.8bn).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50570117

Jeepers Creepers

Problem is if you asked him where is his best position could he even tell you himself?

Completely out of sorts and looks like a waste of potential and talent unfortunately.

He could do no worse than Periera in midfield. In fact I think he would be better in breaking up oppositions play.

trailer

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 27, 2019, 02:05:31 PM

He could do no worse than Periera in midfield. In fact I think he would be better in breaking up oppositions play.

He's definitely good at breaking up Utd's play that's for sure. A gobshite.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 27, 2019, 12:45:04 PM
Was end of season in 2017 was it not. So last year crap....this year not much better, probably even worse. He's been ruined. There may have even been an extension in meantime.

His last decent form was December last season. He's been hopeless for all of 2019. Ole has played him in the number 10 role in an effort to get him more involved in games but it hasn't worked. He seems too focused on what's going on off the field than on it for example his clothing brand. Giving him a new contract/extension would be rewarding mediocrity.

magpie seanie

Wouldn't write him off completely but after some initial success his head got turned by off the field rubbish. And he has been awful for a long time now. He needs to get back to what made him good and it's usually hard work and a hungry attitude. sometimes hard to replicate that once the eye of the tiger has gone.

Maroon Manc

Lingard at best was a decent squad player but I'd sell him straight away if it was up to me but the likelihood is he's got until the end of the season to save his future. The reality is he lacks genuine quality, looking at what he offers I can't see what he's outstanding at which just isn't good enough to be a United player; I call him a confidence player but because he lacks genuine quality and when his confidence his low he looks such an average player. as he doesn't have the qualities to get through games.  Put him in a mid table side where he'll play every week and he'd look like a decent player.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2019, 10:09:45 AM
Lingard at best was a decent squad player but I'd sell him straight away if it was up to me but the likelihood is he's got until the end of the season to save his future. The reality is he lacks genuine quality, looking at what he offers I can't see what he's outstanding at which just isn't good enough to be a United player; I call him a confidence player but because he lacks genuine quality and when his confidence his low he looks such an average player. as he doesn't have the qualities to get through games.  Put him in a mid table side where he'll play every week and he'd look like a decent player.

Still goes for 40 mil in the modern game too. Crazy.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 28, 2019, 10:45:19 AM

Away and boil yer head. Not a chance he's sold for 40 million

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2019, 10:58:09 AM

English premium....We'll see, I don't think he's worth it either but didn't Villa want 30 mil for Grealish who at that time was unproven in PL and still had a bit of a reputation?

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 28, 2019, 11:08:17 AM

English premium....We'll see, I don't think he's worth it either but didn't Villa want 30 mil for Grealish who at that time was unproven in PL and still had a bit of a reputation?

Not a chance.
Grealish is a good Footballer. Lingard is not even a good Instagrammer.

laoislad

So a different mid table side to the mid table side he currently plays for?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2019, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 28, 2019, 11:08:17 AM

Not a chance.
Grealish is a good Footballer. Lingard is not even a good Instagrammer.

Being a squad player suits some players, just don't think it suits Lingard, he needs to be playing every week. I'd have thought United would get £25m-30m for him possibly more if there's a few clubs in for him. It wasn't long ago he played in a world cup semi final and has 24 caps too, could see him at West Ham or Palace. Getting rid of Pogba, Lingard, Smalling, Jones & Pereira should raise a few quid.

GJL

QuoteFC Astana0   Manchester United1

48 mins
HT 0-1
Lingard (10'minutes)

He must have been reading the board and thought 'I'll show them Feckers'

;D

Farrandeelin

Ended up losing 2-1. Wow. Just wow.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.