Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Players need to start being punished for diving/feigning injury. Son earlier and then Bruno going down like he was shot.

StPatsAbu

Hope the Loserpool contributors to the thread enjoyed that.  Please tune in next week so we can laugh at you some more.... ;D ;D

Rich Ricci

That 2nd half performance from Utd was top quality. Really enjoyable to watch. Harsh decision to rule out the goal in the 1st half but rallied well in the 2nd half. Cavani was brilliant. His movement in the box is something else. Deserved MOTM.

Pogba was great too with the exception of him dicking around for that goal chance which thankfully wasn't costly. AWB, Luke Shaw and Greenwood were very good also. Fred too who I've been fairly critical of had a decent 2nd half and  even managed to string a few passes together for the equaliser.

Itchy

Not a united fan, don't support any English team but enjoy a good game.

I'm struck by few things after that, imagine how good pogba could be if he played with full effort and intensity for 90 minutes.

Cavani is type of player I love to watch, so much experience, technically brilliant and lethal in the penalty area.

Milltown Row2

Whether VAR was correct or not the best team won out in the end, standard win against a team that at the start of the season looked unbeatable, but have lately turned to shit.

If it was a foul in Son it was a foul on Rashford, and if it was a foul on Son then he should have got at least a second yellow followed by a red.

Strange set up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2021, 06:38:25 PM
Whether VAR was correct or not the best team won out in the end, standard win against a team that at the start of the season looked unbeatable, but have lately turned to shit.

If it was a foul in Son it was a foul on Rashford, and if it was a foul on Son then he should have got at least a second yellow followed by a red.

Strange set up

Why would a foul automatically mean a yellow?  Of more importance if the ref deemed accidental the foul should not have been given as Son was fouling McTominay to begin with.

Cunny Funt

Great result and performance. Could or should have been 1-0 united at half time but down 1-0 sparked them into life and a 2nd half performance which Spurs couldn't live with.

Two of Jose's signings at United Pogba, Fred played with a point to prove today. Cavani doing what he does best and great cross by Greenwood  plus he continues his recent goal scoring run.

Some turnaround from the 6-1 loss earlier in the season but that match was a clear freak result with the sending off and Uniteds fitness was way off the level required.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on April 11, 2021, 06:47:28 PM

Strange set up

Why would a foul automatically mean a yellow?  Of more importance if the ref deemed accidental the foul should not have been given as Son was fouling McTominay to begin with.

He slapped him in the face, in my book that's a yellow or red. If it was accidental as the ref seen it I've then why change his mind?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macker15

Is this the end of Jose?

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2021, 06:49:14 PM

Strange set up

He slapped him in the face, in my book that's a yellow or red. If it was accidental as the ref seen it I've then why change his mind?

So any accidental hand to face in a tussle is always a yellow or red in your book?  There'd be sendings off in virtually every game if that were the case. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on April 11, 2021, 06:58:45 PM

Strange set up

So any accidental hand to face in a tussle is always a yellow or red in your book?  There'd be sendings off in virtually every game if that were the case.

I don't know what the officials said, If it was accidental play on, if there was no intent, play on. He deemed that at the time so if it was a foul that overturned a goal then he must have seen something more deliberate. Accidental is unintentionally tripping someone one, it looked intentional to me, a deliberate hand off to the face. Son overplayed it though

Captain Obvious

Strange set up

Slapped him? Son should have got a yellow card for simulation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 11, 2021, 07:26:25 PM

Strange set up

Slapped him? Son should have got a yellow card for simulation.

There was movement to his face, same as the non foul on Rashford just before it. You can't give one without giving the other, either they were both fouls or not.

screenexile

Was Pogba's not an elbow as well??

What was Ole on about with that stupid statement about not feeding his son? Random! I know he's Norwegian but surely he can come up with something better to say than that!

StPatsAbu

Quote from: screenexile on April 11, 2021, 08:48:25 PM
Was Pogba's not an elbow as well??

What was Ole on about with that stupid statement about not feeding his son? Random! I know he's Norwegian but surely he can come up with something better to say than that!

On balance Pogba's elbow was more of a red card than McTominay's was a foul.  If VAR has shown anything it's that it allows sh1t refs to double down on their ineptitude.