Living here v Austrailia 2015/16

Started by Gold, July 29, 2015, 11:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

Never had any intention of coming here.  Too fekkin hot for my viking skin.

15 years later and I'm still here (with excellent commission from Suncream companies).

Mini-me is now 14 (and Jim Stynes, 5'5" or so, size 9 feet, and has just been selected for the Perth Demons WAFL u-14 development squad).

Perth is really very, very expensive and despite the mooting of a downturn in the mining industry, will remain so by the looks of things.

As with any country/culture (and I've lived in a few) it is what you make of it.  I am so glad I didn't get sucked into the "Irish scene" but if you are only intending to stay a short while that will be ok.  I took myself off and got to see and experience parts of this and that many Aussies don't know exist.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

JimStynes

Quote from: Aerlik on July 31, 2015, 05:38:44 PM
Never had any intention of coming here.  Too fekkin hot for my viking skin.

15 years later and I'm still here (with excellent commission from Suncream companies).

Mini-me is now 14 (and Jim Stynes, 5'5" or so, size 9 feet, and has just been selected for the Perth Demons WAFL u-14 development squad).

Perth is really very, very expensive and despite the mooting of a downturn in the mining industry, will remain so by the looks of things.

As with any country/culture (and I've lived in a few) it is what you make of it.  I am so glad I didn't get sucked into the "Irish scene" but if you are only intending to stay a short while that will be ok.  I took myself off and got to see and experience parts of this and that many Aussies don't know exist.

That's unreal! Makes me feel old now! He must got his AFL ability from that time I was over haha