Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Very comfortable win against an Everton side who was the worst team United have played in Old Trafford this season. Really should have been a 4 or 5-0 win, Pickford praised on BT Sports but in reality it was poor finishing than good goalkeeping for the the 11 shots on target. Bruno playing in number 6 position very good the last two matches.

Attention/focus on that Rashford injury now who walked straight down the tunnel when going off. Top 4 still needs to be secured and big cup games coming up, losing Rashford now would be a big blow.

NAG1

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 08, 2023, 02:38:48 PM
Very comfortable win against an Everton side who was the worst team United have played in Old Trafford this season. Really should have been a 4 or 5-0 win, Pickford praised on BT Sports but in reality it was poor finishing than good goalkeeping for the the 11 shots on target. Bruno playing in number 6 position very good the last two matches.

Attention/focus on that Rashford injury now who walked straight down the tunnel when going off. Top 4 still needs to be secured and big cup games coming up, losing Rashford now would be a big blow.

Looks like he is out for a couple of weeks at least.

Martial could do with stepping in with a few goals to keep the run going. At least Casimero will be back for Thursday.

AustinPowers

Malacia dallied over that  chance when at 2-0.  I actually said  to myself , that's the turning point of the whole tie.  Had he scored , it was 3-0 and   the tie over

2-2 result ,  and  United are  as good as out

Cunny Funt

Sevillas luck in this competition continues with two OGS.  What Malacia was at on Sevillas opening goal? Before that brain fart United really should have put the tie to bed tonight and now with a poor away record it's uphill challenge to get through to the semi finals now.

Martínez injury the biggest blow to come out of that game, could be season ender for him and no like for like replacement. Varane had to go off injured at half time also.

jcpen

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 13, 2023, 10:10:25 PM
Malacia dallied over that  chance when at 2-0.  I actually said  to myself , that's the turning point of the whole tie.  Had he scored , it was 3-0 and   the tie over

As good as out ,really? You don't think they can go to a team currently 13th in the Spanish league and win?
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

The minute slab head comes on the game is as good as done ;D

He should just take himself off and chill out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

That was dreadful management. That's on Ten Hag tonight. Lot of injuries now. No Rashofrd, Bruno, shaw, martinez season looks over. Is Varane injured? All out for return leg.

An Watcher

To be fair to Seville they deserved something out of that game as they kept going.  Utd should have got a third but didnt

AustinPowers

Quote from: jcpen on April 13, 2023, 10:13:53 PM

As good as out ,really? You don't think they can go to a team currently 13th in the Spanish league and win?

Yes, and no

Blowitupref

Quote from: jcpen on April 13, 2023, 10:13:53 PM

Wouldn't be reading too much into what position they are in Spain, sides have won this competition before off the back of poor domestic league campaigns.  Europa league is the competition Sevilla excel in and this is their opportunity for European football again next season. Not as good as out but Sevilla will really fancy their chances at home to win against injury hit United now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Onthe40

The mgr must accept blame for that result as well.. taking of Fernandez on 60 mins.. flip me. Utd had zero attacking threat last 15 mins.. Another 10 mins and that would've ended 4-2 to Sevilla.. Utd couldnt get out of their own half

Helix.

Quote from: Onthe40 on April 13, 2023, 10:48:03 PM
The mgr must accept blame for that result as well.. taking of Fernandez on 60 mins.. flip me. Utd had zero attacking threat last 15 mins.. Another 10 mins and that would've ended 4-2 to Sevilla.. Utd couldnt get out of their own half

Poor result should have been out of sight in 2nd half. Went to sleep at the critical time and only themselves to blame. Shows the need for a no9 in the summer. Elanga's days are numbered and will probably be sold in the summer. Same with Martial.  Malacia very poor for first goal.
Hopefully Martinez injury isn't as serious as it looked. Doesn't look great.
A reaction at the weekend and hopefully get themselves a win next week. Have my doubts after that capitulation tonight. 

Hound

Interesting that Ten Haag said he got warned by the ref that Fernandes and Anthony were both getting close to second yellows, so he said he had no choice but to take them off

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on April 14, 2023, 10:30:54 AM
Interesting that Ten Haag said he got warned by the ref that Fernandes and Anthony were both getting close to second yellows, so he said he had no choice but to take them off

Good refereeing, employ that also in games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

It's looking very ropey at the back now...
Losing Rashford up front is a disaster too, but you'd hope Caseimro and Eriksen will mean a bit more control in the middle.
Anthony seems like a dope. He got locked into a mini battle with Acuna that seemed to be more important than picking the right pass.
Unless he is around the box to cut in he always turns back. Really don't see him.

A lot of dead wood to clear out in fairness with Elanga, and do they cut the losses with Sancho.
Pellestri and Garnacho can be improved so worth keeping.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.