GAA Now (or not)

Started by Mossy Bruce, June 01, 2019, 08:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

Was anyone outside the Republic able to live stream the Offaly/Antrim match on the GAA Now webpage, today?

I'm in the States and would only see a black screen with no sound. There wasn't any type of notice saying it wasn't viewable in my location (which is what I usually see on an RTE stream). I'm not sure if it was a technical issue with my iPad or if I'm just SOL on viewing these streams in the States.

Several hours after the match, I can now see the whole game but I am on a completely different device (and it is no longer live).
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

LooseCannon

Had a similar experience myself. Tried it on another phone, it worked fine.
I'm in Ireland though.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 01, 2019, 11:43:33 PM
Had a similar experience myself. Tried it on another phone, it worked fine.
I'm in Ireland though.
Yeah, I am hoping to get this figured out before the Kerry/Laois match, next Saturday. I might have to get an Irish IP address, somehow.

By the way, I was sorry to see the result of the Offaly/Antrim match--for Offaly's (and Laois') sake.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

LooseCannon

I'm not too tech savvy, but a VPN should work. There should be a few apps. I think that there's something one called Hexatech that I used before.

glens73

I was trying to watch it yesterday in England but same as you black screen, also tried it on a VPN and on 2 different devices, neither of which worked

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: glens73 on June 02, 2019, 02:09:41 PM
I was trying to watch it yesterday in England but same as you black screen, also tried it on a VPN and on 2 different devices, neither of which worked
Well, damn. I was hoping a VPN would do it. Thank you for saving me some money and frustration, glens73.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!